'95 Classic - Page 26 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old May 18th, 2015, 04:05 PM
rwollschlager
Rob Wollschlager
72 SIII 88

Registry
Is this thing moving to the UAE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2015, 04:11 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwollschlager View Post
Is this thing moving to the UAE?
No, at least not yet. A gentleman from that area contacted me about a price and I was curious about shipping quotes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150518_161101.png
Views:	62
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	121091
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:42 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Im just glad you got the mudflaps sorted out. Truck looks really good, I wish I had time to see it
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2015, 05:54 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
You got an offer no one in the states is willing to match?
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old May 18th, 2015, 06:04 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Oooooh. I'd like to hear what the offer was! It might be a new high bar for restored 95 SWB's! Wait, I'm sure it would be.

Oh, yeah! I have a question for you. You have been so meticulous about original equipment and finishes, finding all sorts of NLA new parts, that I'm curious about your ultimate desires for exhaust systems? My 95 LWB has an NRP system that I'm not married to, although the truck is rather attached to it! ;-) Let me know if you want to swap. The NRP just might be a bit more period correct and it doesn't matter to me.

Sorry about the cleanliness. Obviously, I'll need to clean it up to give you a better look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4165300000.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	121104  
Old May 18th, 2015, 09:41 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Oooooh. I'd like to hear what the offer was! It might be a new high bar for restored 95 SWB's! Wait, I'm sure it would be.

Oh, yeah! I have a question for you. You have been so meticulous about original equipment and finishes, finding all sorts of NLA new parts, that I'm curious about your ultimate desires for exhaust systems? My 95 LWB has an NRP system that I'm not married to, although the truck is rather attached to it! ;-) Let me know if you want to swap. The NRP just might be a bit more period correct and it doesn't matter to me.

Sorry about the cleanliness. Obviously, I'll need to clean it up to give you a better look.
The NRP systems are great, and I would absolutely run one on another truck, but this Borla cat-back system works well enough for me.

------ Follow up post added May 18th, 2015 09:46 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
You got an offer no one in the states is willing to match?
I'm happy to entertain any offer, from any country. For the right offer I'll even pay transport costs. But I've not got it actively listed for sale anywhere as of right now or hung a sign so to speak.
Old May 18th, 2015, 10:23 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Really nice looking SWB (I prefer the looks of the short ones vs the long ones). Great work and love the display with the LR bags!
Old May 19th, 2015, 12:05 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
The NRP systems are great, and I would absolutely run one on another truck, but this Borla cat-back system works well enough for me.
No worries! Sounds good! I personally think the Borla looks great and just wanted to offer up a swap if you needed something period correct and better than the stock system. Congrats on the excellent refurb! Beautiful truck!
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
No worries! Sounds good! I personally think the Borla looks great and just wanted to offer up a swap if you needed something period correct and better than the stock system. Congrats on the excellent refurb! Beautiful truck!
I appreciate it!

Trying to get my radio to accept it's code now... it's not cooperating.
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
I appreciate it!

Trying to get my radio to accept it's code now... it's not cooperating.
Have you tried John Monohan aka Gb4x4radios.com aka roverville radio?
Maybe he can help sort the radio issues...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:58 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post

Have you tried John Monohan aka Gb4x4radios.com aka roverville radio?
Maybe he can help sort the radio issues...

Hahaha ha

Nah that's OK
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:39 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ok using the thread for note taking here... the subwoofer gain knob works, as does the dome light switch. However the Fog lamp switch, cruise switch, and probably neither defroster switch are working.

BUT the back lighting for the cruise and heated windshield switches is working... and not the others.

No back lighting is working on the AC switch or the recirculation switch nor do they seem to be working.
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:43 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Typical of my obsessive behavior... radio inop? Tear it down.

Name:	ForumRunner_20150519_154145.png
Views:	175
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	121184

Now I'll be forced to address all associated items, PLUS whatever else I come across...
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Ok using the thread for note taking here... the subwoofer gain knob works, as does the dome light switch. However the Fog lamp switch, cruise switch, and probably neither defroster switch are working.

BUT the back lighting for the cruise and heated windshield switches is working... and not the others.

No back lighting is working on the AC switch or the recirculation switch nor do they seem to be working.
Ha! Reminds me of the old days...I've replaced so many of these switches in my RRC that I have a stash of switches that work, just need new bulbs. I checked the stash a while back and apparently somewhere along the way over 10 years ago, I found some bulbs as well...

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old May 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl626 View Post
Ha! Reminds me of the old days...I've replaced so many of these switches in my RRC that I have a stash of switches that work, just need new bulbs. I checked the stash a while back and apparently somewhere along the way over 10 years ago, I found some bulbs as well...
well the bulbs are the easy part!

I am going to start with the recirculation system. If I can get it working then I will feel a lot better...
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:26 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ok fixed the recirculation - bad switch

None of the many spare switches I had on hand were any good, so I was left with only one option- to crack the original open and have a look. The contacts were all green with corrosion. I couldn't just clean it up either, as it something else inside was broken. I realized the AC compressor switch is almost identical, so I took a spare one of those and swapped the connector part at the back, the contact plate inside, and then the front button cover. Boom custom built recirculation switch.

Another good spare compressor switch was located and swapped in, I assume that is all I needed to fix my non functioning AC, will find out soon enough.

Fog lamps - bad switch (trying to clean)
Dome lamp manual control - bad switch (think I've got this one working again)

and it looks like that is gonna be a theme here...

For bulbs I have been raiding P38 parts trucks, as most of the switches in the center of the dash on those trucks use the same bulbs. A couple of times I have a good green one but need an orange one- cut the little colored rubber cap off with a razor blade and swap it out.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:22 AM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
Knocking on wood as I write this, so far all my switches are working. Never thought I'd ask this, yet, is there switch maintenance?
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:36 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
Knocking on wood as I write this, so far all my switches are working. Never thought I'd ask this, yet, is there switch maintenance?
The switches can be opened up and cleaned if you're careful. I've got everything working now, just waiting on my new bulbs.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:57 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Love the build! Who do I have to sleep with to get an unbroken instrument bezel for my 95 county SWB?
Old May 24th, 2015, 07:17 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Love the build! Who do I have to sleep with to get an unbroken instrument bezel for my 95 county SWB?
Well, the list is long, but distinguished! Just keep your eyes out for fresh '95's at junk yards or real beaters on CL. It sounds far fetched, but it happens. I got lucky that way! Saw one on fleabay a couple months back, that was broken and in barely repairable condition, sell for almost $200! Is yours missing whole pieces or just badly cracked? Mine was unrepairable as it was missing all the plastic between the upper two screws of the cowl. But cracked beyond belief is still not without hope. This thread shows a brilliant repair! Glue, reinforcements, sanding and paint can save a great many pieces of rover plastic. (Satin black)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
95, classic