Berkshire Land Rover - Page 14 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Well I had stepped away from the discussion about this cretan but I returned after 4 days out of town for a funeral to find a business card in my door. The card belongs to the Senior Special Agent Law Enforcement Services Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. In a call this morning (keep in mind this guy has already searched my property in my absence) it was revealed that he was investigating a lead from Bill Cox a dealer in North Carolina.
Bill you truly are the lowest form of life on this planet. While I have nothing to fear from this investigator the fact that you sicked him on me speaks volumes about your character. I can't wait to return the favor. You will reap what you sowed here- that is a certainty.

Nice choice of business associates Michael.
Disgusting. I'd imagine you'd have some sort of legal recourse as it's obvious it was a false report to try and get rid of the competition....if you can call Bill competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
These people take their jobs very seriously and this is anything but a childish game. This would be akin to someone reporting that you as a pilot are flying commercial airliners under the influence. While groundless, the investigation has to run its course.
I hear you. The guy obviously has issues.
Old December 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
it was revealed that he was investigating a lead from Bill Cox a dealer in North Carolina.
What a tremendous piece of crap...I think it goes without saying that this guy better not show his face around here - pretty much ever again.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2013, 09:55 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Well I had stepped away from the discussion about this cretan but I returned after 4 days out of town for a funeral to find a business card in my door. The card belongs to the Senior Special Agent Law Enforcement Services Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. In a call this morning (keep in mind this guy has already searched my property in my absence) it was revealed that he was investigating a lead from Bill Cox a dealer in North Carolina.
Bill you truly are the lowest form of life on this planet. While I have nothing to fear from this investigator the fact that you sicked him on me speaks volumes about your character. I can't wait to return the favor. You will reap what you sowed here- that is a certainty.

What an absolute fucking coward Bill must be to have to result to these lows in order to stay afloat as a business. Honestly, he came on here spewing hate about a company (Berkshire) that we don't even suggest people do business with anyway, yet his tone led most of us to still be on the alert, as most of us don't just spew hate about other companies, even if they have wronged others in the past. It was easy to tell from the very beginning that his character did not fit in with the types of members we associate with this great forum.

For anyone who suspects that Bill's business practices may need to be looked into, Will posted some detailed public information previously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh View Post
To be clear, I do not know Mr. Cox and I am not sticking up for him on any account. I, myself, find him lacking a certain amount of decorum in this matter.

But with that being said, I also like to have the facts. It didn't make sense to me that he would be operating the claimed business here in NC without the proper documentation, especially as an licensed importer. So, I double checked the SOS NC website and found "William Eugene Cox" as the registered agent for "MONTE CARLO MINIS LIMITED INC." at "1821 SOUTH POST RD., SHELBY NC 28152". The records in the link below indicate the business to be current on all filings since 1998.

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/cor...itemId=4587367

Do with this information what you will. I myself looked up Mr. Cox's address on Google Maps. I expected it to be the business' address, but it looks like it is his home's....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1821+...ed=0CCkQ8gEwAA
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Holy shit Doug!! Well, I for one know what is next ....I got ya covered there amigo.

I think someone posted his details earlier.........wait one.
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:19 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
These people take their jobs very seriously and this is anything but a childish game. This would be akin to someone reporting that you as a pilot are flying commercial airliners under the influence. While groundless, the investigation has to run its course, and these aren't the sort of folks you want establishing a file on you, regardless.
What a loser, I mean to threaten someone's livelihood over a forum discussion is so baseless. He took it there, so there is where it will go...
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Wow!!! Just WOW!

Old December 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
So let's see now, Bill Cox has threatened me with legal action and now has attacked Doug, anybody else?
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Not happy at all about this development.

I would like to ask the moderators if an outside competitor uses the forum to attack a respected member competitor/forum member with a criminal investigation based on his prejudice and is devoid of facts, constitute an extreme violation of privacy under the D90 Source forum rules?
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
So let's see now, Bill Cox has threatened me with legal action and now has attacked Doug, anybody else?
When/why did he threaten you with legal action? Did you not give him $50 for his burger?

edit edit edit
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
no kidding - can't believe that Mike at Riversource would even assoc with this douchebag!
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Disgusting. I'd imagine you'd have some sort of legal recourse as it's obvious it was a false report to try and get rid of the competition....if you can call Bill competition.
Hope so. @ a min I can file a civil suit locally and force him to appear with defense counsel.

------ Follow up post added December 16th, 2013 10:45 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
When/why did he threaten you with legal action? Did you not give him $50 for his burger?

edit edit edit
In a pm. The guy has also been emailing me through my website.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 16th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap View Post
Not happy at all about this development.

I would like to ask the moderators if an outside competitor uses the forum to attack a respected member competitor/forum member with a criminal investigation based on his prejudice and is devoid of facts, constitute an extreme violation of privacy under the D90 Source forum rules?
X2...
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:

I told you he reminded me of our friend in Maine!
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
While I appreciate the sentiments, where were you guys when Mike Smith did the exact same thing to me 4 years ago when I was in Annapolis ? The MD MVA investigator actually handed me the email from Information@ECR he had received attempting to put me out of business. His question to me @ the time "what did you do to piss off a dealer in Maine" ? @ that point I had never spoken to or traded an email with Mike. That changed quickly.

------ Follow up post added December 16th, 2013 10:55 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
I told you he reminded me of our friend in Maine!
yep same basal morality

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
well - i wasn't on forums
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
While I appreciate the sentiments, where were you guys when Mike Smith did the exact same thing to me 4 years ago when I was in Annapolis ?
Had In known then what I know now, I'd be your right-hand-man!
Has anyone ever heard him actually speak? There's probably a good reason for that.
think of the movie The Kings Speech

Also, it seems to me that ECR no longer enjoys the same number of lemming disciples it once did, precisely for all the aforementioned reasons I suspect!

The difference in this case seems to be that one is far more conniving and calculating than the other (who seems like just an uneducated tool). You guys can figure out which one I'm referring to I'm sure.

------ Follow up post added December 16th, 2013 11:09 AM ------

I've seen instances where an individual is anonymously signed up for all sorts of sketchy memberships and publications. Just sayin!

I have a friend that works as a mid-level exec in a well-known Hollywood studio and she'd say ...."behold the power of the Group-Hate"!!!!, meaning simply don't piss off the community that exerts influence or you'll find yourself out of work, no network, no connections, nobody will take your call. You're DONE!
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
While I appreciate the sentiments, where were you guys when ...
Haha I hope that's rhetorical. The tone around here changed pretty quickly after that all went down.
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Hope so. @ a min I can file a civil suit locally and force him to appear with defense counsel.

------ Follow up post added December 16th, 2013 10:45 AM ------

In a pm. The guy has also been emailing me through my website.

Hey Doug,

I find Mr. Cox's conduct on your account reprehensible. And, given the limited interaction which you've had with Mr. Cox on this forum, let alone the fact the fact that he has no first hand knowledge of your business practices, I'd be curious to know what legal claims he made against you to the Virginia DMV?

I can tell you that it might be worth your time to peruse North Carolina General Statutes Section 20-294 regarding "Grounds for Denying, Suspending, or Revoking Licenses" for automobile dealers. In particular, you may want to see part (6), "Using unfair methods of competition or unfair deceptive acts or practices."

The North Carolina Dealer Regulations Manual contains the statute above as well as some other useful information. If it makes things easier for you, please find is a link to a copy of the manual in .pdf format below:

https://connect.ncdot.gov/business/d...n%20manual.pdf

This is not legal advice.

And with that being said, I do wish you luck in pursuing an appropriate legal remedy.

Please feel free to visit my website at:

Quote:
Willh is the F'n man! Defender of the Defenders! - Overlander
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Doug, as an aside, don't you find some irony in the fact that you moved out to "God's Country" precisely to get away from a**holes like this?

They're everywhere I'm afraid. Sad fact of life.

being "connected" through the forums and websites is good for business, but unfortunately it lets guys like this into our space.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores