Hi everyone. Thought you might enjoy following along on the refurb of my 1991 200TDI D110. This is no frame-off restoration. Just updating and upgrading a beautiful truck that is in good shape with around 85,000 miles on it. I'm doing it the easy way (having someone else do the work) but don't judge! This truck is being worked on in the UK. Truck is being prepped for a paint now. It took me quite some time to research what I wanted and to put this spec list together so hopefully it can help someone else figure out what they want (or don't want) to do for their project. The refurb includes the following:
- New paint
- Roof in Chawton White. Body Color in Keswick
- Wheel Arches
- To be painted to match body color
- Engine & Transmission
- New CAM belt, front oil seals and swivels, transfer output seals and differential seals replaced. Full service and tune.
- Air Conditioning
- New CoolAir Logan front AC unit being installed
: Full interior to be lined with high quality acoustic carpet. Rear cargo area acoustic mat (Product # EXT009-1). Front Exmoor mats Product Number EXT017-2. Middle row diamond mats – Product number EXT017-3.
- Sound Deadening
: 2 layer sound deadening to be done in the floor, headliner, transmission tunnel, seat boxes, door
- Suspension Upgraded
: Terra Firma suspension (Shocks only). Springs will be removed and inspected for sagging and replaced if needed
- Front Seats
- Grey Leather. 2 Exmoor Defender Seats Parts numbers EXT303 & EXT304
Center Console Leather trimmed to match seats
- 2nd Row Seats
- Grey Leather. 2 Classic high back seats and 1 low back seats in the middle. 2 x Exmoor products EXT350. 1 x EXT351
- Loading Area Seats
- 2 Tip up seats in leather to be installed on one side. Other side to be left open with only carpet
- New standard grill
- Skid Plate
- Diamond Plating
- (Black) on wing tops, sill strips, low rear corners
- NAS Rear Bumper
- Powder coated in Black.
- Rear Tire Swing
- Mantec rear door swing powder coated in Black
- Wheels & Tires
- Wolf Steel HD Wheels painted in Chawton White with 235/85/16 BF Goodrich TA K/O2 Tires.
- New LED lights in front, side and rear of truck. To be installed in original OEM lens colors.
- Any rust found will be fixed and door replaced if needed. Door locks, hardware, hinges and hinge gaskets to be replaced with new. Stainless steel bolt kit. Door hinges to be repainted to match the body
- New drop glass seals and screen. New front windscreen. Rear windows to be tinted at 35% and front windows at 50%
- Side Steps
- Replaced with New 4 standard step up.
- New Mud Flaps
- Keep the classic “Defender” that is over the grill and replace with new/clean badge (and re-paint under it). On Rear, put a metal badge like this one. Falon Nameplates - Land Rover Plates shop.
on the rear right side
- Existing headliner retrimmed
- Rear Work Light
- New LED work light with controls on/near dash.
I welcome any comments, critiques, or suggestions. The truck is being painted now and should be completed by late July at which time it will be put on a boat for RoRo delivery to the USofA.