1993 Camel Trophy Disco - Page 16 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2014, 04:53 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

There's no question about whether a D1 COULD run a plow. The question was whether a Camel Trophy winning truck SHOULD run a snow plow? I say NO. The Declaration of Independence COULD be used as kindling, but I think most would say it SHOULD not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
There's no question about whether a D1 COULD run a plow. The question was whether a Camel Trophy winning truck SHOULD run a snow plow? I say NO. The Declaration of Independence COULD be used as kindling, but I think most would say it SHOULD not.
That is awesome ^
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old June 29th, 2014, 08:11 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
This^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
That is a bit of an extreme analogy, but I agree.
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Brett hit the nail on the head. CT trucks are not "normal" land rovers, and while they absolutely can be used for something, doesn't necessarily mean they should. Again to point out- this is at the discretion of the owner, and absolutely has no bearing on whether the person should be able to keep the truck. If I owned something of value, monetary or emotional, I'd want to see it/experience it often.

Again, not saying he shouldn't do that with the truck, it is/was his.

On the other side, I would hate to see camel trophy trucks in a museum, that's very low on the places they belong. They should be cared for and driven, on or off road.
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
tmodler
Charles
oil burner

This is my truck, LRNA never had it to sell. I stole if fair and square one night in the Amazon jungle.

C.
Old June 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
All this talk about museums. Next thing you know there will be top men working on it... Top men.
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:06 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post

That is awesome ^
This bit of reasoning is the quintessential reason why Land Rover North America wants to distance itself from anything even remotely related to driving off road or, plowing snow for that matter. You sehe typical American Land Rover owner is in it for all the wrong reasons. I for one love the fact that Webb was putting this truck, that he had been paid to abuse for the better part of a decade, to good use. But maybe that
's just me. As for me and my camel, you can take your pop cultural icons and part them permanently in your garage, the sprit of exploration lives on for us.

Still can't find a reason to love your Rover, aside from the buddies you make while pumping gas, well try to keep up with guys like Shayne and I and maybe, just maybe, you will learn what owning a Land Rover and putting it to good use is all about.

Some people long for something in their lives that will never exist and parting a marvelous machine in there garage is the closet they will ever get.
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:16 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Now you are really spouting some bs. Do you actually know someone at LR who has told you this or are you just making stuff up?

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
This bit of reasoning is the quintessential reason why Land Rover North America wants to distance itself from anything even remotely related to driving off road or, plowing snow for that matter. You sehe typical American Land Rover owner is in it for all the wrong reasons. I for one love the fact that Webb was putting this truck, that he had been paid to abuse for the better part of a decade, to good use. But maybe that
's just me. As for me and my camel, you can take your pop cultural icons and part them permanently in your garage, the sprit of exploration lives on for us.

Still can't find a reason to love your Rover, aside from the buddies you make while pumping gas, well try to keep up with guys like Shayne and I and maybe, just maybe, you will learn what owning a Land Rover and putting it to good use is all about.

Some people long for something in their lives that will never exist and parting a marvelous machine in there garage is the closet they will ever get.
Really? What are you trying to say? If you can't say it clearly then don't say it at all.

I will elaborate...what you wrote above is BULLSHIT of the highest order. See - easy!
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:47 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:

Barely remember writing that. It was the booze talking. I believe some of it but you're right, the rest is total BS! No offense.

I meant to post this picture with it.

My head hurts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2572648537.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	97820
Old June 30th, 2014, 08:04 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Haha I was going to say Matt posted that at 2:06 AM haha.
Old June 30th, 2014, 08:07 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Is it sad that Matt is drunk-texting D90 at 2 in the morning?

1968 2A 88

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:11 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Is it sad that Matt is drunk-texting D90 at 2 in the morning?
Let's just hope he was not also putting one of his Land Rovers to good use at the time.
Old June 30th, 2014, 08:43 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

Since this was directed specifically at me and my comment...

Well turns out you are a bigger dipshit than someone else I know on here. Make friends while pumping gas? Polishing it in the garage? That's why I have my truck? Ask around. I use my truck probably more than most for wheeling. As far as "keeping up with guys like you"...no thanks. Guys like you that spew forth holier-than-thou comments such as these usually own Jeeps. I suggest you sell your shit & go buy one, then you guys can slap each other on the back around the campfire while wearing spotless khaki shorts & button-ups.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post

Let's just hope he was not also putting one of his Land Rovers to good use at the time.
We're tied up at Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. Rode hubways to North End. Gets a little blurry after that. Ah! Just remembered seeing an NAS 110 last night at Purchase and High St around 6:30. Anybody?
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:12 AM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post

Since this was directed specifically at me and my comment...

Well turns out you are a bigger dipshit than someone else I know on here. Make friends while pumping gas? Polishing it in the garage? That's why I have my truck? Ask around, asshole. I use my truck probably more than most for wheeling. As far as "keeping up with guys like you"...no thanks. Guys like you that spew forth holier-than-thou comments such as these usually own Jeeps. I suggest you sell your shit & go buy one, then you guys can slap each other on the back around the campfire while wearing khaki shorts & button-ups.
Who are you?

No. It was not directed at you. I meant to quote what you were commenting on. For that, I apologize.

Did you know everyone subscribed to this conversation gets an email with a copy of your original pre edited post? For that, go fuck yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1629429341.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	97837
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:25 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
For that, go fuck yourself.
Hey none of that Lawyer talk around here. We run a clean shop.

1968 2A 88

Old June 30th, 2014, 09:29 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Who are you?

No. It was not directed at you. I meant to quote what you were commenting on. For that, I apologize.

Did you know everyone subscribed to this conversation gets an email with a copy of your original pre edited post? For that, go fuck yourself.

Attachment 97837
Nice fucking button-up shirt in that "extreme Camel photo" you posted to exhibit to everyone how hardcore you are. You really are a complete asshole....through and through. DEFINITELY Jeep material.

Hope you get this original one via email too!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old June 30th, 2014, 09:30 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Thread is now closed.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
disco