Hotlinks in subscribed threads email not working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old November 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Hotlinks in subscribed threads email not working

Just curious...am I the only one that now finds that their hotlinks are not working in the "subscribed thread" emails that are received? I know they migrated to a new server Tuesday evening and as of Wednesday morning this issue started for me.

I am using Outlook 2010. And yes, I have made sure that nothing is disabled/etc in my Outlook settings - it's the timing of the server change that tells me it's not an issue on my end.

Not a big deal, I can copy/paste the links into a browser and it works fine - just an extra step (and I'm lazy).

Just wanted to see if I was alone with this issue.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Happening to me now. Links have a line break in them.

I'll see if anything has changed that could be causing this.
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thank God...for awhile I was starting to think I was the only one this was happening to.

For what it's worth, I was in the iPad and iPhone all weekend with no issue. But if I hop back over to Outlook on the PC none of the links are "hot", and also now having the line break issue (which is different than before).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2011, 02:28 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

This issue should be fixed now.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Chris:

Strangely my original issue remains...which is slightly different than the broken/split links.

Essentially the day after the server migration (for me it seemed to start on 11/16), the ability to click directly on any links in the emails received either via subscribed thread or even pm notification has been removed.

Instead of just clicking on what used to be a link in an email (for example: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/private.php), I now have to copy/paste it into the browser. I am running Outlook 2010, and have checked all settings, and my emails from other forums seem to be unaffected.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 17th, 2012, 03:32 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm happy to report that my hotlinks appear to be working again finally! Did you make some changes to the site recently?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I don't think anything changed other than when Chris reported it fixed. I think whatever issue you had was not due to the site emails themselves - maybe an outlook update?
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Janet H
Janet H
Still Looking....
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
I'm happy to report that my hotlinks appear to be working again finally! Did you make some changes to the site recently?
Yes - we fired our mail service and found another. When all else fails, vote with yer feet
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:46 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Yes - we fired our mail service and found another. When all else fails, vote with yer feet
Nice! I knew I wasn't crazy and something had changed. You've done right by my vote!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old January 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Janet H
Janet H
Still Looking....
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Nice! I knew I wasn't crazy and something had changed. You've done right by my vote!

Well... I'm not sure about the crazy part but there was an issue for some folks. A few e-mail providers weren't passing mail from us (earthlink, hotmail) and others were stripping out links. Outlook users in particular had link issues. It had something to do with the format of the mail and despite repeated requests for improvement there was none. Ultimately we just had to move on.

You might still be crazy, but at least you're crazy and have mail
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You might still be crazy, but at least you're crazy and have mail
Correction, I'm crazy and have LINKS. I was one where the links were stripped out (Outlook user). Thanks for taking care of this - seems like a small thing, but I was sick of the copy/paste exercises!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions