Time Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old February 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Time Question

I have the time in my User CP set at Pacific; (West Coast).
If someone on the East Coast (say VA or NY) has their time set up for their respective time zone; and I happen to be online watching just as they send a post, shouldn't their post time be exactly 3 hours ahead of my current time?

If the time is off, is it because the poster may not have the time set properly for his/her time zone, or could there be another reason?
In a very early thread, you mentioned something about an issue with Daylight Savings Time. Is that still the case?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

No, the actual post time as with all the times you see on the site will be in your local times zone. So if I were on the east coast posting this, and you are on the west coast, the time you see my post as being posted, should be your local time. the time zone someone selects in the UserCP only effects their view and times.

How ever, there are also a few external things that can effect a time discrepancy. One is your local computers time settings. If the time settings on your local machine are off, I've seen cases where it throws the posting times off on some forum softwares, however, I've never seen this with the vB software running here.
The other factor which for this software is usually the culprit of external problems sometimes is that the server time is off, which would have an impact on the post times.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

OK; thanks; Chris...then maybe it is something on my end.

I sent the initial question at 1:44 pst; yet on the forum, it shows I sent it at 2:44. The response you just posted shows 2:52 pst but the local time was 1:52.

Is there something I need to do to fix that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM
OK; thanks; Chris...then maybe it is something on my end.

I sent the initial question at 1:44 pst; yet on the forum, it shows I sent it at 2:44. The response you just posted shows 2:52 pst but the local time was 1:52.

Is there something I need to do to fix that?
Garth, I assume that in addition to setting the forum to the correct zone on your pc, that you have also checked your pc for the correct time zone....
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
Garth, I assume that in addition to setting the forum to the correct zone on your pc, that you have also checked your pc for the correct time zone....
Yes.
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:50 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

If you are an hour off, check the DST settings in your UserCP. Most cases, the hour off issue is that. Being a few minutes off is normal. For me the server shows a time 2 minutes off my systems network time here at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Duh, my bad. Fixed the DST settings, now works fine.

Thanks Chris & Ade...
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Cool, no problem!

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions