Pictures - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old October 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
TexasD-90
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90

Pictures

I think it would be nice to have a forum for just pictures. Everyone could put pics of their rigs, pics of their trips, groups, gatherings, etc....

Just a thought,

Might bring some enjoyment to everyones day!

Martin
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

The Owners Bios, trip reports and Misc sections dont do enough for you?

Follow-up Post:

oops.. forgot.. in case you are hitting just the forum and not the whole site.. go to www.d-90.com, and you will see the links to those sections in the main navigation frame.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:40 PM
TexasD-90
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90

I know

The owners bios are great. The others are okay, but you have to just search through all the threads to find a couple of pictures. I think if there was a spot just for pictures people would enjoy it, and there would be a lot more to look at. We could vote and have best pic of the month and that kind of thing.

Just a suggestion
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

The picture of the month thing is in the works but if you dont mind, would you expand a bit on the other idea. I am not getting what you mean but would like to understand as this is the suggestion box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:27 PM
TexasD-90
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90

okay

It realy isn't a big deal, and I don't mean to offend anybody. I just think there would be more pictures of peoples trips, their rigs, and all there good times if there was a place for just that. The other threads seem to all have a few pics, but not to many. I personaly enjoy looking at everyones rigs, and the adventures they go on. I think a forum for pictures would be good fun entertainment.
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:29 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Oh no worries Martin, you arent offending anyone, well at least me. I'm just trying to understand what you were talking about more. A lot of things have been put into place here on the site because of suggestions in this section, so I like to be sure I know what someone is talking about when they do post in here.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:03 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Hey Chris, I think what Martin is trying to say is... you know how people posted pictures of the National Rally in the "Misc" section and in the "Trail" section. They add pictures to an existing thread or start a new one, they put them here and there... instead of scouring through an entire thread for a few pictures, if there was a section for pictures only. I think that is what he is getting at. The problem I see with that is once someone posts a pic(s), everyone will comment and it will become another "standard" thread. I like the pic of the month idea, it would get more people posting images, I think.
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
TexasD-90
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90

right

that is what i am trying to say. is would be nice if there was sme way to make the forum to where all you could write is a title for your image. this way people could not just start writing comments under every picture.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
UkChris
Chris Fordham
1999 D90 TD5 3link

Hi Martin...

I just went to post the same idea, on most of our uk forums we have a post a rig area, with pix and vidios ?

It just nice to see other peoples rides and the mods they do

Online ordering at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

Not to hijack the thread, but perhaps a different spin on the pictures only idea: have the search function that will filter out all text/posts and only show images? This is probably a design limitation as it probably isn't possible in this forum.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkChris
Hi Martin...

I just went to post the same idea, on most of our uk forums we have a post a rig area, with pix and vidios ?

It just nice to see other peoples rides and the mods they do
You mean like the owners galleries?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...splay.php?f=34

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer
Not to hijack the thread, but perhaps a different spin on the pictures only idea: have the search function that will filter out all text/posts and only show images? This is probably a design limitation as it probably isn't possible in this forum.
You can do that already in the UserCP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options
There you can disable seeing Avatars, signatures and images.

Quote:
[/size]
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:14 AM
UkChris
Chris Fordham
1999 D90 TD5 3link

ahh... i didnt see the owners galleries ! Cheers mate

Online ordering at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

Chris,

To clarify what I was trying to say: It would be nice to have the ability to only see uploaded images - filter everything else out except the images.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hi Will,
hmm.. I dont think thats something that could be done without some kind of complex coding hack. I can look around to see if anyone has coded something like that.

Quote:
[/size]
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
johare
Jay
95 D90 White ST

Flicker Tags & Maps for your photos

How about using flickr? Pictures can be tagged with a common tag such as d90com (as i don't think you can use puctuation in the tag names). Then all anyone would have to do is search by tag. They've added a cool mapping feature where you can drag-n-drop your photos on a map. Best of all, its FREE! Take a look at my demo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18397890@N00/tags/d90com/
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

A Forum is not the place to manage/upload pictures. A Gallery-style facility is what is required, with picture features that are just not possible with a Forum. If this was part of a CMS system, a search would not only show pictures from a dedicated gallery but any pictures submitted within the Forum or in fact, any part of the website.

Time to think outside the box.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM
TNRoverGuy
Chris H.
'97 NAS D90 ST

Registry
Most of the forums I frequent have a section devoted entirely to member's rides. I think this is a great idea, as it would be nice to have at least a single thread where everyone posts the best pictures of their truck. No posting unless you have a picture to contribute. This way, instead of going to the owner's bio section and hoping I click on the name of someone that has done a mod I would like to see, I can quickly scroll through the thread to find what I'm looking for.

Great thread, and I think this idea should not be looked over.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepsoup
Most of the forums I frequent have a section devoted entirely to member's rides. I think this is a great idea, as it would be nice to have at least a single thread where everyone posts the best pictures of their truck. No posting unless you have a picture to contribute. This way, instead of going to the owner's bio section and hoping I click on the name of someone that has done a mod I would like to see, I can quickly scroll through the thread to find what I'm looking for.

Great thread, and I think this idea should not be looked over.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...splay.php?f=30

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7219

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2072
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
TNRoverGuy
Chris H.
'97 NAS D90 ST

Registry

Thanks for those last two. I was aware we had an owner bio section, as I mentioned in my post, and I had seen the first thread of pictures there, but didn't think it was very complete. I had never seen the last one before, but it looks like it has tons of pics.

Thanks again.
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:36 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepsoup
Thanks for those last two. I was aware we had an owner bio section, as I mentioned in my post, and I had seen the first thread of pictures there, but didn't think it was very complete. I had never seen the last one before, but it looks like it has tons of pics.

Thanks again.
No problem, I think the idea of a gallery is awesome! I like seeing and comparing other D90s, the for sale section is also good for that too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions