Update your antivirus software NOW!! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Community News & Announcements

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
Update your antivirus software NOW!!

Hey gang,

I am getting about 300 virus emails a day here. A lot of the fake "From" address seem to be pooling from people that run in this circle or in the general Defender community.

Everyone, please do everyone a favor, including yourself, and take a moment to manually update your anti-virus software even if you think it automatically does it. Also make sure that if you have email scanning available with your software, that it is turned on and that after you have updated your software, please run a manual scan of your entire system.

For those that know how to do it, disable Messaging in your services panel.

Please note that The D-90 Source has only 2 outgoing mail accounts:
- My own, chrisvonc@d-90.com, which is the only account used for all ROVERGIRLS.COM, GOTMUD.ORG, and D-90.COM outgoing email communications and,
- The account used for sending the automated thread subscription notifications which is not accessible outside of the admin interface.

You will never receive from me:
- An attachment from me that you are not already expecting or is not plainly obvious that it is a legitimate email with attachment.
- Generic email subjects like "Check this out..", "Thought of you.." or "Here is that file", "Look at this screen-saver.."
- Patches for Microsoft software. I am not a MS patch delivery partner. You should never download or run any patch for Microsoft software unless you directly update from the Microsoft website.
- I never send password protect ZIP files.
- I have no interest in helping you out if your naughty bits don't work right or if you are too small. While sad and a shame, I wont be sending you emails with alternative medical solutions.
- All emails sent usually have some kind of personalizing signature (ie - CVC, Chris, etc). There is no D-90 Source, Rovergirls, or Gotmud "Web Teams" and no email is ever signed as such or that will contain attachements.

Should you get an email that fits one or more of these descriptions, please delete it. If you think it was legitimate, please send me a PM and if it was something I sent, other arrangement can be made.

Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Community News & Announcements