Almost Finished 94 D90 Complete Rebuild w/LS2 engine swap - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old August 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90 View Post
I've never really considered myself a 'purist', but that looks like any number of J**P projects from underneath, with a Defender Body on top. I also wonder how much front axle articulation there could actually be. It doesn't look like much room for that front drive shaft to move within that opening in the new cross member..

Not my taste, but someone put alot of work into it. In the end, I have to wonder, how better does it actually work, than a mildly modified Defender..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Yeah the room for the driveshaft looks iffy, but more importantly I don't like the fact they welded in that rear crossmember!
FYI this isnt the "let's shit on the linked truck" thread, it is the actual build thread... go back and do a little reading, there are lots of details.

I didn't build the suspension, it was done by Jordan @ Rovertym before he moved out to Montana, but IIRC from my time under this truck, there was plenty of clearance for the front shaft. That camera angle may be showing it poorly.

Also IIRC the rear chassis xmember isn't the thin factory type, its a whole new piece of pipe, and welded in for the benefit of the additional chassis strength. It's just a 500hp (oops I mean "over 400" ) hot rod truck with a part time case wearing a D90 suit. Some strength was in order.
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2014, 08:10 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Sorry, wasn't meaning to shit on his thread and should have looked back. I can remove my post if you'd like. I'd personally just prefer something bolt in so it can be altered more easily if so desired.
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:19 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Charles it wasn't you taking the poop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
90, d90, engine, rebuild