LR3/4 Section - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old October 31st, 2016, 09:26 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
Lol, what?

Expo is actually halfway decent in that regard (for the 3/4 platform)...Dweb is fine, if you answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2016, 10:21 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I have tried hard to bring DWeb back out of its dark period and bring legitimacy back to its technical forums. If someone gives any of you shit over a legitimate technical question there, please let me know. It's still the only LR forum (besides G&R) that's completely non-commercial with no ads and no sale of your private data. It runs on fast servers and is always on the cutting edge of security and hosting technology.

Defender Source has always been a solid resource for my Defender issues (I'm primarily a Defender owner) but that's because it has remained focused. Go look at the shitshow that is most non-LR forums and you'll know why this is critical to maintaining a lively community.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old November 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

It would be neat to see Disco Web and Defender Source merge. With different sub sections for the different vehicles. The LR community is so disjointed these days it would be great to unify for planning of events etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2016, 11:17 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Would the Banned User lists be a compilation or a crossreference?

-Jeff
LOL, the List of Banned Sellers needs its own legal defense fund. I know it's serving its purpose because I've seen more legal threats over that list than Discoweb has received in the whole of its history.

/
/
/
/
Old November 2nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientmechanic View Post
It would be neat to see Disco Web and Defender Source merge. With different sub sections for the different vehicles. The LR community is so disjointed these days it would be great to unify for planning of events etc.
If the Defender Source community organized a non-profit to run the site and raised enough money to buy it from Social Knowledge, I would host it on the dedicated Discoweb infrastructure. Site team (minus Social Knowledge employees) would remain in place and we could remove all advertising/banner ads/junk from the site. Defender Source would remain separate from Discoweb except for sharing the same server hardware.

It would run faster and be totally usable for anybody without the need for an ad blocker. Slowdowns would be a thing of the past and the site could return to being a true community resource.

/
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions