Berkshire Land Rover - Page 15 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thank you very much Will !

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
go get him...
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Thank you very much Will !
No worries sir.

Also, I have a good friend (and law school classmate) of mine who is an attorney practicing at a firm in Shelby, NC. She and I both clerked for the same Judge here in Raleigh. If you should need a referral or possibly information for other contacts in that area, just let me know. I'd be happy to provide you with her contact information.

Happy Holidays!

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
What what a shitty move by BC/werewolf. BC/werewolf - I really hope I don't see you down in OCR (or anyplace) like I mentioned in a prior post. And I hope that no other members at OCR get to experience doing business with you. That is truly a low-life move.

Very sorry you are going thru this now Doug especially after a funeral. And apologies on the past with Mike@ECR. When I was first looking for a 90 years ago I had emailed him on one red NAS I was looking at and he responded nicely to my questions. Add to it, growing up in New England, people from Maine almost always have a good/honest rep. But, live and learn.
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Quote:

Nice choice of business associates Michael.

Hi Doug, I am truelly upset and shocked about this whole situation since I consider you my friend since we had a good and positive working relation.

He has no idea what he is doing and I have no f..... clue what he is up to.

I told everyone earlier in this thread, Bill is NOT my importer at all, Frank does all my trucks , you know that as well. I tried to call you this AM after I read the email you send me to discuss, I fully understand your feelings and I find this unacceptable.

I spoke to him several times last week and told him I have have relations with many people on the forum and consider them my friends, and therefor he was in no position to insult them in any way. He told me he would not post on the board anymore.

BILL COX is not representing me in anyway and I have nothing to do with this.

Pleasel email me when I can call you to discuss this.

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermike View Post
Hi Doug, I am truelly upset and shocked about this whole situation since I consider you my friend since we had a good and positive working relation.

He has no idea what he is doing and I have no f..... clue what he is up to.

I told everyone earlier in this thread, Bill is NOT my importer at all, Frank does all my trucks , you know that as well. I tried to call you this AM after I read the email you send me to discuss, I fully understand your feelings and I find this unacceptable.

I spoke to him several times last week and told him I have have relations with many people on the forum and consider them my friends, and therefor he was in no position to insult them in any way. He told me he would not post on the board anymore.

Pleasel email me when I can call you to discuss this.
Good on you for clearing this up.
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
I would like to plead with the Admins to grab this douche's IP address and BLOCK him from this forum. While being an a**hole might be his right, and something we have to tolerate on this board...his actions have now crossed over into threatening & possibly criminal. This goes far beyond the bounds for D90 acceptable behavior, so why let him use this site to continue his malicious efforts?!?
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
I wonder if Delbert McClinton has any idea this shitbag is using his name and images to sell his crap? http://www.montecarlomini.com/avail.htm
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
This guy is a douche.

-Jeff

he looks like Gallagher! where's his huge mallet?
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
he looks like Gallagher! where's his huge mallet?
You mean this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
guys.. if you sell or own british cars for last 39 year like I have.. you had better have good sense of humor ( and carry a big stick to keep the wolf away) later bc edit edit edit
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
You mean this?
too funny!
if not for the malicious attacks on Raub and Doug (perhaps others), this whole thing would have been just amusing.

If his business were doing as well as he claims, he simply wouldn't have the time to get involved in these situations.

Another great saying comes to mind when I think of assholes like this:
"The wheels of justice grind exceeding slow, but exceedingly fine"
It's really true if you start to think about it. How often do you find yourself thinking "how is this guy not living in a van down by the river, or in jail for something shady?"
It just takes a really long time for things to catch up with some people. More time than it should.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:18 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

If I remember correctly did someone else do something similar to you when you lived further North? They justified it by reporting you were selling without a license. Am sure you have your house in order in regards to that, now and then. Sorry to hear you are dealing with a similar issue.

Keep your wits about you Doug.

Quote:
Well I had stepped away from the discussion about this cretan but I returned after 4 days out of town for a funeral to find a business card in my door. The card belongs to the Senior Special Agent Law Enforcement Services Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. In a call this morning (keep in mind this guy has already searched my property in my absence) it was revealed that he was investigating a lead from Bill Cox a dealer in North Carolina.
Bill you truly are the lowest form of life on this planet. While I have nothing to fear from this investigator the fact that you sicked him on me speaks volumes about your character. I can't wait to return the favor. You will reap what you sowed here- that is a certainty.

Nice choice of business associates Michael.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:

Mike,

Thanks for chiming in. I must admit that you've left me somewhat confused. The statement above seems to be completely at odds with what you've previously represented regarding Mr. Cox. From the previous posts you've made, I was taken to understand that Mr. Cox was operating as an agent of yours here in the US, selling your 110 (see quotes from your posts below). In your posts, you clearly delineated that Mr. Cox was holding your 110 in his possession and from the context it was further taken to understand by all that he was selling the truck on your behalf. That being said, your assertion stands in conflict with what you've previously stated regarding Mr. Cox.

Please understand that it is not my intent to smear your reputation or your character. Rather, I would like to have some clarification regarding the contradictions in your posts. Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Quote:
Since Jan this year it has been more difficult to sell from Europe without the buyer present to check the vehicle / outlet and seller. There are just too many outlets / sellers in Europe that do not deliver as promised and agreed. Therefor we shipped the black Saudie Spec truck to my friend Bill, who I know for more than 10 years and I could trust. Bill has imported / exported many vehicles from all over the world and we both are sellers for the Chinese Moke kick off

The idea was that we could sell the truck , being in the US with a clear US title, all duties paid, with customers being able to inspect it and feel confident about buying something from RiverHouseMini.
Quote:
Thanks but I am no victim, and my truck will not be held hostage ! Bill is okay with me, I am sure he will take my advice ...

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 04:00 PM ------

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

[QUOTE=rivermike;489337

RiverHouse is not affiliated with anybody. My goal is and has been to deliver original spec trucks to my US customers.

Since Jan this year it has been more difficult to sell from Europe without the buyer present to check the vehicle / outlet and seller. There are just too many outlets / sellers in Europe that do not deliver as promised and agreed. Therefor we shipped the black Saudie Spec truck to my friend Bill, who I know for more than 10 years and I could trust. Bill has imported / exported many vehicles from all over the world and we both are sellers for the Chinese Moke kick off.

The idea was that we could sell the truck , being in the US with a clear US title, all duties paid, with customers being able to inspect it and feel confident about buying something from RiverHouseMini.

It seems Bill's tone in his posts on this forum and the fact he is very new to the Landrover business caused very understandable reactions from many of my friends here, incl Doug.

I am sorry if Bill has stepped on anybody's toes here, his words were not my words and certain not my intentions.

I value the opinions of all board members highly which is why I am sourcing a way to way my trucks shipped to the US prior to selling them and reside stateside so they can be inspected.

[/QUOTE]

Dear all,

Maybe my wording was incorrect, please note this is NOT my native language.

The above is correct, what I meant to say in the previous post is even though he is selling my truck, I do not agree what he writes here or what he does. On the contrary, I totally disagree with what he does, I am both upset and angry about his accusations and I did tell him that as well.

He offered to sell this one truck for me, he is not my US agent.

My wording "I have nothing to do with this " meant : I consider Doug a friend and I would never even dream about doing such a thing.

Any more questions guys ?

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Who actually owns the truck?
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
I have changed my avatar to reflect my appreciation for this entertaining POS thread.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick

Registry
Quote:
Dear all,

Maybe my wording was incorrect, please note this is NOT my native language.

The above is correct, what I meant to say in the previous post is even though he is selling my truck, I do not agree what he writes here or what he does. On the contrary, I totally disagree with what he does, I am both upset and angry about his accusations and I did tell him that as well.

He offered to sell this one truck for me, he is not my US agent.

My wording "I have nothing to do with this " meant : I consider Doug a friend and I would never even dream about doing such a thing.

Any more questions guys ?
Mike,

Thanks again for your reply. To clarify, when you stated that Mr. Cox is "not representing you in anyway", you were effectively taken to state that you, "have absolutely no relationship with Mr. Cox, whatsoever" and that "he is not selling a Defender on (your) behalf".

What I now take you to be saying is that you are not being represented by Mr. Cox with regards to his complaint against Mr. Crowther to the State of Virginia DMV. However, per your explanation, I feel it incumbent upon me to point out that you are incorrect in your assertion that Mr. Cox is not your "US agent". Again, it is possible that this is a miscommunication due to the language barrier. However,If he is selling your vehicle on your behalf, then he is, by the very definition, your agent. (see definition below)

"agent noun \ˈā-jənt\
: a person who does business for another person : a person who acts on behalf of another"

cited from:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agent

Bottom line, if he is selling your 110 on your behalf, then Mr. Cox is, in fact, your legal agent here in the United States. And so that you are aware of the implications, under US law, principals can be found to have liability for the actions of their agents, despite whether the agents actions were authorized or not.

In all honesty, it's bad enough that you're associated with Mr. Cox, but at this point, I think that may be the least of your worries. I mean honestly, they might as well change the name of this thread, because there are more pages concerning your business than Berkshire Land Rover. And, once the internet search engines pick this up, your business will forever be linked with the latter whenever anyone does a search.......I'm just saying.

Once again, this is not legal advice.

Quote:
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomar View Post
i have changed my avatar to reflect my appreciation for this entertaining pos thread.
lol!
Old December 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
DUNNO - frankly I enjoy Bill's avatar MUCH better...but each to their own Jeff
Old December 16th, 2013, 03:40 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
DUNNO - frankly I enjoy Bill's avatar MUCH better...but each to their own Jeff
Something we agree

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores