Defender Source Forum banner

1985 90 200tdi threepointohhhh

Tags
1985 200tdi 90 tdi
12K views 61 replies 20 participants last post by  tomaco1 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm starting a fresh thread and tearing my 90 back down. ( Actually done already) It almost feels like a new build.
Trying to do everything I didn't do right the first time, insert "I told you so" here

I started to just do a frame swap for a newer 1997 chassis, figured I should paint it, redo the rusty bulkhead, new steering box, etc. newer style dash and vents. Proper under tub supports for the NAS SW roll bar. Etc.

Of course plans change so I decided to get a newer tub. Then a guest to the shop convinced me to get the 97 frame galvied. Then the bulkhead, after repair panels were installed and vents were cut out. Went back to Nicolas Galvanizer in NJ city to get the bulkhead done, great guys, didn't like the way it came out the first time, so back in acid. Acid stripped it clean, again. Second time was a charm looks very nice.
They also did the frame about a month ago.
One thing I noticed was that my 1985 bulkhead had the bigger hole for the heater already cut.
It was similar to a 1993 NAS 110 with A/C so that may be why.

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Under tub rollcage support is in, tub and rear lights done.

The holes in the ST tub on the 45 degree part of the wheel well seem to be too high. About an inch.
The place where my SW interior cage ties into the under tub stuff.

It also seems that the lowest rear door hinge(ST) is a bit higher than on an SW.

Attachments

#27 ·
Thanks
I'm just dealing with some issues with the new tub. I didn't realize that the hinges on an ST were different from a SW.
Also had to put the RN rear light kit on the rear lights, mostly because I couldn't find most of the connectors from he swap.
Also still trying to get the ST spare tire carrier sorted out.

#29 · (Edited)
Got some work done this week and last.
New engine mounts, exhaust is in, bent some brake lines today, thanks Brian for the advice.
Glad it worked for you man, looking great dude!! Ummm there looks like you already have that hoop??? I hope I sent you the right thing??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.