Inline Photo & Video - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old March 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Inline Photo & Video

Why is the Insert Image feature enabled in the practice area but not in the regular forums? Also if I wanted my photos inline (Insert Image) and on the site, is there a way to do that without it being a 2 step process, of gettting it up on the site, usually as an attachment, and then referencing it? It seems like photos inline would make many of the topics much more readable. Along these lines, is it possible to embed Youtube or Vimeo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Archival purposes. Among others.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hot-linking, which is what that is, I have disabled for the most part in all of the public posting sections with the exception of the practice area because it a) slows down threads and server while it tries to load each hot-linked item from the outside source every time the page is viewed and b) the info at that link is not controlled by this site, meaning someone could hotlink to something like a picture or data and then change it or remove it entirely and then we have little red X's all over the place. So attachments are stored here on the site and generally will not change locations ever and gets served faster.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

Chris,
I understand the concerns, but often the inability to hot link or embed inline detracts from the readability of some posts and in some cases does not really prevent the undesired results. Most recent example of this would be Jack's post on the Quater Panel Guards http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30778. Inline photos would have greatly improved the readability of this post in my opinion. Sure he could have made reference to things like "photo 1" or "photo 2", but this is also cumbersome and adds several additional steps for the user. There have to be something like 20 links to photos outside the control of the list with no guarantee that they will exist next week. As for slow load times vBulletin allows the user to select whether or not to show the images, or simply links.

Since the interweb is all about collaboration and information, my preference would be that we have greater ability to pull in other content and consume it in a blended fashion.
Thanks,
Matt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions