EX MOD Vehicle Section - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old June 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
EX MOD Vehicle Section

Do you think the increase in Ex MOD trucks coming in to the US would warrant a section specific to these trucks in the technical discussion area? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Michael110
Michael Dickin
1986 110 Tithonus - Now Sadly Sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
Do you think the increase in Ex MOD trucks coming in to the US would warrant a section specific to these trucks in the technical discussion area? Thanks
Sounds a good idea to me. Also, is there an ex military land rover association over here? Maybe we should try setting one up? Just a thought.
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
It could be a good thing. A lot of the parts work but not all. The Tithonus is a not like regular exmods or the NAS trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I thought about setting up some Ex-MOD forums and/or an Ex-MOD wiki on my ex-mod.org or ex-mod.info domains but I don't think there's enough traffic to justify.

There's not much that's so different about these trucks. Tithonus kits (discussed in the Tithonus photos thread), Clansman radios and the 24VDC system, and the NATO can lockers. That's about all I can think of, off the bat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Hd axles?
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:24 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
HD axles is a good example. BUT I think of other things we have in common and the fact that every day probably more and more Withams trucks are rolling on to US soil....
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Josh, I think what they're trying to say is that there aren't all that many differences between ex-mod defenders and other defenders, and that ex-mod defenders aren't all the same either; i.e. Tithonus vs. other ex-mods may have as many variations between them as any ex-mod vs. a defender for the civilian market.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Would we be the "cool" kids or dorks?
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Would be nice to plan an all exmod event though. I'm dying to use my 6 way light switch to drive with a group at night with only the convoy light illuminated.

Ok, I guess that makes me a dork!
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin
1986 110 Tithonus - Now Sadly Sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Would we be the "cool" kids or dorks?
Definitely dorks, I've survived so far with out having to be one of the cool kids, I'd hate to get off my game now! Ex mod trucks have a service life all of their own too, would be cool to work out if any of our trucks have served together in a past life.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

I would think making engine specific technical sections would be a good idea. I'm not certain what is so mechanically unique about an ex-mod that it would need its own section.

I know that when I need technical help I am able to search other forums and find it without even having to make a post.

I do understand that there will always be more content on a British Land Rover forum, but, at the very least, there should be a section for NAS trucks with common problems and repairs.
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I like the engine focused forum but wonder if it should be simply Diesel or gas orientated.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

We don't need focused forums. The tech forum doesn't get enough traffic as is. When you start splitting forums up, you end up with a bunch of ghost towns.

/
/
/
/
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Josh, I think what they're trying to say is that there aren't all that many differences between ex-mod defenders and other defenders, and that ex-mod defenders aren't all the same either; i.e. Tithonus vs. other ex-mods may have as many variations between them as any ex-mod vs. a defender for the civilian market.
I totally agree, def wasn't arguing this. Just figured I'd put it out there. I do like the engine specific area idea too.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
We don't need focused forums. The tech forum doesn't get enough traffic as is. When you start splitting forums up, you end up with a bunch of ghost towns.
Agree 100%. Keep it simple and leave it alone.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM
moose
Brett
Ex-Mod Tdi 110 Hard Top

Registry
I think the biggest difference between my Ex-Mod 110 and a regular 110 is the 12 extra layers of paint.

Brett
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:41 AM
GuamPilot
Mike & Carrie Wendt
1986 90 2.5NA

Registry
I joined Defender Source in March about the same time my wife and I bought our exMoD. This is also when I started my education about the Defender/110/90.

My first thought reading this thread was yes, another section. When I saw the suggestion about an exMoD engine section I thought that made sense as the 2.5D N/A seems to be rare except on exMoD.

But my personal experience here is all my questions have been answered quickly and usefully. So my humble opinion is I don't see a need for a change to the structure here at this time.
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:00 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuamPilot View Post
But my personal experience here is all my questions have been answered quickly and usefully. So my humble opinion is I don't see a need for a change to the structure here at this time.
This ^^^^^^^^^
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
these trucks definately have their unique atributes like the 24v alternator in ffr trucks. The anchor for my 7 ton sportfish weighs less.....

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

With the function of looking at "current" posts on the apps and the list on the list of the real website, the subsections are basically meaningless to me now unless I want to post in the classifieds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Tags
mod