Berkshire Land Rover - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old October 10th, 2014, 10:01 AM
flinthills
Tommy
2001 Disco II

Berkshire Land Rover

Well after over a year of having my attorney try and recover my money paid to Berkshire Land Rover, and all that has gone on, I received a letter from my attorney yesterday, saying it is finally over. But, he informed me that I would not be receiving any of the money paid to Berkshire, they are gone! I have accumulated large legal expenses over the last year, and total that with what I paid to Berkshire, I have just lost $40,000 dollars!!! If anyone can remember the thread over this topic from the very beginning, I was made out to be the bad guy by Berkshire, and I was advised by my attorney to keep quiet during the legal process. Now that it is over, I decided to come back, and clear up who was the bad guy in this case, and let everyone know how it ended. Not good. Hopefully, nobody else got caught up like I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinthills View Post
But, he informed me that I would not be receiving any of the money paid to Berkshire, they are gone!
Who is this then? http://www.berkshiremotorcarcompany....hirelandrover/ and http://www.blr4x4usa.com/contactus.php

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
building a growing reputation on both sides of the Atlantic for our full CBR (Custom Build & Restoration) programme.
However, due to growing demand for more modern accessories and more powerful gas engines, Berkshire Land Rover have been working on a new "kit car" called the BLR. It has the same classical look of the Defender and the same rugged durability, but that is where the similarity stops.
The BLR "kit cars" are fully assembled in our Florida facility starting with a galvanized and coated chassis, ABS, Alarm/Immobiliser, Central Locking, Climate Control, Seating for 5 or 7 in X/S Half Leather Black Rack (and Heated Front Seats), Boost Alloy Wheels, Heated Front Window, NAS(*) Rear Step, Performance Brakes & Suspension, NAS (*) Roll Cage, Fukll Leather Interior (dash, door cards, window surrounds and Alcantara headliner), Xenon front lights with day time running operation, LED NAS rear lights, double-DIN dash, cruise control, and a host of other features.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2014, 10:32 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
If they were purchased by NENE overland couldn't you go after them for the debt?

Keywords: nene overland, BLR, new ownership, stolen deposit, shady business
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:37 AM
flinthills
Tommy
2001 Disco II

They were purchased by Nene?
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
says so right on their website
Old October 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
See the site I linked above....

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:00 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LR.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	104675  

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Andrew Harrison-Smith and Charles Mogford together in one entity. We all better get chains for our wallets now.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Goody...
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:09 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
building a growing reputation on both sides of the Atlantic for our full CBR (Custom Build & Restoration) programme.
However, due to growing demand for more modern accessories and more powerful gas engines, Berkshire Land Rover have been working on a new "kit car" called the BLR. It has the same classical look of the Defender and the same rugged durability, but that is where the similarity stops.
The BLR "kit cars" are fully assembled in our Florida facility starting with a galvanized and coated chassis, ABS, Alarm/Immobiliser, Central Locking, Climate Control, Seating for 5 or 7 in X/S Half Leather Black Rack (and Heated Front Seats), Boost Alloy Wheels, Heated Front Window, NAS(*) Rear Step, Performance Brakes & Suspension, NAS (*) Roll Cage, Fukll Leather Interior (dash, door cards, window surrounds and Alcantara headliner), Xenon front lights with day time running operation, LED NAS rear lights, double-DIN dash, cruise control, and a host of other features.
Brilliant ... even has spelling mistake in their AD!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Nene would have purchased the Assets (ie Inventory) and name, not the liabilities. Unless they have stupid lawyers.

Honestly the Florida kit car routine is imho just an invitation for the Feds to close a loophole to exclude kit cars build with imported parts.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
I'm pretty sure that in the UK, you can't escape liability by changing ownership... Post this up on a UK forum. They are pretty hard on companies that try to avoid liability.

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Classic throw-back

Quote:
I just sent Kieron at Berkshire a letter that was embarassing, admitting to handling this situation the wrong way. Someone had decided to forward on links to the discussion about my transaction, and because of me over-reacting, was an embarassing feeling when Kieron sent a reply to me. I appreciate everyones help, and that is why I came on here, was for advice, but I should not have made some of the responses I did, bashing Berkshire, without seeing the work they do, I cannot say whether or not Berkishire builds an honest vehicle. So, I apologize to Berkshire Land Rover for my comments.

------ Follow up post added June 12th, 2012 04:34 PM ------

I also want to point out that the invoice was dated 45 days, but the money was actually wired 30 days ago. So the comment I made about using my money to fund other projects was out of line, and again, I apologize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLR90 View Post
... I responded because it is easy for visitors to this forum whether they have an ulterior motive or no motive at all to throw mud and whether justified or not, some sticks.

I sometimes think that there are a few people on these forums who are like the nerds hacking into computers systems or circulating a virus – no obvious gain, just for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I haven't really seen motives displayed in this thread or others concerning BLR, other than for past customers of yours, as well as their friends, to educate potential/prospective customers of yours of the pitfalls of doing business with a foreign company that holds a substantial deposit for many months, while the communication as to where the progress of said project is constantly in limbo.

The original post of this thread was posted via a current customer of yours, and while you say your company is working hard to ramp up an administrative arm to handle your customers' concerns, we see a current customer who was still left in the dark and so concerned that he came on this forum to learn from past customers as to the general practices of your company. It wasn't until the questions he posted here were responded to, that a substantial update was provided to him.

The Internet can be a scary place to conduct business, and plenty of us have been burned in the past for projects that required substantial deposits, only to see that company go belly-up, and our funds go missing in the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Cool, so just to clarify and be demonstrative of your professional manners - Tommy is getting his deposit back in full then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLR90 View Post
That's between Tommy and myself and we are discussing that at the moment

Quote:
I would like to let everyone know that Kieron and myself are working together to resolve this issue. This has been a good lesson for the both of us!
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:58 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Classic throw-back
What, no quotes of the Lav/Kieron banter ?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old October 10th, 2014, 12:00 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
I'm pretty sure that in the UK, you can't escape liability by changing ownership... Post this up on a UK forum. They are pretty hard on companies that try to avoid liability.
You should consider a UK firm that will be willing to bring a suit against Nene on a success based fee. If there are no takers, based on the facts of the case, you have your unfortunate answer.

Clay

Old October 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
What, no quotes of the Lav/Kieron banter ?
Ha. I included one!
Old October 10th, 2014, 12:37 PM
flinthills
Tommy
2001 Disco II

I hired a firm in the UK to handle this case. After reading about the partnership with Nene, I have forwarded this information onto my attorney!
Old October 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Himalaya
Mark WS
1995 Nas, 86 D110, 97 Hummer H1

FWIW
Nene purchased the new inventory and parts. Thats it!
Old October 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
FWIW
Nene purchased the new inventory and parts. Thats it!
What if they purchased this guys $40k worth of new parts and labor on a rebuild?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
land rover