1988 Defender 90 Build - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
MD-Defender
Neil
1988 Defender 90

1988 Defender 90 Build

Hi guys, New here to the forum so thought I would share my project that I just purchased!! It's a 1988 defender 90 that came from a guy who started a ground up restoration but typical didn't have the funds to finish it so I fortunately ended up with a pretty sweet truck that doesn't need to much work no pics before the ones listed..

It was originally a 90 County hard top that had 2 owners from new with paperwork the second owner stripped down to the chassis and bulkhead cleaned up repaired and painted he put back together with new outriggers new cross members and completely restored the bulkhead and painted. I have now decided to covert into mohair soft top do a little more paint work and trim it out in leather..

I have purchased some new OEM TD5 Alloy wheels, Puma Hood, LR Diamond plate kit, side steps and mud flaps along with a whole pile of mechanical parts - Springs, Shocks, bushing kit, Discs, Pads, Timing Belt Kit and much more all arrived Friday..

It has the 2.5 TD motor I know it doesn't have the top speed of the V8 however I do prefer it when off roading much more control and power where you need it..

The truck is currently in the UK at my second house if you where wondering why some of the background didn't look US native however I will be shipping it over to my beach house in Ocean City, MD when completed in a few weeks for some summer fun.. Enjoy the pics.. I will post some more pics as I progress over the next couple of weeks.. Tnx for looking.. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Wheels.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	73674   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Rear Cross Member and Guinuen LR mud flaps.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	73675  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Spacers.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	73676   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	73677  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Good luck with that import!!!!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
MD-Defender
Neil
1988 Defender 90

Shouldn't be a issue the thing is 100% original other than wheels, wheel spacers, hood and seats in which case I will put the stock stuff back on for shipping purposes...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
90, defender