problems accessing website? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old November 30th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

problems accessing website?

so I type in www.D-90.com from my aol account and I get this message....

"If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content"

I couldn't understand what the message means. I have accessed D-90 for 2 years with no issues.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening? I can't get to the site through aol...

I was able to access this time through internet Explorer
Thanks for any help

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Try deleting your cookies.
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Might have to do with last night's update? I don't use AOL so I haven't had any problems.
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

Tried deleting cookies still didn't work...

Rather than opening the D-90 web page , it opens to some Apachee panel website
this is the rest of what the page says...really weird....

"ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.

About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:42 AM
devinchi
Tim Brown
'95 D90 ST '99D2

I got that page a few times the other night as well.
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

If you check the site news it says that there will be outages now and then for awhile.
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Don, I don't use AOL...but does AOL have it's on cookies you can delete within the AOL browser? It might be time to call support in Bangalore!

(I had no idea there were people who still used AOL, other than my dad. I finally got him off dial-up last year but he still won't get off AOL completely.)
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
(I had no idea there were people who still used AOL, other than my dad. I finally got him off dial-up last year but he still won't get off AOL completely.)
Mine too! The worst part is that he is always complaining to me about problems he has which all seem to stem from it but he doesn't want to hear that!

Anyway, Chris addressed this in a recent post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvonc
Looks like everything is done and running smooth after the changes.
There was some IP changes that happened so if you know or see someone saying they cant hit the site yet by name (www.d-90.com), that means the changed have not fully propagated fully to their segments of the internet. As a work around, to get to the site until those changes take effect for them, they can hit the site by its direct IP address, http://74.200.83.64/
Old December 1st, 2007, 07:36 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Mine too! The worst part is that he is always complaining to me about problems he has which all seem to stem from it but he doesn't want to hear that!
Same here... I installed Mozilla on his pc to minimize most of his web issues...he uses it sometimes. Still working on getting him to shut the pc down correctly...he hits the power button instead of from the start menu...damn near had a heart attack when I saw him do that the last time. I swear, I think he's f* with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Anyway, Chris addressed this in a recent post...
Damn, I was told those reading classes back in grade school would pay off...I just never listened.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

I admit aol sucks but it has been my e-mail address for 10 years now and I do alot of business through my e-mails. I have fast access DSL and wireless and both are fast and work fine, but every now and then there are some aol specific kinks...I did a bundle thing so aol costs me only $10.95 a month too
Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I made a post a day or so before the changes:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=13658

I need to talk to Charles about the error some people see but usally its just a matter of the name resolution not propagating fully to your area yet.

Follow-up Post:

Moving this to the Help section

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

hey Chris as you suggested I typed in http://74.200.83.64/ and was able to access the site fine.

Still having issues if I try www.D-90.com,
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Cool.. give it another day or so.. some places are a little slower than others for the name resolution to take effect.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Tags
ac, problems