Berkshire Land Rover - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old December 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I looked around, it's just how he does business.

Bashing and belittling everyone so he can make a point (the point being soon there will be no one left to do business with).

Mike is the victim here, he has a beautiful 110 being held hostage by a 5 year old masquerading as a car dealer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Sorry if my reply was a bit of a surprise; it looked like this on my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4252519844.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	85803  
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermike View Post
Hello Guys,

This conversation is turning real bad ! Let me put some things straight, too many people are taking other peoples words for granted.

RiverHouse has no SOLE agent / importer in the US and is not affiliated with anybody. My goal is and has Always been to deliver original spec trucks to my US customers.

Since Jan this year it has been more difficult to sell from Europe without the buyer present to check the vehicle / outlet and seller. There are just too many outlets / sellers in Europe that do not deliver as promised and agreed. Therefor we shipped the black Saudie Spec truck to my friend Bill, who I know for more than 10 years and I could trust. Bill has imported / exported many vehicles from all over the world and we both are sellers for the Chinese Moke kick off

The black 110 was never rejected, we have taken the 200 tdi that was originally fitted out of the truck and fitted an Original spec 2.5 NA Diesel PRIOR to shipping which resulted in custom clearance 2 days after arrival.

The idea was that we could sell the truck , being in the US with a clear US title, all duties paid, with customers being able to inspect it and feel confident about buying something from RiverHouseMini.

It seems Bill's tone in his posts on this forum and the fact he is very new to the Landrover business caused very understandable reactions from many of my friends here, incl Doug.

I am sorry if Bill has stepped on anybody's toes here, his words were not my words and certain not my intentions.

I value the opinions of all board members which is why I am sourcing a way to way my trucks shipped to the US prior to selling them and reside stateside so they can be inspected.

Problems are ofcoarse exchange rate fluctuation and finding a guy / company I can trust to handle my trucks.

One more thing about the Black 110 Saudie Spec :

This is probably understood incorrectly or it might have been my bad english, the truck was never rejected :

To

Bill has never been dishonest with me in the past 10 years and has helped me out of various occassions. Do NOT feel offended by his words. It is his way of expressing himself, might be different from many of us.

Let me talk to Bill as well. __________________
For LHD Defender restorations and refurbishments

www.riverhousemini.com

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Mike,

I've never seen one of your Defenders in person but I can say from the pictures that your restorations are what I pray mine looks like someday. You set the bar for the level I hope to achieve.

I don't think anyone is going to hold this guy against you since you send over what look to be extremely well sorted trucks at a pretty fair price.

Keep up the great work, it keeps me inspired to do better on my 110.

Folks with a attitude like werewolfs, make me glad someone else dealt with the importation process on mine, and reinforce my decision to refer people to Doug.

Werewolf might be the most honest person on the planet and dependable as the rising sun, but they way he comes across makes me think life is to short to deal with people like that when better folks are around to deal with that are truly upstanding gentlemen.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I never said that. Bill seems like a prick. I don't hold it against you Mike. I actually really love the work you do and I think you do an extremely thorough job representing everything you send over and offer to Defender Source.

Concerning the 110; I was merely commenting on how they rejected the truck for a non spec engine. Certainly compounded by the fact that the refit was beautiful and caught a lot of attention from customs.

Apparently if you're UNCLE BUCK over there you can just put your hardhat on, twirl your TWIC card in the air and custom's agents just open the gates and let you pick whatever you want from the port. I don't take this as a representation of RIVERHOUSE; and I would hope no one on this forum will either

Glad to hear you like our work. I am working my ass of every day to present nice solid trucks for the USA. Some of them might be too much for some guys but thats a matter of taste. It would be a strange world if our tastes would be indentical, hahahaha.

I suppose you meant to say you are sorry you misinterpreted the information given , my black 110 was never send with the 200 tdi since we knew if would get stopped so therefor we fitted the 2.5 NA Diesel engine which was supposed to be in this truck, PRIOR to shipping.

Apologies accepted , best regards, Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
by this point i wonder if the 10 year friendship is going to last another year between "riverhouse" and "Mr Edit every post". =)
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
Mike,

Folks with a attitude like werewolfs, make me glad someone else dealt with the importation process on mine, and reinforce my decision to refer people to Doug.

