1993 Camel Trophy Disco - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old June 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Okay I measured a 1982 2 door RRC at 25.5 at the side/height. From middle of finisher to middle/

I measured a 1988, a 1990 and a 1991 RRC's at 25.75 at the side/.height From middle of finisher to middle.

Is this what your early Disco seems to need? Maybe I have a glass number on one of my gray market RRC's

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy View Post
Okay I measured a 1982 2 door RRC at 25.5 at the side/height. From middle of finisher to middle/

I measured a 1988, a 1990 and a 1991 RRC's at 25.75 at the side/.height From middle of finisher to middle.

Is this what your early Disco seems to need? Maybe I have a glass number on one of my gray market RRC's
Thanks for taking the time to measure that for me.

I measured the disco glass I bought = 25.5

My 1991 RRC = 25.75ish

I measured just to the lip of the tabs on the frame, on the CT = 27

So I'm thinking it is a bigger windshield like the guy from the camel trophy site said...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Range Rover Classic(Daily)

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Yeah I did not go back to the post where you stated your measurements, but it sounds like the RRC are not the answer.

For a stab in the dark I measured a Disco II and it does seem to have the height you are looking for. The finishers were on the truck I measured so not sure about the estimate, but it seemed to be 27"

If you have a part number can the Roaring fork LR dealer bring one in for you?

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Like I said, one phone call would settle this quickly.
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Wow. I am surprised and educated. Thanks

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Can we get an update on this?
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
He's having a really good time with it I believe, his thread is longer on expedition portal.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-Trophy-200TDI
Old November 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

All is well! Sorry for lack of contact, been working overtime at work.......hold'in down the fort.

Here are some pictures/story from over at EXPO. Enjoy!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/land...won-t-die.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Research has led me to a gentleman, Jim Allen, who has photos of my winning truck in Malaysia and white water Co(training ground for the USA team). I dug mud from everywhere inside this truck.....now I know why... *more to come!

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

So, here is an update! With this situation, I have been keeping it secret. I didn't want to stir up anything whilst dealing with it. Enjoy!

Originally, when I bought the car, i thought it was a fake. But with the diesel, I thought....heck...why not.... Once I found out it was rare, I started to search for missing parts. I had a friend who knew Tom Collins and got me in contact. After I talked to Tom, I received Webber Arnold's(1991 camel trophy driver?) number. Webb was the first owner, after the truck was damaged. I have some paperwork that came with the truck and his name is on the first bill of sale from Land Rover of North America. So, I decided to give him a call. No answer. I left a message saying the truck was broke and was looking for missing parts. Soon after, he called me and said: "Oh, it's running and working? It's stolen!" Which I responded with, Bullsh*t. Then he called a Mesa County sheriff and told the sheriff his side, only. The sheriff called and said that I might have a stolen vehicle. I said how could it be stolen, if I have paperwork(bill of sales leading up to me)? Which the sheriff responded, " Oh, there is paperwork? Webb didn't tell me that. Fax it over." Then the sheriff calls back and said" well I found Bob(the guy who sold it to me) and he said he knew about the paperwork, except the bill of sale to you. That makes this a forgery and you are a bonafide purchaser, we will tow the vehicle and you will be compensated. We are going to tow the vehicle." Then, out of nowhere, San Miguel County shows up, getting ready to tow the vehicle. I Called my lawyer immiadiatly, and we threatened to sue San Miguel County and Mesa County for not going through "Due Process". They backed off and would allow it to go through the court system, and the sheriff dropped his case. Then Webb filed a civil suit against me for possession of the truck. Webb screws up the paperwork,multiple times(saying I lived in Mesa county, etc), doesn't get a lawyer, and tries to serve me a week before a court date in grand junction(which we get it moved telluride, soon after). With the extra time, We decided to get the sheriffs report and check out his investigation. We read the entire thing from start to finish, and found out hthe sheriff dropped the case, not because of us threatening to sue, but because he found some interesting info out. Webb gave the land rover to his brother(Charlie) in 2009ish(all the documentation, keys, etc), who kept it on his property. Soon after, Charlie's marriage goes to **** and his wife wants the truck off the property.....Charlie then tries to joint sell it with Bob to a guy in Alaska, but the sale falls through and the truck is parked on Bob's property for over a year, without contact or payment, making it abandoned. Bob had the right to sell it and the fault was with Charlie. We finally make it to a preliminary hearing. Webb verifies my documentation, except the bill of sell from Webb to Bob. Webb doesn't bring a lawyer(tries to make his wife the power of attorney, so he doesn't have to pay a lawyer and get help from her?.....which is not how that works...) and pisses off the judge right away, who normally sides with people who feel wronged. I win the preliminary by a land slide and the land rover was ordered the stay in my possession. The judge orders a mandatory mediation. So we let Webb chooses a Mediator, and we head to montrose. Both pay the fee, sit in separate rooms, and the mediator does his job. Webb tries some bargaining, still without a lawyer, and We decline, giving him the option of dropping the case or going to court and his almost guaranteed loss, having to pay my attorney fees in full. After a couple hours, the mediator convinces him that he will not win and to back off. He signs the paper work and the truck is STILL legally mine, but now with added bonus of it being mine in the "eyes" of Colorado. Either way It was a honor to meet Mr Arnold! I was also honored for Mr. Arnold to meet my lawyer.

Lesson of the day, lady's and gents, is to get a lawyer if you need one(you get what you pay for, especially when choosing a lawyer) and if you wanna tango with me, let's tango....cause I don't f*ck around.

Hope the read was not too long.

Ps: I'm not here to slander anyone's name. I am just telling my story, with facts from the Mesa County Sheriff's reports and my lawsuit information/outcome.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
Wow, what a cluster. Glad it all worked out for you in the end
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:48 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Wow! That's a story that almost matches the adventures this truck took while it was on CT trips!

Glad it all panned out well in the end.
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:59 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howski View Post
Wow, what a cluster. Glad it all worked out for you in the end
Sort of matches what is going on with an Isuzu diesel on the east coast.

Tohelluride, I'll be out there the week of the 4th. Would like to check out this piece of history or met up for a beer -- or both!
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
A person who acts as their own attorney has a fool for a client.

Glad this all sorted out for you.

One of my favorite sayings "if it is a fight you want, you have come to the right place."

I hope I get to see your truck in person someone day.
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohelluride View Post
Then the sheriff calls back and said" well I found Bob(the guy who sold it to me) and he said he knew about the paperwork, except the bill of sale to you.
Why wouldn't Bob, the guy who sold the truck to you, know about the bill of sale to you?
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

That was strange to me.....as well......might have been a typo on the sheriffs end or who knows, the guy was a old miner who mumbled a lot. Either way, I saw him sign it and so did my girlfriend. His story did change in the report though. I think he lawyered up, when he was accused for forgery and the lawyer might have pointed out it being abandoned, to cover his *ss.

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:58 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Well played!!
As I told you, Arnold had contacted me, to which I had no reply. From his correspondence to me, I kinda felt it would end like this. Chalk one up for the good guys!!

Old March 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Tohelluride
Mr. BBQ
1991 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Well played!!
As I told you, Arnold had contacted me, to which I had no reply. From his correspondence to me, I kinda felt it would end like this. Chalk one up for the good guys!!
Yeah, he seemed rude and demanding....but, I take everything with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Any updated pics of the truck? Did you get the windows replaced?

-Jeff
Well, I couldn't move the truck or drive it, till recent. On top of that, if he won the truck(if he brought up some crazy new evidence or something)....I didn't want to "fix" it up for him and me get screwed trying to get money out of Bob. That being said, the Lexan Mr-10 I fitted in there is working excellent and the truck is 99% water tight. After measuring and doing research, the passenger pillar was welded after being bent. The current welded pillar, will not allow a new piece of glass to be fitted until the frame is slightly straighten......just a inch off or so. That is the worst of the damage, but with the proper machinery, can be fixed. I spent my fixing funds for the lawyer, but I'm building them back up. So we will see.

The last time I drove it was soon after this day, on Imogene pass.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/land...won-t-die.html

94 Mazda RX-7 (Project)
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
You're gonna be sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere soon with some friends around, and that tale will be a good one that just adds to the epic story of this Rover!

Couple things
1- only in a Land Rover will the market value go up after it's been flooded
2- you need to add a "get lost" sticker right above that Malaysia Airlines sticker. See how long it takes people to notice.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:19 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Did Webber end up having any extra parts?
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
disco