iPhone forum runner - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy View Post
Just ordered an android... keep me posted if this will work with it.... IT will be my first smart phone. I am way behind the times.. lol
Which one? The browser does a fine job with the forum just on its own usually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Anybody else having problems with ForumRunner not showing pictures in some posts? Sometimes it shows the thumbnails correctly at the bottom of a post and you can access the pictures. Other times the poster references pictures in their post but there is nothing there? I have gone back and checked some of my posts that I know contain pics and sometimes they are there and sometimes not? Doesn't seem to be any pattern. Might be doing the same thing with links as well but I am not sure.

Also I can see a users avatar and name but not their details (truck,location,etc). No footer either, if they have one.

Is there a set of options I haven't found yet?

I am using the paid version on an iPad.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yeah, I had that picture problem when looking at Tomaco1's boost wheels ad last week.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=26701

Not sure if it's happened again. Probably a picture format issue?

------ Follow up post added August 3rd, 2010 02:11 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgregory View Post
Also I can see a users avatar and name but not their details (truck,location,etc). No footer either, if they have one.

Is there a set of options I haven't found yet?

I am using the paid version on an iPad.

May be that the goal of the app is fast-loading and not complete info as you'd see on the forum here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Maybe but it makes it difficult if you are replying to a tech help post and want to know what year of truck they have or a for sale post and you want to see where they are for a cost of shipping idea or something. Not as much of an issue as the missing pictures though, just would be handy.

Great app otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
May be that the goal of the app is fast-loading and not complete info as you'd see on the forum here?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
cool
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I'll ask the developer about this because i have noticed it too

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I have a Droid X ( yes you whining girls with Iphone 4 , it runs circle, and yes I don't care to video chat *LOL* )

I have taptalk on several other forums for the only reason I don't check those forums often.

But for d90, dweb. L8 I use the browser.
Old August 4th, 2010, 07:32 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipgregory View Post
It would be nice if these were on/off preferences. For example I'd like to see the details next to the avatar ut have no desire to see footers (some of which are larger than the entire post).
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:56 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I reported the picture/attachment issue so hopefully its something simple.

I dont see any footers (I assume you mean signatures) in ForumRunner on any of the sites I have added to the app so I am guessing this is by design.

Same with the additional Postbit info (the info next to a users avatar) may not display by design as not to clutter up the app and slow the load process. I thought originally that it may due to the fact that I have modified the postbit coding to display all that extra stuff, and that the app couldnt display it, but looking on the other forums with the app, this too appears to be by design, as the additional postbit info is not shown from them as well regardless if they are using the legacy or overhead header layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM
ClemsonJeeper
Test account - CVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho

I was checking I out before I suggested it last night, and it looked pretty cool. Then after CVC opened the site to their app, I started with the free version; it was useful, but pretty useless if you've become comfortable with using your browser on your phone.

The push notifications are nice. I've been trying it out today. The free version is read only with limited ability to open attachments, mail, etc.

You also can't post pics in the free version. I'm using the $1.99 version and it's pretty cool to be able to post them, bur they're currently capped to a small resolution... Like 400x400 or something crazy. They'll probably be improved.

I'm sending this from the app. It really is actual real time which is important as well.
You can change the resolution of the pics in Settings->Forum Runner.

Thanks for downloading FR!

------ Follow up post added August 4th, 2010 08:42 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
I reported the picture/attachment issue so hopefully its something simple.

I dont see any footers (I assume you mean signatures) in ForumRunner on any of the sites I have added to the app so I am guessing this is by design.

Same with the additional Postbit info (the info next to a users avatar) may not display by design as not to clutter up the app and slow the load process. I thought originally that it may due to the fact that I have modified the postbit coding to display all that extra stuff, and that the app couldnt display it, but looking on the other forums with the app, this too appears to be by design, as the additional postbit info is not shown from them as well regardless if they are using the legacy or overhead header layout.
Thanks for reporting the issue. I'll get it figure out tonight if you are around to help when I need files uploaded.

I almost pulled the trigger on a great condition D90 a year or so back.... Still kickin myself for not buying it!
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thanks Rob, appreciate the help!

For the rest of you guys, Rob is the developer of the ForumRunner app and is trouble shooting the attachment issue.

------ Follow up post added August 4th, 2010 09:19 PM ------

Josh/Ian, looks like rob fixed the issue for us! Thanks again Rob!

The attachments are showing up in the thread now and a few others I tested. Let me know if you still see any problems.

I'll most likely move this thread to the Help section since it kind of turned into a support thread.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:48 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
At least one of the posts I noticed last night that was missing pictures is showing them today. So hopefully it's fixed.

Thanks Chris and Rob.
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

There is a new LR related forum available on Forum Runners but it's in French (Landmania). It's good but it's too vast for my taste.
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I posted a for sale with a picture from forum runner, and it ended up posting the text but not the pic. I think if the pic is too large a resolution (Iphone default size) it just drops the pic with no message. I ended up having to add the picture after posting in an edit. Hope that gets fixed.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I posted a for sale with a picture from forum runner, and it ended up posting the text but not the pic. I think if the pic is too large a resolution (Iphone default size) it just drops the pic with no message. I ended up having to add the picture after posting in an edit. Hope that gets fixed.
You have to go into your iPhone Settings from your iPhone home screen, select Forum Runner, then go to Attachment Quality and select High Resolution at 1024.
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Was back in an old thread the other day that I had posted a PDF of a parts diagram in. Couldn't see the PDF on ForumRunner.
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Forumrunner is awesome. I waste even more time now then ever before. Actually the best thing is the ability to post pics. Makes selling my vast collection of crap easy.
Old October 9th, 2010, 10:19 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
They just updated the Forum Runner app in the past day; looks like some of them require some plug-in updates to the site.
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

thanks, ill take a look

Quote:
[/size]
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046

Registry
Good to see another Clemson Tiger on here!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions