Time limit to submit? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old March 23rd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Time limit to submit?

Is there a time limit to compose and submit a reply to a thread? I have tried to reply to a couple threads that when I hit "Submit Reply" I was logged off and my reply was lost.
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Yes but it's pretty generous. I don't know exactly how long it's set at. If I ever make a really long reply, or if I had started it then walked off and come back later, I copy the buffer before hitting submit so I can just paste it in if it fails. Happens very rarely though.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Thank you Charles!

It can take a while for me to gather my thoughts.
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
No problem. I am sure you know this, but the copy is simply ctrl-a then ctl-c on windows. The paste would be ctrl-v.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
No problem. I am sure you know this, but the copy is simply ctrl-a then ctl-c on windows. The paste would be ctrl-v.
Actually, just holding down Ctrl and c is copy, and Ctrl-v is paste
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

ctrl c (copy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Actually, just holding down Ctrl and c is copy, and Ctrl-v is paste
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Isnt that what I said? The only thing different that I said was to first do a ctrl-a. This selects all. Try it. The steps broken down are

Press and hold the control key, then press a, then release. The entire text box will now be selected.

Press and hold the control key, then press c, then release. The selected text will now be in the clipboard.

Press and hold the control key, then press v, then release. The clipboard contents will now be pasted wherever the cursor was, or overwrite a selection if something was selected.

Verbose enough? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
copy is simply ctrl-a then ctl-c on windows. The paste would be ctrl-v.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward View Post
Is there a time limit to compose and submit a reply to a thread? I have tried to reply to a couple threads that when I hit "Submit Reply" I was logged off and my reply was lost.
I am not aware of any setting that sets a time limit for replying to a post. There is a default time limit to automatically log out your account unless you select to remain logged in when you log into the forum. It may be set for 90 minutes.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 23rd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Hey Rod, between the time you started composing and hit "submit reply", how many beers did you drink?

~Art
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Jeez, I think its happening again. Up in the right hand corner it says Welcome, Rod Hayward but my status is off line. Oh well, we'll see.

Thank you for elaborating on how to do that, Charles. It actually helped. Picture a big hairy guy in a cave scratching on the wall with a piece of charcoal...that's how I'm most comfortable expressing my thoughts.(ha,ha) Gonna try it here in a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil View Post
Hey Rod, between the time you started composing and hit "submit reply", how many beers did you drink?

~Art
Hey Art!
Gosh, its been years, man. Nah, if I were drinking beer my thoughts would have flowed out like a river! I was at work. I think of you every winter when I hang my drop curtain. Damn well made. Thank you.

Can't believe it...Rita hasn't sold yet? I nearly called you a couple of times. I think when I'm done here I'll go over to her sale thread and pleasure myself while ogling her lovely curves...again.

We ought to split a twelve-pack some time. My treat.

Regards,
Rod

HAHA! IT WORKED!!
Thanks, guys!
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Quote:
Hey Art!
Gosh, its been years, man. Nah, if I were drinking beer my thoughts would have flowed out like a river! I was at work. I think of you every winter when I hang my drop curtain. Damn well made. Thank you.

Can't believe it...Rita hasn't sold yet? I nearly called you a couple of times. I think when I'm done here I'll go over to her sale thread and pleasure myself while ogling her lovely curves...again.

We ought to split a twelve-pack some time. My treat.

Regards,
Rod
Ha ha, I try to avoid drinking and D90 Sourcing, I end up buying parts I HAVE to have that sit in my garage for years!
Glad to hear the curtain is still doing its job. Don't be surprised about Rita, she's here because I'm not happy to see her go and have been dragging my feet. I will have to get on the ball soon since my wife's already spent the money on our vacation this September. Makes it even harder knowing that. Anytime you want to stop by and take her out for a drive, let me know. Let's make plans soon to get together for a cold one, or three or four
You still work downtown?

Kind Regards,
Art
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vigil View Post
Ha ha, I try to avoid drinking and D90 Sourcing, I end up buying parts I HAVE to have that sit in my garage for years!
I hear ya, its just nice to know you're out there, and see you still stick your head in here now and then.

Some vacation! Seems like we either trade our time for things, or our things for time. Life's funny that way.

Yeah, I'm still in the same ol' place. You still in this neck of the woods, too?

I don't know if Rita's ever been with a man as big as me. I'm not sure she could handle all of me, which could be a problem. Maybe some warm Spring day you could drive her to work and we could meet up afterwards for a couple cold ones.

Only when/if its convenient for ya. Don't want to mess with my beer drinking mojo.

Warm Regards,
Rod

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions