Cockpit before and after - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Tribe's Avatar
Tribe
Status: Offline
Pablo Cocito
1987 Tithonus 110
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 133
Cockpit before and after

Hi folks,

My '87 Tithonus when I got it:



As of today:







Thank you for looking!

Cheers
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:50 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Oooo..snazzy. Very nice
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:59 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Looks great. How do you like that insulation mat? worth the $700 or so?
__________________
1955 Series I
1975 FC101 Vampire
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:04 PM
xplorUtah's Avatar
xplorUtah
Status: Offline
Andrew P
1960 SII
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 1,134
Registry
Whats the part number on that steering wheel? Looks great!
__________________
1960 Series II "Pliny"
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,500
That looks nicee.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:30 PM
kevincdoyle's Avatar
kevincdoyle
Status: Offline
Kevin C. Doyle
1995 NAS D90 Coniston Green SW
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tulsa, OK USA
Posts: 864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe View Post
Hi folks, My '87 Tithonus when I got it: As of today: Thank you for looking! Cheers
Nice! I ordered a couple extra plugs for that keyhole if you want one!
__________________
Attributed to Shayne...

"I actually like to paint some of my smaller parts......"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:31 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Looks great. How do you like that insulation mat? worth the $700 or so?
Got mine from a forum member. HD, high quality and worth every dime.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:34 PM
RBBailey
Status: Offline
RBBailey
1965 IIa
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Damascus, Oregon
Posts: 1,580
Registry
What did you replace, vs. what did you just clean, and how?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:41 AM
BRAB
Status: Offline
Brandon
200TDI in a RHD 1986 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Port Washington, NY, USA
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Looks great. How do you like that insulation mat? worth the $700 or so?
Dan that mat makes the biggest difference, i did not have to pay 700 since it came with the truck. But it is deff worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:46 AM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,527
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Looks great. How do you like that insulation mat? worth the $700 or so?
x2!!
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Tribe's Avatar
Tribe
Status: Offline
Pablo Cocito
1987 Tithonus 110
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 133
Guys I thought hard before dropping $700 on the mat system but I'm glad I did! The whole set weighs 77 pounds and it deadens noise dramatically. I'm sure I'll thank it in summer too. It also looks terrific!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,841
Registry
Your mat looks to be black ? I think that looks a lot better than the grey ones in most Tithonus trucks.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Tribe's Avatar
Tribe
Status: Offline
Pablo Cocito
1987 Tithonus 110
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
What did you replace, vs. what did you just clean, and how?
What I cleaned:

Removed all rust from the floor and footwells and painted with anti rust base. Fortunately the rust was all superficial.

Sealed all the floor panels and tunnel with clear silicone from Home Depot.

Covered all the floor, footwells, seat area, and doors with Dynamat Xtreme ($145 for the box of 9 sheets) excellent sound deadening!!

I Painted all the dashboard areas and plastics with "Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric". THIS IS THE BEST MOD FOR THE MONEY BAR NONE AND EASY TO DO. To prepare the surfaces you wash them with warm water with a little dishwashing detergent and a sponge, than you clean with Wax and grease remover from Duplicolor. And finally before applying the color you spray with an Adhesion promoter from Duplicolor. The prep work is VERY IMPORTANT because dashboards have a life of receiving all types of silicones and stuff... According to some youtube vids that I watched, if the prep is well done the paint job is permanent. You can even use it on seats so go figure. All the above is done very quick and no need for lengthy dry time. Everything dries to the touch almost immediately. I didn't remove the whole dash; just taped and covered with newspaper.

Seats: I purchased the re-trim kits from ExMoor. They are very well made with excellent fit. Exmoore video is very good. The process is simple but you need strong hands and fingers. I also purchased the seat covers which look great in my opinion.

The doors cards are pretty straight forward to install.

If I forgot something let me know and I will be happy to explain

------ Follow up post added January 26th, 2015 09:34 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Your mat looks to be black ? I think that looks a lot better than the grey ones in most Tithonus trucks.
Yes I agree they look great in black! Dirt shows more also but its ok with me...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 26th, 2015, 09:42 AM
byrnecc's Avatar
byrnecc
Status: Offline
Conor
1986 ex-mod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Howard County, MD
Posts: 293
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe View Post
What I cleaned:

Removed all rust from the floor and footwells and painted with anti rust base. Fortunately the rust was all superficial.

Sealed all the floor panels and tunnel with clear silicone from Home Depot.

Covered all the floor, footwells, seat area, and doors with Dynamat Xtreme ($145 for the box of 9 sheets) excellent sound deadening!!

I Painted all the dashboard areas and plastics with "Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric". THIS IS THE BEST MOD FOR THE MONEY BAR NONE AND EASY TO DO. To prepare the surfaces you wash them with warm water with a little dishwashing detergent and a sponge, than you clean with Wax and grease remover from Duplicolor. And finally before applying the color you spray with an Adhesion promoter from Duplicolor. The prep work is VERY IMPORTANT because dashboards have a life of receiving all types of silicones and stuff... According to some youtube vids that I watched, if the prep is well done the paint job is permanent. You can even use it on seats so go figure. All the above is done very quick and no need for lengthy dry time. Everything dries to the touch almost immediately. I didn't remove the whole dash; just taped and covered with newspaper.

Seats: I purchased the re-trim kits from ExMoor. They are very well made with excellent fit. Exmoore video is very good. The process is simple but you need strong hands and fingers. I also purchased the seat covers which look great in my opinion.

The doors cards are pretty straight forward to install.

If I forgot something let me know and I will be happy to explain

------ Follow up post added January 26th, 2015 09:34 AM ------



Yes I agree they look great in black! Dirt shows more also but its ok with me...
I used that dupli-color paint on my dash as well and agree, huge bang for the buck. Really turned my dash around and so easy to use, as you say its all in the prep work.

Looks great!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:11 AM
NPT90's Avatar
NPT90
Status: Offline
JT
D90 óriginalé
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC/MD
Posts: 2,772
Registry
God makes me want a NAS style wheel badly, yours looks to be in great conditional as well
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,685
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
God makes me want a NAS style wheel badly, yours looks to be in great conditional as well
Not NAS - http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDe...e=0&eq=&key=it

Edit- Is that a Canadian overdrive I see?? Nice!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:15 AM
curry's Avatar
curry
Status: Offline
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bloomfield hills, mi
Posts: 623
Registry
Nice job!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 26th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Tribe's Avatar
Tribe
Status: Offline
Pablo Cocito
1987 Tithonus 110
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincdoyle View Post
Nice! I ordered a couple extra plugs for that keyhole if you want one!
Got one OTW with other stuff. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:07 PM
RBBailey
Status: Offline
RBBailey
1965 IIa
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Damascus, Oregon
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Awesome. I have wondered about some kind of paint. Very curious to see how this holds up in long run.

I also like black interiors. Yes they get dirty, and show. But then you know just how clean it is as well. I have nice seats, but I will be getting black seat covers.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,795
Soundproofing is on the summer to do list. How was covering the transmission tunnel etc? Am thinking of using this stuff as its thicker than the Dynamat. Made of the same stuff. http://stp-atlantic.com/products/buy...tegory=8480344

Look like RN door cards but whose handles?
__________________
A friend of mine runs a land rover / range rover specialty repair shop. Based on his experience, they are capable of stopping anywhere, anytime, at any cost.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Before and After: Black Steelies vs. Boost w/ Tire upgrade rijosho Defender Technical Discussions 93 February 4th, 2013 04:26 PM
New suspension: before and after maleger Defender Technical Discussions 19 July 13th, 2012 02:21 PM
F/S 1994 Land Rover Defender Full Tonneau Cockpit Cover Buddie For Sale - Parts 15 May 19th, 2012 05:34 PM
Swiss 110-Before and After Francois Truck Build-up's & Restores 44 October 22nd, 2011 10:42 AM
My new D90 Before and After kennybahr Misc. Chit-Chat 9 January 22nd, 2008 09:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Copyright