Werewolf might be the most honest person on the planet and dependable as the rising sun, but they way he comes across makes me think life is to short to deal with people like that when better folks are around to deal with that are truly upstanding gentlemen.

Could be a lack of net / blog savvy. A direct personality in person can be appreciated as you can witness the emotion and intent of a person, but posting in forums takes some skill to make sure a point is not taken offensively..(unless one's intent is to force an opinion). It would have been a different thread tone altogether if Mr. Werewolf approached the forum with more etiquette..(take a hint from Mike's posts?)
YOU GOT THAT Werewolf?
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I sincerely mean it, I think this has a lot less to do with you and a lot more to do with the general disposition of the gentleman who is offering this truck for sale in the US.

Sorry if I was mistaken about the customs rejection, could've sworn I read in the eBay listing or on the forum that this truck had to be shipped and then shipped back. Anyway, GLWS, looking forward to your next build.

JT
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Quote:

Bashing and belittling everyone so he can make a point (the point being soon there will be no one left to do business with).

Mike is the victim here, he has a beautiful 110 being held hostage by a 5 year old masquerading as a car dealer

Thanks but I am no victim, and my truck will not be held hostage ! Bill is okay with me, I am sure he will take my advice ...

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 04:00 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
by this point i wonder if the 10 year friendship is going to last another year between "riverhouse" and "Mr Edit every post". =)

Again, I am sure Bill is going to work with me on this

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Old December 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:

^^^^^^^I know of a guy up on the coast of Maine a little like this

thewap may be onto something as well (werewolf may not be aware of the proper and sometime delicate ediquette that is needed on forums....and in this case such a hot-button topic). Ignorance is no excuse, but FWIW, Mike has been a good contributor to this forum and his work looks nice from the photos. Since Mike says this guy is a real person, not a muppet or a troll, maybe we give werewolf a mulligan on the past two days? ........but only if he straightens up and flies straight very quickly.

Also, (and please nobody take offense), but there could be a cultural and language issue going on as well. I don't know werewolf's origins, but in some cultures arguing and posturing is part of the bonding and trust process. These individuals can come off as abrasive, arrogant and overly blunt (even when wrong).....(Baghdad Bob is a case in point). Still, in order to do ANY business in the US and especially with knowlegable no-bullshit members here, werewolf will need a crash course in etiquette and demeanor.

Are you listening buddy? Don't mean to be punchy or blunt, but that seems to be a language you understand.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
you must have found out he was your uncle or something! lol
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Look at the other BLR thread…
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

edit5
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
what he deleted all his posts?
To be clear I wasn't vouching for him, I was somehow hoping that he could add something constructive eventually since Mike said he was a real person.

Okay, I guess now we can expect him to re-appear as a new user in the near future.

You're on your own werewolf.
"go about your journeys, Yul!" - Kenny Powers
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:32 AM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

It's just sad…
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Doesn't delete his posts that others have quoted.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:06 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

uncle doug are you a Lic Dealer in Vir or MD?? do NOT see Divideing Creek Imports listed ??
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
uncle doug are you a Lic Dealer in Vir or MD?? do NOT see Divideing Creek Imports listed ??
Bill you just don't get it do you?

Interesting to see that your reputation on the mini sites is the same as you've already achieved here.

BTW, the State of NC dissolved Montecarlomini some time ago.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

This is pathetic, now are you trying to question Doug?

How's this sound, post up links to any satisfied customer you may have. I'd guess that the majority of your past customers have really nothing good to say about you.

What you'll find here is customers that will support the HIGH QUALITY attention to detail that you get when use Doug's company. That is something I'm sure is beyond your comprehension
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I'd be more concerned with 45 posts about your attitude and ignorance. Hoping to discount people by pointing out why anyone here should give a damn about anything you say is really juvenile.

I'm dropping the mic; you're clearly immune to the frequent nudges (even the example provided by Mike) toward any sort of humility. You're listing a $60K 110 for someone; not a $6k mini. Know your role
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM
atlcruiser
david
many

Trainwreck......

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 12:28 PM ------

I feel left out. Mr Wolf, can you point out my failings as well?

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores