1983 110 Rebuild - Page 12 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi View Post
"Some goodies from John Craddocks. Only took a week straight to my door"

sounds like good service, but what did they charge in shipping. They quoted me $50 to ship a glow plug timer relay, which weighs 12 oz, maybe?! Maybe the guy just did not want to deal with the shipping so he threw out a crazy number. Kinda turned me off them though.
That is crazy. My shipping cost, including all customs fees, was 90 pounds. My order was for some pretty heavy and bulky items though. I was able to get everything done via email with Penny. She was great. Prompt, courteous, and answered all my questions including updates on available items in stock-a rare thing from what I read about UK email correspondence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
j0nny216
Jon Kleppel
1994 D90

Awesome post. I look forward to more pics as it comes along! You'll have to keep us posted on how the bulkhead/footwell repair holds up once this is up and running for a while.

It gives me a lot of inspiration to get me going on my 83 110 if time ever permits .
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Jon,

When did you get yours? Post some pics! If the 110 is running, I say just keep driving it. I have owned this one for over a year now and have driven it all of 3 weeks. I should have played with her more before breaking her down. Should have gone wheeling with the old chassis and gotten it good and dirty. Now I will always think twice before driving her through the muck and rocks.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Everything is looking great. I bet you are very excited to get it on the road.

Did you add power steering to your truck? If so, how did that process go. Is it a costly procedure? I know it would be a great improvement from where I am sitting right now.
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:19 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hey Jeff,

My 110 came with power steering but the reservoir was leaking so I just replaced it with a newer type reservoir. Is yours RHD? I think I read somewhere you can use a disco PS setup if yours is LHD. Should be pretty cheap here in the states. I think Doug (Maryland 110) knows how to do it.

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
yeah I also have a rhd power steering box etc if you are staying rhd as well.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 10th, 2010, 01:48 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Ok So I removed the thermostat and noticed it was made in France and is set at 82C. I also does not have the vent ball to prevent air locks. My replacement is by Adwest/Waxstat set at 88C with the vent ball. Anyone know what the correct temp should be? My RRC 3.5 efi is at 88C. I assume the Adwest is the correct part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	28423   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	28424  

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	28425  

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:36 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If it was made in France, are you sure it wasn't installed backwards?

Old June 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

They make diffrent temps with diffrent part numbers, I purchased a new one and it was 88C but when I pulled my old one it was 82C.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
If it was made in France, are you sure it wasn't installed backwards?
Haha, I did import her from Canada, maybe she's French Canadian. Do they do things backwards? I always find French Canadians to be very nice and funny.

Old June 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I would go with a 82C termostat being that you are in florida and won't care if the heat is weak in sub zero temps.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:26 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Haha, I did import her from Canada, maybe she's French Canadian. Do they do things backwards? I always find French Canadians to be very nice and funny.
Naw, just the old joke that the French are always retreating and running away.

We serve with the French and Germans over here and the jokes are merciless:

German: Want to buy French rifle? Excellent condition - only dropped once.

German: Why is French armored vehicle facing gate? Armor stronger in the back!

etc...

Old June 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Haha, awesome. I dated a girl from Paris in college and she is definitely not the type to turn and run. In fact, she would be the first to throw a punch in the nightclubs. Goodtimes...

Old June 19th, 2010, 08:13 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Hahahahahahahaha! She started! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Old June 19th, 2010, 10:41 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Cool. How long has it been since you last ran the engine?
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
10-11 months.

Old June 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
New tub from Stephen last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	28927   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	518.7 KB
ID:	28928  

Views:	250
Size:	457.2 KB
ID:	28929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	28930  

Name:	IMG_0024.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	28931  

Old June 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I see you got T-pieces too! waxoyl the crap out of the inside of them before you install and remove the drain plug at the bottom in the sill right below the b-pillar.
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I see you got T-pieces too! waxoyl the crap out of the inside of them before you install and remove the drain plug at the bottom in the sill right below the b-pillar.
Yeah, I already have 2 cans of waxoyl ready. Stephen and I have been looking for T-posts for a long time. I was only after the T posts but, understandably, Stephen didn't want to part it out from the tub so I bought the whole thing. Figured it was the only reasonable thing to do. It was available and Stephen is located less than 20 miles away. New frame, new tub. It comes complete with 60/40 rear seats, bench seats in the back, seatbelts, seatbelt brackets, middle floor, and all door accessories. Now what to do with the old tub? Hmmm.

Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Got the old kick panel off and new one on. Also got the T posts on. Following Jim's advice about the line trick to fit the tub, I'm not really sure what I am looking for. How does this help me line up the tub? Is it for height or where the tub fits on the frame?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	29013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	29014  

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	29015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	29016  

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	29017   Click image for larger version

Views:	201
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	29018  

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	29019  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Tags
110, rebuild