Server issues - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old June 15th, 2004, 01:00 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Server issues

If anyone else is having a problem with "slowness" of the forum or related section, there appears to be still issues with the host. I'm sorry for any problems you may be experiancing and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2004, 11:17 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Is this still going on Chris? I'm getting really slow response on the site, but I'm also getting it on another forum site I use (www.clubb5.com), so I want to make sure it isn't me. All other sites I hit, news, etc., seem fine, including VPN'ing to my client. I've just gotten a new T-1 so my speed should be fine... but, who knows?

thanks,
Dave
Old September 1st, 2004, 07:52 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Dave, not that I am aware of. The issues back in June were resolved. The site crushed its bandwidth limit again this month but I have been told by the host that they dont cut off access when it does. If you still see it happening, post back with the general times you ran into the problems.

Part of the root problem is that the site shares the same server with about 200 other websites when it should be on it's own server and sometimes the server does get loaded down. Another issue is spam filtering. With 200+ websites on the box, the amount of spam trying to get processed through in and out of the email system has been an issue before with choaking the server and I am sure continues even though new filters are in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2005, 11:25 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Chris, site has gone super slow today. Plus I have been kicked out of the private mesage area twice. Got the below error message - do I have to reset my computer stats security area. It is only this site, not others as I tested it. Oh, by the way of weirdness - the icon font (misc pix, forum, D-90 bio, etc) changed from small super clear to large slightly fuzzy.
Finally just checked a PM I sent this morning and one sent prior. Neither are listed in my PM outbox.

Private messages section timed out with this message:
Please try the following:
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
Old June 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ok, Paul thanks. Let me look into it and see if I can reproduce it and report back.

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions