1989 110 19J to Defender 200TDI Swap and ETC. - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 16th, 2016, 12:15 AM
javelinadave
Dave
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000

Bright orange or yellow.
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2016, 12:18 AM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Bright orange or yellow.
Rational behind this choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM
javelinadave
Dave
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000

It's your truck, paint it whatever color you like.
Old October 16th, 2016, 12:51 AM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

LOL. I know that. But I was thinking if there is a color that will help me ID leaks better or spot problems better I thought I would ask if anyone has done that.

What was the original color on the block? Mine came with gold color....
Old October 16th, 2016, 05:37 AM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW #2-300Tdi #3-'12 LR4

Registry
Dude, I need closure.

This thread is fuckin' scary, as I could see myself going down the rabbit hole just as you have done. One thing leads to ten others.

So:
Did you ever go back on Marc Pringles or whatsever his name was, the ebay douche who sold you a boat anchor?

Is there any reason in your mind to not get the bulkhead galvanized? It is out, you will never have the easy opportunity again.

You are going to all this time and expense, hope you checked specs on oil pump. You have easy 3K into this motor from what I can guess, hate to see it grenade.

Are you going to talk about the injector pump at all?

VVT - are you uprating the IC?
Old October 16th, 2016, 06:33 AM
DailyDrivenDefende
Michael
1989 110, 1985 90 200TDI

Mark Prinold, I sure did get a boat anchor from him. What am I going to do? The crate arrived 3 months later after the payment, ebay and Paypal won't do jack. He stopped ignoring my emails after I confronted him about compression numbers.

He knows about this very fact that ebay and Paypal won't do a thing, that is how he got away with it time after time.

So I am sharing this information here so that people don't go through the same shit again so he can't do shady business like this ever again.

Hope that got you some closure there. LOL.

I am sure relieved at least the block was salvageable and the head is as well. I will have the head rebuilt and sell it (or keep it).

The thing is when I ordered, I expected very little that I was just glad something actually showed up. From the get go, I was hoping for miracle but had full rebuild in the back of my mind. None of these is actually a surprise to me. Like how you are talking about why not galvy? Why not rebuild the engine?

I am not sure if I am going to galve the bulkhead. Has mixed feedback on this one thing that scares me is the warping issue and I have told and warned about this. Mostly not being able to find someone to do it for me is an issue in PNW.

Besides, there is no road salt used here like UK here.

Would love to hear options in PNW for galvying. I am not from this area. Yes, I have talked to a few locals but they suggested otherwise when I asked about it.

Oil pump is to be checked absolutely!

Injector pump? We talked about this in the previous thread. Conclusion is that it is easily accessed there by replace PRN.

One thing leads to ten things? Seriously? You have a Defender right? You make it sound like I am the only one restoring a defender.

It is amazing how this piece of shit is worth what it is worth. If I did not have passion for tinkering, I would not have touched or started this BS.

------ Follow up post added October 16th, 2016 03:36 AM ------

VVT wise, I will eventually upgrade the intercooler. My D90 has the full width. I want to see how it feels first and get things dialed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
110, 200tdi, defender, tdi