1993 Camel Trophy Disco - Page 13 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Closed Thread

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Webb never gave a shit about it. He dumped it.
The Court decided that title correctly passed under Colorado law from seller to its current owner.
Webb and Shayne need to grow up, stop crying like little girls and forget about it.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:31 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Sorry... I'm not gonna forget about it... I am sure the courts ruling was passed based on the information it received.. It now appears that information was totally false and new evidence has come to light verifying that... And he didn't dump it... He parked it...
Old June 27th, 2014, 01:32 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
If it were not for this thread a lot of this new evidence would not have come to lit... With these Facebook posts etc it shows intent and that tohellurides perjured himself under oath if he stated that it was worth no more than a regular d1... This is now public information which shows that he knew its true value before testify under oath... Shows intent to defraud...
Hardly evidence you are reaching a bit, I have not seen any evidence at all just speculation and drawn conclusions.

As far as the facebook posts and other information I guess it all depends on the intent it is read with by the individual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2014, 01:36 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
This may be a repost..

http://brenton-corns.squarespace.com...3-usa-ct-truck

The Saga of Webb Arnold and the 1993 USA CT Truck

February 20, 2014

Webb Arnold, team mate with Bill Burke in the 1991 Tanzania-Burundi Camel Trophy, has been the proper owner of the 1993 USA CT truck for many many years. The 1993 Camel Trophy is rather special because it was the only year the US had the winning team (Tim Hensley and Michael Hussey). Due to some bad timing and luck, the truck wound up in the hands of a rather unscrupulous person. While The Great Adventure was with Webb in late 2013, he contacted me about helping him get the truck back into his possession. This is his account of the truck's history and how it left his possession. The only change to Webb's account is the replacement of the current "owner's" name with Unscrupulous Person, since this case is still being decided in the courts.

Here is the story; Land Rover sold me the 1993 CT Discovery as a thank you for training the US teams for all of those years. Yes, it was in bad shape as it actually blew over on I-70 on the way to the New York Auto Show. I didn't have the funds to repair the body to new, but cared for it's mechanical needs. We used it for years as a snow plow and for training Camel Trophy Teams.

I had the CT Discovery at my brother's farm as he was using it to pull a small disk plow in his horse arena. I didn't need it, as I was building a house at the time. A friend of his asked to borrow it, to use at a local mud bog. My brother allowed this, in exchange for the repair of the ignition switch. Unannounced to me, it sat at this guys place for months.

Without permission from myself or my brother, this now ex-friend of my brothers sold the CT discovery on Craig's list. Unscrupulous Person was at the guys place within 12 hours of it appearing for sale, because he knew what a deal it was for a special vehicle. Unscrupulous Person did in fact purchase the CT Discovery from ex-friend. At this point Unscrupulous Person was a victim. Unscrupulous Person then forged a bill of sale from me to the ex-friend, which was dated 2006, even before we had loaned my brother the discovery! Unscrupulous Person was informed by a Mesa County Sheriff deputy and myself that the vehicle was in fact stolen, to which he replied, "Tough luck, it is mine now."

Unscrupulous Person's forgery and then perjury on the stand this last week, verified that he was no longer a victim. He stated under oath that a Camel Trophy Discovery was worth no more than a "dime a dozen Discovery." I certainly no longer consider him a victim.

I am just trying to recover my Camel car... My son, that was involved growing up very involved in the Team training every year wanted it to stay in the family.

One thing that might help is, a real world +- value of a The Camel Trophy Discovery the winning car for the 1993 Camel Trophy. This is so rare a car that worth is very hard to determine. The guys with in Land Rover Club's are the only people that would have an idea of its value.

Thank You for Your help,

Webb Arnold
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:02 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Sorry... I'm not gonna forget about it... I am sure the courts ruling was passed based on the information it received.. It now appears that information was totally false and new evidence has come to light verifying that... And he didn't dump it... He parked it...
Haha! That reminds me of Stripes, "we're not parking it, we're abandoning it"
http://youtu.be/xR9HuRUUTbs?t=26s
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
Hardly evidence you are reaching a bit, I have not seen any evidence at all just speculation and drawn conclusions.

As far as the facebook posts and other information I guess it all depends on the intent it is read with by the individual.
If he stood up in a court of law under oath and stated that its worth no more than a regular disco 1... When in actual fact by his postings on Facebook this is not what he believes then yes... It's perjury and this Facebook posts prove that...if there isn't a shitload of new evidence I don't know what is,.. And it can't be Inadmissible as the police catch criminals through evidence on Facebook all the time....
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

So why wasn't it contested then? Webb had to opportunity to fight this, right? Everything you guy's are dragging up was on FB before the trial, right?

Not sure, and maybe someone who is in the know can confirm this, wouldn't the 5th amendment come into play here as to whether or not any of this is so called "new" evidence can be used to appeal the case.

So called "new" as it was not used during the original court case...
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:43 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I would hazard a guess and say that Webb would not have been privy to this guys Facebook account at the time of the court hearing..and I would also say that he was probably blindsided by all of this and had a lot to deal with in a very short time...
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
I would hazard a guess and say that Webb would not have been privy to this guys Facebook account at the time of the court hearing..and I would also say that he was probably blindsided by all of this and had a lot to deal with in a very short time...
Good reason to get a lawyer...
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM
mongosd2
Frank Rafka
01 D2 96 D1 83 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Good reason to get a lawyer...
Ya think!
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX6RCROL View Post
I think the saddest thing about the Camel Trophy and the thing that will always keep it from garnering the type of respect it rightfully deserves is, big tobacco money. After all this is not a piece of Coca Cola memorabilia we are discussing and I think for the foreseeable future, a lot of company's like LR and perhaps even companies like Rovers North would be apprehensive about displaying such a vehicle because of the association.
I do not know about that. There are plenty of Winston Cup and Marlboro cars on display in various museums around the world. A winning chassis is a winning chassis. No one is going to refuse to display Sennas red and White Marlboro Honda. Hell, Sony just released a Senna tribute car in GT6. It was the John Player Special. That went out to literally tens of millions of players around the world. Automotive history is automotive history. Camel trucks are discreet in their advertising. Most people will probably not even make the connection. They will probably see Camel and think about the animal and exotic locales.
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
I think it is more that they do not want to be associated with off road driving....

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:37 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post

I do not know about that. There are plenty of Winston Cup and Marlboro cars on display in various museums around the world. A winning chassis is a winning chassis. No one is going to refuse to display Sennas red and White Marlboro Honda. Hell, Sony just released a Senna tribute car in GT6. It was the John Player Special. That went out to literally tens of millions of players around the world. Automotive history is automotive history. Camel trucks are discreet in their advertising. Most people will probably not even make the connection. They will probably see Camel and think about the animal and exotic locales.
Excellent point.
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:51 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
I think it is more that they do not want to be associated with off road driving....
I don't disagree with you. Especially in America.

A few months ago we were driving across Botswana, during the rainy season. In Chobe park, on our way to Savuti, on a one lane road, think 3 foot deep mud holes every 50 yards, for 100 miles...then we met a new Discovery 4. What followed it was a train of atleast 15 Evoques, all loaded with smiling journalist and then another Disco. The sight left us speechless. Here we are in 110's on the toughest trail of our life, and then we see these guys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1580512441.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	97726
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
A few months ago we were driving across Botswana, during the rainy season. In Chobe park, on our way to Savuti, on a one lane road, think 3 foot deep mud holes every 50 yards, for 100 miles...then we met a new Discovery 3. What followed it was a train of atleast 15 Evoques, all loaded with smiling journalist and then another Disco. The sight left us speechless. Here we are in 110's on the toughest trail of our life, and then we see these guys.

Attachment 97726
How new of a discovery 3....
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by z.g View Post
how new of a discovery 3....
lol....

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Excellent point.
If it had this plastered on the side:

I would understand reticence.
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:10 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
I don't disagree with you. Especially in America.

A few months ago we were driving across Botswana, during the rainy season. In Chobe park, on our way to Savuti, on a one lane road, think 3 foot deep mud holes every 50 yards, for 100 miles...then we met a new Discovery 3. What followed it was a train of atleast 15 Evoques, all loaded with smiling journalist and then another Disco. The sight left us speechless. Here we are in 110's on the toughest trail of our life, and then we see these guys.

Attachment 97726
I'll second that. I've had an Evoque on a trail I've led. It did remarkably well. It's biggest drawbacks were ground clearance and street tires. The TC worked great.
And no, LRNA won't touch this with a 10 foot pole. Not only is it a major cluster F but it harkens back to a day and image I think they would just assume never existed.
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:11 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post

How new of a discovery 3....
Not sure. See picture. I think the Disco's were driven by instructors from the Land Rover Driving Experience in South Africa.
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Not sure. See picture. I think the Disco's were driven by instructors from the Land Rover Driving Experience in South Africa.
Looks like a late Disco 4 to me
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
disco