This section is open to both members and unregistered guest having problems with the site. Take a moment to look through or search the posts here to see if your perticular issue may have been brought up already. If not, when posting your problem, please be descriptive in what you are having problems with and if possible, any error messages or pages.
Issue list of items already known to be a problem or being address.
- - Not compatible yet but working on it. But, thanks to a tip from a forum member, Internet Explorer users can use a browser plug-in called IESPELL (http://www.iespell.com/) which is free, not spyware, and easy to use by simply right-mouse clicking in the text area to check for mistakes before you post.
- Help - The Help part of system is a bit lacking compaired to the last version however, it is much easier to add new items to so if you have questions not explained there, please post them here in the Help Forum and it can be added to that.
- To help try and reduce repeat threads, when creating a new thread, after typing the subject line, you should see a button that says "Check for pre-existing similar topics". If you click that, it will run a quick search of forums topics, open a new window, and display the results on any existing topics that closely match your Subject from which you can review the existing threads to see if they closely match what you were going to originally post. If it does, simply post in that thread rather than creating a new one if possible.
- Hot-Linking (using the IMG code) of pictures from other sites, is disabled for Members and Vendors in all forums regardless of what the sub-forum rules box may indicate. It is only enabled for Admin accounts, for administrative use of linking pictures already within the site.
- When posting in the "Defender & General 4x4 Technical Discussions" section, please try to stay on topic. Helpful topics/posts in that section will be used in FAQ section and its just less that needs to be weeded out.
- If you use a pop-up blocker, you should disable it for use here on The D-90 Source as there are some funtions that are presented in pop-up format. There is no advertising pop-ups or software of any kind used on the site, so you wont need it enable here anyway.
- If you subcribe to threads and recieve the email notifications, you can not reply to the thread notifications via email when someone responds to your post or a thread you are subscribed. The system is not set up like a mailing list BBS and does not accept incoming replies to posts. You need to return to the thread in order for a reply to a topic to be posted or email the person directly. They will not post and get dumped as they hit the server. I have been getting a number of notices of these kinds of replies recently and the people you were trying to post/email back to will never get the message.
The site is optimized for IE 6+ so if you can, update to the latest and greatest your perticular browser brand. It will help make the most use of the funtions here on the forum and other sections of the site as they are pulled into the database. This has been tested on IE6, Safari, MAC IE5x and should be fully compatible with the latest versions of Mozilla and Firebird. If you use a pop-up blocker, you should disable it for use here on The D-90 Source as there are some funtions that are presented in pop-up format here and there. There is no advertising pop-ups or software of any kind, so you wont need it enable here anyway.