'95 Classic - Page 26 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #501  
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:05 PM
rwollschlager's Avatar
rwollschlager
Status: Offline
Rob Wollschlager
72 SIII 88
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Omaha NE / Mystic CT
Posts: 385
Registry
Is this thing moving to the UAE?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #502  
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:11 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwollschlager View Post
Is this thing moving to the UAE?
No, at least not yet. A gentleman from that area contacted me about a price and I was curious about shipping quotes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150518_161101.png
Views:	62
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	121091
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:42 PM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,523
Registry
Im just glad you got the mudflaps sorted out. Truck looks really good, I wish I had time to see it
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #504  
Old May 18th, 2015, 05:54 PM
roverguy's Avatar
roverguy
Status: Offline
Robert
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,029
Registry
You got an offer no one in the states is willing to match?
__________________
1965 IIa 88
1995 RRC 25th Anniversary
98 Discovery LE7
2000 DII (SOLD)
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old May 18th, 2015, 06:04 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Oooooh. I'd like to hear what the offer was! It might be a new high bar for restored 95 SWB's! Wait, I'm sure it would be.

Oh, yeah! I have a question for you. You have been so meticulous about original equipment and finishes, finding all sorts of NLA new parts, that I'm curious about your ultimate desires for exhaust systems? My 95 LWB has an NRP system that I'm not married to, although the truck is rather attached to it! ;-) Let me know if you want to swap. The NRP just might be a bit more period correct and it doesn't matter to me.

Sorry about the cleanliness. Obviously, I'll need to clean it up to give you a better look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4165300000.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	121104  
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old May 18th, 2015, 09:41 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Oooooh. I'd like to hear what the offer was! It might be a new high bar for restored 95 SWB's! Wait, I'm sure it would be.

Oh, yeah! I have a question for you. You have been so meticulous about original equipment and finishes, finding all sorts of NLA new parts, that I'm curious about your ultimate desires for exhaust systems? My 95 LWB has an NRP system that I'm not married to, although the truck is rather attached to it! ;-) Let me know if you want to swap. The NRP just might be a bit more period correct and it doesn't matter to me.

Sorry about the cleanliness. Obviously, I'll need to clean it up to give you a better look.
The NRP systems are great, and I would absolutely run one on another truck, but this Borla cat-back system works well enough for me.

------ Follow up post added May 18th, 2015 09:46 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
You got an offer no one in the states is willing to match?
I'm happy to entertain any offer, from any country. For the right offer I'll even pay transport costs. But I've not got it actively listed for sale anywhere as of right now or hung a sign so to speak.
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old May 18th, 2015, 10:23 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Offline
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,271
Registry
Really nice looking SWB (I prefer the looks of the short ones vs the long ones). Great work and love the display with the LR bags!
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old May 19th, 2015, 12:05 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
The NRP systems are great, and I would absolutely run one on another truck, but this Borla cat-back system works well enough for me.
No worries! Sounds good! I personally think the Borla looks great and just wanted to offer up a swap if you needed something period correct and better than the stock system. Congrats on the excellent refurb! Beautiful truck!
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
No worries! Sounds good! I personally think the Borla looks great and just wanted to offer up a swap if you needed something period correct and better than the stock system. Congrats on the excellent refurb! Beautiful truck!
I appreciate it!


Trying to get my radio to accept it's code now... it's not cooperating.
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,290
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
I appreciate it!


Trying to get my radio to accept it's code now... it's not cooperating.
Have you tried John Monohan aka Gb4x4radios.com aka roverville radio?
Maybe he can help sort the radio issues...


.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:58 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post

Have you tried John Monohan aka Gb4x4radios.com aka roverville radio?
Maybe he can help sort the radio issues...

.
Hahaha ha

Nah that's OK
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:39 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Ok using the thread for note taking here... the subwoofer gain knob works, as does the dome light switch. However the Fog lamp switch, cruise switch, and probably neither defroster switch are working.

BUT the back lighting for the cruise and heated windshield switches is working... and not the others.

No back lighting is working on the AC switch or the recirculation switch nor do they seem to be working.
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:43 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Typical of my obsessive behavior... radio inop? Tear it down.



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150519_154145.png
Views:	175
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	121184


Now I'll be forced to address all associated items, PLUS whatever else I come across...
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM
pl626's Avatar
pl626
Status: Offline
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: McLean, VA, USA
Posts: 536
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
Ok using the thread for note taking here... the subwoofer gain knob works, as does the dome light switch. However the Fog lamp switch, cruise switch, and probably neither defroster switch are working.

BUT the back lighting for the cruise and heated windshield switches is working... and not the others.

No back lighting is working on the AC switch or the recirculation switch nor do they seem to be working.
Ha! Reminds me of the old days...I've replaced so many of these switches in my RRC that I have a stash of switches that work, just need new bulbs. I checked the stash a while back and apparently somewhere along the way over 10 years ago, I found some bulbs as well...
__________________
Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old May 20th, 2015, 09:11 AM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl626 View Post
Ha! Reminds me of the old days...I've replaced so many of these switches in my RRC that I have a stash of switches that work, just need new bulbs. I checked the stash a while back and apparently somewhere along the way over 10 years ago, I found some bulbs as well...
well the bulbs are the easy part!


I am going to start with the recirculation system. If I can get it working then I will feel a lot better...
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old May 20th, 2015, 02:26 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Ok fixed the recirculation - bad switch

None of the many spare switches I had on hand were any good, so I was left with only one option- to crack the original open and have a look. The contacts were all green with corrosion. I couldn't just clean it up either, as it something else inside was broken. I realized the AC compressor switch is almost identical, so I took a spare one of those and swapped the connector part at the back, the contact plate inside, and then the front button cover. Boom custom built recirculation switch.

Another good spare compressor switch was located and swapped in, I assume that is all I needed to fix my non functioning AC, will find out soon enough.


Fog lamps - bad switch (trying to clean)
Dome lamp manual control - bad switch (think I've got this one working again)

and it looks like that is gonna be a theme here...


For bulbs I have been raiding P38 parts trucks, as most of the switches in the center of the dash on those trucks use the same bulbs. A couple of times I have a good green one but need an orange one- cut the little colored rubber cap off with a razor blade and swap it out.
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:22 AM
Blueboy's Avatar
Blueboy
Status: Offline
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Rockwood, PA
Posts: 164
Registry
Knocking on wood as I write this, so far all my switches are working. Never thought I'd ask this, yet, is there switch maintenance?
__________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Mr. T. Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:36 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
Knocking on wood as I write this, so far all my switches are working. Never thought I'd ask this, yet, is there switch maintenance?
The switches can be opened up and cleaned if you're careful. I've got everything working now, just waiting on my new bulbs.
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:57 PM
Greenbull's Avatar
Greenbull
Status: Offline
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,043
Registry
Love the build! Who do I have to sleep with to get an unbroken instrument bezel for my 95 county SWB?
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old May 24th, 2015, 07:17 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,864
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Love the build! Who do I have to sleep with to get an unbroken instrument bezel for my 95 county SWB?
Well, the list is long, but distinguished! Just keep your eyes out for fresh '95's at junk yards or real beaters on CL. It sounds far fetched, but it happens. I got lucky that way! Saw one on fleabay a couple months back, that was broken and in barely repairable condition, sell for almost $200! Is yours missing whole pieces or just badly cracked? Mine was unrepairable as it was missing all the plastic between the upper two screws of the cowl. But cracked beyond belief is still not without hope. This thread shows a brilliant repair! Glue, reinforcements, sanding and paint can save a great many pieces of rover plastic. (Satin black)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
95, classic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wife wants a Range Rover Classic SWB mdmccallum Defender Technical Discussions 13 February 14th, 2005 03:48 PM
Range Rover Classic Front Lamp Guards NashvilleRedD90 For Sale - Parts 0 January 16th, 2005 03:16 PM
Need to sell fast...Well Equiped Range Rover Classic RedRhinoProducts For Sale - Vehicles 0 November 20th, 2004 02:21 PM
Sweet classic BMW , partial trade for ST outwest For Sale - Vehicles 1 October 9th, 2004 07:12 PM
'92 Range Rover Classic Workhorse RedRhinoProducts For Sale - Vehicles 2 September 27th, 2004 06:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Copyright