Trouble with getting profile info - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old January 16th, 2005, 09:30 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Trouble with getting profile info

Hey gang, just got an email from someone with an interesting problem and thought I would post it to see if anyone else has it and what a possible solution might be.
Quote:
Why isn't someones info coming up when I click on their screen name? I want to get thier email address.
Make sure you dont have any pop-up blockers turned on for the site even though its not really a pop-up, it might be detected as one while inside the sites frames and you might be blocking it.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

I thought you could keep your email message private. That is some of the stuff you set when you join this site. And that the personal message (PM) option/area meets the obligation of communicating to other members. When I have a PM, I get a flashing box. It bugs me to go open it up. I've got to be honest, I do not want everyone to have my email. PMs rule and give you the best of both worlds!
Old February 4th, 2005, 07:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hi Paul,
Yes, that is correct. You can set this option in the UserCP to hide your email address/not recieve emails from other people using the site. In the pull down menus if you were to click on my name here, you will see a selection to email me but if you click on you name you will notice that the email option is not there. Also if you go an view your public profile from that menu, you will see a link to send you an email but when people click on it, they get a message that you have that disabled.

The problem in this case was that the profile in question had the email option enabled but when the link in the pull down menu was selected, nothing happened. While it was working for me, it was reported by someone else and made the post to see if anyone else at the time had seen that problem.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions