'95 Classic - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old September 21st, 2014, 06:25 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
did you get those mudflaps installed
No, there's nothing to install a mudflap to one the one side! Bodywork can wait until the transmission is swapped out. Although, due to the damage to the muffler I may have to put the Borla catback on before that. Then I will put some new tires on it too. I am thinking 245/75s.

That's good for now, it really needs some fresh oil and gas in it now. I'll do the oil/filter change and replace the oil cooler lines next, I also have all new coolant hoses, thermostat, belt, valve cover gaskets to do after the transmission/transfer case swap.
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:25 AM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
looking forward to hear you say I'm driving it!
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:14 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
After getting one NOS turn signal, I couldn't resist the urge to find another...
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
nice find although I still like the Euro set-up better
Old September 27th, 2014, 01:42 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
After last weekend's work, I wasn't feeling well, a "doctor" used some thing called a "chest x-ray" and told me I have "pneumonia".

Anyway, back to work. I need to finish the seat cover install, which led me to cleaning the rear interior, which led me to:

Old September 27th, 2014, 05:47 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry

------ Follow up post added September 27th, 2014 05:49 PM ------

That's only a little dirt.

Rearmost edge of the loadspace floor is super nice, will need a tiny bit of work on the right/passenger side...
Old September 27th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Looking very nice, always funny to watch the dominos fall!
Old September 27th, 2014, 06:19 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes I scrubbed it all. And formula 303.

The Kexby seat covers are in... but honestly, they are a big disappointment. There were some oddities to the front seats, that I think I could live with, and I was afraid there would be similar issues with the more complex rear seats. Well, the rears are worse. Way worse. There are huge inconsistencies in the construction, compared to the tight stitching on the front seat seams, everywhere on the rears looks like crap. Several places were showing threads pulling out straight out of the bag. Oh yeah, these $600 seat covers literally came in ziplock freezer bags, sans any instructions. The fit is poor, you lose the ability to stow the center armrest even before installing its cover. This creates problems folding up the rear seat. If I am being honest, none of the five armrest covers fit properly. Then there is the velco. In places where it made sense to use velcro, it rarely fits together properly. In other areas, you expect there to be more velcro fastening a lose edge or whatever... and there isn't... leaving an exposed area or a loose section of seat cover. The attachment of the rear seat bottom covers isn't even up to the "standard" set by the rest of the set.
Up front, they put elastic pockets on them, but no elastic on the seatback map pocket opening, which leaves them hanging open... and when you open the door, you notice the cover isn't even the same shape as the seat... which just looks cheap.

Maybe I just got a bad set, but for a company that supposedly makes quality stuff for Rolls Royce and Bentley fitment, I am just not seeing it here. I really really hope this is just a bad set.
Monday I'll contact them and see what happens.
Old September 27th, 2014, 06:39 PM
slangel
Staci V
2000 DII. Death by fallen tree

That's disappointing on the seat covers. Definitely KUP on the seat covers because I was thinking of getting them in a couple months for Cvc's classic.
Old September 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
i wasnt going to say anything since im generally the "hater", the kexbys on Bangs Hunter look good, the set we put in the LWB were dissappointing ill take some pictures

i really like the set i put in my defender, they have nice features but id like to have my badgers back
Old September 27th, 2014, 08:48 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry

Note that the seats won't fold all the way up anymore...
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:04 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Old September 27th, 2014, 10:37 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
thanks for posting those photos, i expected a lot more at this price point
Old September 27th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
Wow! Didn't expect to see that or read your comments. Really looks bad. Glad my OEM Waterproofs are hanging in there as those are not an acceptable alternative. Rear cargo floor looks great. How to keep it that way is always my concern.
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Joel, first of all I'm very sorry to see this -- while I know it sounds trite, this is the first I've heard from any of the dozens of sets we've sold of any problems in fit or finish, obviously this isn't acceptable. First and most importantly, I want to issue you a refund and get them back so that we can sort out what happened to the pattern. One of our shops trained a new employee and I'm afraid that they didn't test fit your set (one of the ones the new person made) to the test mule seats.

I'll reach out to you directly to coordinate.

Thanks,
Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

PM sent, Joel.

Old September 28th, 2014, 03:34 PM
LRFlip
Matt Hines
98 D1

This is disappointing...

I took a look at them in person today, and needless to say i am very turned off.

Tony, unless you plan on fixing these issues and providing some quality control for your $600 seat covers; you can cancel the color samples i requested.
Old September 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRFlip View Post
This is disappointing...

I took a look at them in person today, and needless to say i am very turned off.

Tony, unless you plan on fixing these issues and providing some quality control for your $600 seat covers; you can cancel the color samples i requested.
Matt, thanks for the feedback. We've turned off the ability to even backorder the RRC products until we can sit with the crew to understand what went wrong and how to ensure that it won't happen again. We stand behind our products. Hard stop.

When we are confident that this has been addressed, we will offer them for sale again.

Old September 28th, 2014, 10:18 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
can i send a set back for an asessesment?
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:19 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Matt, thanks for the feedback. We've turned off the ability to even backorder the RRC products until we can sit with the crew to understand what went wrong and how to ensure that it won't happen again. We stand behind our products. Hard stop.

When we are confident that this has been addressed, we will offer them for sale again.
Thanks for the prompt attention to this, and excellent customer service Tony. Refund received, will be returning the set ASAP. Sorry it didn't work out. Please let me know how it turns out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
95, classic