Update App - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old September 20th, 2017, 07:08 AM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Update App

Updated my iPhone to iOS 11 and app does not work. Please update app to work with new iOS.
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Tech Admin

Site Team

Registry
Afraid the old app was developed by a 3rd party developer, and they pulled support for it some time ago. We can't make any changes to it or influence it anyway. The site is on Tapatalk, and we have a customized web browser skin you can use that's better designed for mobile devices.

Kevin
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:07 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Damn. Tappatalk or whatever blows vs this App. I guess it's either have the app or new iOS. In that case I have already updated so I'm screwed. Others beware!
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2017, 01:40 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
damn, I have never had a reason not to update my IOS before now
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:09 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dammit, second the frustration on the app not working anymore....

Is there at least a way to get the browser version on a phone to NOT default to mobile? The mobile version (that changed recently to) is not that "friendly". If I could get to a standard browser version at least it would suit my needs and probably a few others now that the app is defunct.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 20th, 2017, 08:28 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
This is silly. Likely some small ass change to make it compatible. I don't know who to be more disappointed with. Dsource or Apple. The mobile browser is trash.

Well, more time spent elsewhere!
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old September 20th, 2017, 10:45 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Update App

Is there a way to not see the ads in the Tapatalk app? I am logged in and between just about every other post is an ad.
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:04 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Can you permanently stop iOS updates from uploading?
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:25 AM
Factoid
Mark
Three criminals seeking revenge

Registry
You have to allow them, so don't allow them. Unfortunately, at some point your device will stop working as your now very old iOS will not be supported by any apps or software.
2015 MB CLS63
1975 Porsche 911 hot rod
1964 Porsche (Beck) 904
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:08 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
Afraid the old app was developed by a 3rd party developer, and they pulled support for it some time ago. We can't make any changes to it or influence it anyway. The site is on Tapatalk, and we have a customized web browser skin you can use that's better designed for mobile devices. Kevin
So let me get this straight, you bought a site that has an app and you can't change or work on? But the previous owner could? You got screwed , along with all of its members. Well it seems like the guy that owned it before screwed us again. Once by not asking us if we wanna buy it and setting up an app the new owner can't work on. Brilliant.
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:30 AM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Is nas row app running yet? Migration soon.
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Admin

Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Dammit, second the frustration on the app not working anymore....

Is there at least a way to get the browser version on a phone to NOT default to mobile? The mobile version (that changed recently to) is not that "friendly". If I could get to a standard browser version at least it would suit my needs and probably a few others now that the app is defunct.
It shouldn't be automatically switching to the mobile site without asking you first if you'd like to switch to it. If it's doing that, let us know what phone/browser you are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
This is silly. Likely some small ass change to make it compatible. I don't know who to be more disappointed with. Dsource or Apple. The mobile browser is trash.

Well, more time spent elsewhere!
If others are having the same negative user experience, we welcome feedback to make improvements. That said, how is the mobile version trash? Is it slow? Do certain functions not work? The more details you can give us, the better we can help.

Also let us know what phone/browser you are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
Is there a way to not see the ads in the Tapatalk app? I am logged in and between just about every other post is an ad.
I logged in on Tapatalk and could not see throng of ads you mention, at least not in this thread. Regardless, that's an issue with Tapatalk which is a 3rd party app. I'd suggest you reach out to their support to see if they can decrease this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Can you permanently stop iOS updates from uploading?
I asked my colleague with a iPhone and could only see the option to turn off the automatic updates on apps but not the iOS itself, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
So let me get this straight, you bought a site that has an app and you can't change or work on? But the previous owner could? You got screwed , along with all of its members. Well it seems like the guy that owned it before screwed us again. Once by not asking us if we wanna buy it and setting up an app the new owner can't work on. Brilliant.
Actually, when we bought the site we had them make us the app for us which later on they pulled out the support for it and left us hanging. We learned from this and decided to make our own app. I double checked just now and I don't see this site on that app so I'm sending a request to get this added to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
Is nas row app running yet? Migration soon.
That isn't one of ours so couldn't tell ya - sorry.

