mobile app issue - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Online
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,243
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Hmmm...android...

Maybe the Defender source is trying to tell you to give in to the apple allure...
Oh I have an Apple as well. The Android is better.....
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Ray_G's Avatar
Ray_G
Status: Offline
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,636
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post

Oh I have an Apple as well. The Android is better.....
I guess so, I assume you guys are posting from them now?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Andy R's Avatar
Andy R
Status: Offline
Andy R
.
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx & Floripa, Brazil
Posts: 382
Sorry, I probably caused this issue. Basically we pushed out an updated to the apps to use the new domain instead of the old. Once the update was out I change the way we redirect the old domain to the new one and that's probably what caused this. I just reverted that DNS change and it should propagate within 24-48 hours. I am going to wait a few months so everyone can get the new version installed and then update the redirect to it's permanent setting.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Jonesy's Avatar
Jonesy
Status: Offline
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,447
Registry
That is weird Ray. I am posting this from it? I only deleted it once.

Maybe upgrade iOS? Check that too.
__________________
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Overlander's Avatar
Overlander
Status: Offline
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,531
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Sorry, I probably caused this issue. Basically we pushed out an updated to the apps to use the new domain instead of the old. Once the update was out I change the way we redirect the old domain to the new one and that's probably what caused this. I just reverted that DNS change and it should propagate within 24-48 hours. I am going to wait a few months so everyone can get the new version installed and then update the redirect to it's permanent setting.
new version of what?
__________________
Mark Kellgren
KM4BOR

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,691
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Hmmm...android...

Maybe the Defender source is trying to tell you to give in to the apple allure...
I might.
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
new version of what?
If you had the actual d-90 app loaded it's now "Defender" app for the forum.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
dave_lucas's Avatar
dave_lucas
Status: Offline
Dave Lucas
None
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CO USA
Posts: 3,126
My iPhone app was just a simple update from the App Store my android is still not working, I have updated it, deleted it and still the same issue. FWIW I only see one app in the play store no matter what I search on.

No big deal for me since I like the apple app and use it the most
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Online
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,243
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
My iPhone app was just a simple update from the App Store my android is still not working, I have updated it, deleted it and still the same issue. FWIW I only see one app in the play store no matter what I search on.

No big deal for me since I like the apple app and use it the most
Cough... You need to wait patiently.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Sorry, I probably caused this issue. .......I just reverted that DNS change and it should propagate within 24-48 hours.
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
o2batsea's Avatar
o2batsea
Status: Offline
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kensington md
Posts: 6,503
Registry
On iPhone open forum runner. Push and hold on the "old" D-90 forum icon until it jiggles and the X shows up on the corner. Push the X to delete that icon and then push the "Done" button.
Now use the forum browser to find the Defender Source forum under Cars&Trucks. Open it and log in. Once you are in, push the option button on the upper right and select "Add to Favorites".
That should fix it. Did for me.
__________________
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,691
Registry
It works now
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mobile Web App Design Bill Larson Misc. Chit-Chat 2 July 17th, 2012 03:31 PM
Clutch issue? Help with diagnosis..... Hans Defender Technical Discussions 13 December 18th, 2005 05:19 PM
95 won't start, possible fuel priming issue? jcasteel Defender Technical Discussions 1 March 15th, 2005 09:45 AM
strange heat issue jabber Defender Technical Discussions 15 March 6th, 2005 05:42 PM
Fun new problem: starter circuit issue jaherring Defender Technical Discussions 1 September 12th, 2004 03:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Copyright