So its been a while, i started a thread and exercise without thinking of a tru way forward.
truth is i have worked on this truck only when completely free and having a working driving td5 didnt help either with the speed of this build.
so basically this is what i have done:
1. stripped to chassis, cleaned and etched it and painted with stone chip gravitex. so grateful the frame was intact!
2. complete bolt and nut replacement, i think only a total of 3 bolts werent shot!
3. Took out the 3.5 and chucked in a 3.9 off a RRC MY 1993. Sounds smooth?
4. LT77 developed a leak ended up mating the auto box which has a borg warner on it. i had to cut and redo the front propshaft.
5. Sound and heat insulated the Footwells and bulkhead and will get around to the foot well too. i had this fatmat product lying around and used that and have no feedback yet althout the plan is to use hadura over that and then rubber mats.
6. While the body was off i upgraded to puma axles and stock suspension and coils, for some reason my tyres look more offset now than earlier... running 265s.
7. Roof wasnt straight had to get that sorted and now means i will have to repaint it, matter of fact ill have to repaint the whole damn car with all the scratched and nicks its developed.
8. Many many parts on this car are off a puma or brand new, i have a very interesting parts source here, was looking at circa 40 110 passenger doors brand new today...
9. hmmm what else... new timing chain for the 3.9, radiator resized and re-cored (RRC radiator)
10. bosch external fuel pump...
11. ill try think of what else
now to post some pics
------ Follow up post added November 23rd, 2016 11:01 PM ------
Originally Posted by JimC
Looks like a great project. Don't worry about lack of experience, the Land Rover teaches you to work on it!
you were and are absolutrly right! the amount of knowledge aquired is immense. may be one day ill be in the league of some of the guys on this forum