Originally Posted by kurtisblo
- Warning lights - I'm being told that the early 200TDIs (mine is a 1991) don't have a hand brake light. Accurate?
- Fuel Gauge & Low Fuel Light - i actually ran out of gas at around 1/4 tank. No warning light came on. I'm being told that there are only two wires. One for ground and one for the gauge so no warning light. Is this accurate?
- Speedometer - mine jumps around like crazy on smooth freeway. is that normal?
- Cigarette Lighter doesn't work so will replace. I assume this is pretty easy
- Turn signal doesn't stay when turning right so needs to be replaced
- Rear Wiper - what are people's opinion on rear wipers? I got a new rear door with a tire arm. They did not install a wiper on the new door. Is it worth installing and drilling a hole in the door, etc?
Truck looks great.
1. Correct no warning light for hand brake
2. There is a low fuel module taped behind the dash on your truck fed off the gauge wire. I gave up on mine and pulled the low fuel bulb. Wouldn't surprise me if your PO did as well.
3. Mine jumped a bit too. Make sure the speedo cable is tight on the transfer case where it attaches. If you crawl under you will see a nut on a stud that holds it in. Mine was bouncy a bit, switched to electrical speedo. Smooth now.
4. Check fuse
5. I would go without it if I didn't have it.