Thanks guys,
Nate
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:40 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:

If others are having the same negative user experience, we welcome feedback to make improvements. That said, how is the mobile version trash? Is it slow? Do certain functions not work? The more details you can give us, the better we can help.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that you haven't actually used the mobile version.

Quote:

Actually, when we bought the site we had them make us the app for us which later on they pulled out the support for it and left us hanging. We learned from this and decided to make our own app. I double checked just now and I don't see this site on that app so I'm sending a request to get this added to that.
What does that mean? You are making your own app, or not?? Or, does this mean that we'd have to use your app (whatever that is) to get to the D-source site, like Tapatalk and not a standalone D-source app?
Old September 22nd, 2017, 09:26 AM
Tech Admin

Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that you haven't actually used the mobile version.
Hey there,

We have used the mobile version, though we do not frequent the site as often as the community would. So the more detail you give us into the issues you are running into, the easier it will be for us to understand and work towards addressing your concerns.

Quote:
What does that mean? You are making your own app, or not?? Or, does this mean that we'd have to use your app (whatever that is) to get to the D-source site, like Tapatalk and not a standalone D-source app?
As of now, no we are not making our own app for individual sites. We will be focusing on the site's Enhanced Mobile View, Tapatalk and the Autoguide app. This site is currently available on the tapatalk app but not the autoguide app. I have sent in a request to the appropriate team to get this added to the autoguide app.

NathanWind, regarding your concerns with the mobile view kicking itself to the forfront when navigating via a browser on your mobile device. There are a couple ways of tackling this. When you get to the enhanced mobile view, tap the menu on the top left, and select "Exit Enhanced Mobile View". This will kick you into the Desktop site. IF you change your mind and want to go back to the EMV, clear your cache and cookies and it will bump you back into the view.
You can also set your browser to "Request Desktop site" from it's settings.
On safari, select the icon that is at the bottom of the screen that looks like a house whose roof was blown off due to a killer Bloodhoundgang party, scroll through the options until you come across "Request Desktop Site option". Select that and it should kick you to the desktop view.
In Chrome or the normal android browser you can select the menu on the top right and scroll down to the "Request Desktop site" option and tap on that. For Chrome, it set's that option for everysite you visit.

I hope that helped clear some stuff up.

Richard.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
For what it is worth, it is because of the convenience of the D-Source app, I predominantly stay here (and it continues to work perfectly on iOS 10.3.3). Once the app is lost, it will be time to move over to ever growing NAS-ROW forum. I don't have time to toggle between the two forums.

Interesting data at this very moment.

D-Source - Currently Active Users: 182 (35 members and 147 guests)
NAS-ROW - Currently Active Users: 203 (46 members and 157 guests)
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Very interesting stats! Convenience is the key. App has spoiled me.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Very interesting stats! Convenience is the key. App has spoiled me.
I was surprised as well. Wonder if that is traffic only from Land Rover Defender Forum - Defender & Series Owners Community and https://******/index.php or does the D-Source active users include traffic from their app as well.

...edit... funny the web address of the other forum was scrambled.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I was surprised as well. Wonder if that is traffic only from Land Rover Defender Forum - Defender & Series Owners Community and https://******/index.php or does the D-Source active users include traffic from their app as well.

...edit... funny the web address of the other forum was scrambled.
Lets try this URL https://goo.gl/xRRX8J
Old September 22nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
The enhanced web version or whatever is awful slow. I often get spinning wheel.
No sense in debating this further, nothing will change with compatibility. Moving on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6FDAF9C3-CF81-426A-B325-5F42970F09CC.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	301857  
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:58 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Update App

Quote:

We have used the mobile version, though we do not frequent the site as often as the community would. So the more detail you give us into the issues you are running into, the easier it will be for us to understand and work towards addressing your concerns.

Grab an iPhone or iPad, pull up defendersource via the mobile browser, actually try to use the site for say, I dunno, 5 minutes, and report back. The answers you seek are there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions