03-06 Range Rover possible project - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores

Old December 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

03-06 Range Rover possible project

Has anyone seen or have a new Range Rover that has been built into anything? Once I get my 90 finished I am going to have to fill a void. I am thinking an HSE with solid axels, 3" coils, 285/75's, long travel suspension, and maybe a 350...

My first rover was a P38 when used ones were just becoming cheap enough for people to start to modify. If it hadn't been for rock rover and GBR I wouldn't have known where to start back then but I am foolish enough to think that I can do it on my own now.

Pics would be inspirational because I know I can't be the only one ready to ignore common sense and all the electronics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2014, 02:15 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockShow View Post
Has anyone seen or have a new Range Rover that has been built into anything?...
Had the same thought myself. The older Mkiiis are cheap enough now, that you'd think that someone somewhere has built up the unibody Rangie into something more than a soccer-mom vehicle. I'd take on that project, but I currently have two RRCs and I really want a Defender to be my next Rover...

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Have you googled it?
Maybe try rangerovers.net
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2014, 02:56 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

In 03, someone build a brand new RR as an off-roader... Bumpers, sliders, winch, skid plates and etc. It was on the cover one of the LR magazines.

I wheeled with it back in 04ish, here in Georgia. Might have been built by Joey at Outback Off Road.

Old December 9th, 2014, 03:14 PM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
What are you thinking for axles?

-Jeff
I havent spent enough time looking at one yet to have any clue for axels and until I get one I don't know enough about the independent suspension to hazard a guess. Hopefully, disco 1's or some of those super salsburys that gbr builds but if the stars lined up it would be Dana 60's. Those G2 or Currie rock jocks are so pretty and fancy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Truck Build-up's & Restores