1993 Camel Trophy Disco - Page 7 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old June 21st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
GLWTS hopefully it ends up in good hands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2014, 08:47 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Indeed! I hope the next person will treat it even better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Range Rover Classic(Daily)

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 21st, 2014, 09:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohelluride View Post
I will be posting it on ebay. I will have a reserve set close to the highest I've been (Privately) offered.
Good luck. I'm sure you must know, but the reserve is usually for the least amount of money you'll accept during an auction. If the lowest you'll accept is also the highest you've ever been offered privately (from what I understand from your post) then so be it, just wanted to make sure.
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2014, 11:43 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

I understand the reserve. There are too many people trying to out bid each other through messaging, etc....so I'm gonna let the auction do it for me. The reserve is a zero risk action IMO, so I don't get royally screwed. I'm letting those people who have offered me this price, in on the action too. They will know about the auction and bid as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:07 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Up for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271530751321...84.m1555.l2649

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:10 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohelluride View Post
Wait, so there's no title for the vehicle? And it can't be registered?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old June 24th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

There is no title, as it was sold as offroad use only from Land Rover of North America. But in some states you can register it as a special vehicle to drive on the road.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 24th, 2014, 04:05 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Fwiw you could Bring it to ri to get it registered (cars 15 plus only need bill of sale)
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:46 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Gonna read the whole article but there has been some issues brought up as to the validity of this vehicle being sold without the original owners knowledge or consent... Doing what I can to get the real info on it at the moment... Will be interesting.. Looks like it may be considered stolen with forged documents,..
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Gonna read the whole article but there has been some issues brought up as to the validity of this vehicle being sold without the original owners knowledge or consent... Doing what I can to get the real info on it at the moment... Will be interesting.. Looks like it may be considered stolen with forged documents,..
It's a pretty long, fun read. I think it came down to falling under the abandonment law and the original owner lost.
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:53 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
On BaT in this morning's email: http://bringatrailer.com/2014/06/24/...ver-discovery/
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:58 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...4&postcount=70

Here is the post where the issue was discussed and sounds like resolved.
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
Fwiw you could Bring it to ri to get it registered (cars 15 plus only need bill of sale)
Yep-getting it on the road is a non-issue.
Love to have it but not an expense I can swallow @ present.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 25th, 2014, 04:49 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Guy knew that the original owner (I believe one of the camel trophy drivers from 1990?) didn't consent to the sale of it, so the guy just lawyered up and screwed him out of it.. It wasn't resolved... He just had a better lawyer..and I am sure Webb would have a different side of the story... I have seen the accounts from Webbs side and they tell a different story... Bottom line is that the guy knew Webb didn't know or want to sell it...he just got screwed by 2 people... It will be interesting when the Feds find this illegally here vehicle... And the pics of it being driven on public roads.... If this one gets registered it will open the doors for all the rest to be registered also... I hope he does..let the floodgates open....
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:14 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Not sure about other states but here in Colorado if you leave something in storage and do not pay then the item becomes property of the person storing it. Same thing with unpaid bills for repairs on a car that the customer never comes back to pay and get their car.

I am sure there are two sides to the story but it has been through the court system and they have ruled. Sucks for the old owner but it is what it is at this point.
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Guy knew that the original owner (I believe one of the camel trophy drivers from 1990?) didn't consent to the sale of it, so the guy just lawyered up and screwed him out of it.. It wasn't resolved... He just had a better lawyer..and I am sure Webb would have a different side of the story... I have seen the accounts from Webbs side and they tell a different story... Bottom line is that the guy knew Webb didn't know or want to sell it...he just got screwed by 2 people... It will be interesting when the Feds find this illegally here vehicle... And the pics of it being driven on public roads.... If this one gets registered it will open the doors for all the rest to be registered also... I hope he does..let the floodgates open....
WOW.....not only have i been honest about this whole ordeal, but people still gotta hate. I have never even met Webb till the lawsuit of him trying to sue me. When I bought the vehicle from Bob, all the paperwork was in order. When I purchased it, I kinda thought it was a fake.

And the public road I drove on, allows off-road vehicles and farm vehicles with proper state Offroad registration. Which I have. Also, the vehicle was legally imported into the USA by Land Rover of North America. You are Just trying to scare people off. Take your slander elsewhere.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Its usually referred to as a mechanics lien.

If you want to point fingers about who screwed who, I would point first to the (ex) Sister-in-law and Brother (Charlie), then to the guy that put it on Craigslist (Bob). If anything the OP was also screwed as he had to lawyer up to keep what he bought.

-Jeff

Hallelujah !

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
OP bought a sweet truck on craigslist, that is literally all he knew going into this.

Turned out to be quite the profitable decision
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Just pointing out the facts...if it was here legally it would be able to be titled.. There are many reasons a vehicle can be here... Rovers north has some nearly brand new defenders here... For exhibition demonstration purposes only... I can bring a 2005 defender 130 here into the USA any time I want for a year under the guise of doing work to it and ship it back out...and renew that for another year 2 more times.. But I have to have it shipped out of the country or forfeit my bond.. It's here... Doesn't mean I can sell it or register it... And I am sure the camel was here under exhibit rules also... And THATS why it doesn't have a title... And that's why on your BAT ad you say that it could only be used on private property... I have read up on the Colorado laws and I am sure it was not followed to the new 2009 changes.. But that's not my call... Point is,.. You knew the owner of the vehicle wasn't aware of it being sold and you just lawyered up to give you the upper hand... And as far as I know since Webb was given permission by his brother to store the vehicle on his property it was not abandoned at a storage facility.. And here in the state of Florida the registered owner has to be the one signing a repair order authorizing the repairs at any repair facility... Otherwise the repair shop is shit out of luck... Webb made 2 fatal mistake... 1st in not getting a lawyer right from the get go.. And 2nd.. Thinking that there is any morality left in this world..and a man is judged by his actions... Not his conquests...and you knew that Webb was the correct owner and that you didn't buy it from him.. Because in your own stories you mention how you were trying to get a hold of him... And of course he tried to sue you... You bought his car from someone else without his consent.. Duh.... I've read your stories as well... I don't know Webb either... I just know how I would feel if someone tried to steal one of my camels from me... Especially purely for monetary gain... He was a camel trophy driver for gods sake... Have some respect and balls...I'm glad you're selling it... We don't need someone like you in these hallowed halls of camel trophy owners... I just hope the new owner knows what he may have to deal with and that he shows more respect for this group than he does for monetary gain... And if the glove doesn't fit... You must acquit....doesn't mean he didn't do it...

------ Follow up post added June 25th, 2014 07:04 PM ------

And I agree, Webb should be starting a civil suit against his brother and subsequently the guy who sold it...getting a really good lawyer, having the whole thing held up pending litigation and going after the whole lot, have it overturned and rightful ownership reverting to original owner, and getting a judgement against them for attorney's fees...if I was Webb I would be calling in any favors I could get from land rover, I would be really surprised if it was even allowed to be released to the public.. My camel had to be de-commissioned and the frame destroyed... ..personally I'd be buying a disposable baseball bat...
Old June 25th, 2014, 07:18 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

" My camel had to be de-commissioned and the frame destroyed... ..personally I'd be buying a disposable baseball bat.."

Can you elaborate on this statement Shane ?

" And I am sure the camel was here under exhibit rules also... And THATS why it doesn't have a title... "

Are there any records that show it was here under exhibit rules? The VIN # should have a record of that.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
disco