Error messages - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:50 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Error messages

Hey gang... Mike reported seeing an odd error message every once in a while, and I got to see it myself today, looking something along these lines:
Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/showthread.php(1665) : eval()'d code on line 350

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
If you get this type of error message, please post back here with what you were trying to do at the time you got the message.

Thanks!

Update 08/05/04 - Last night the host did make a change to memory configuration that should fix these error messages. Please be sure to post back if you continue to get them.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2004, 12:18 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

CVC, I got it earlier today, but just "refresh"ed and didn't see it again. I don't remember what I was doing exactly, except perhaps checking out a post via the "active/new" menu bar.
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:42 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/showthread.php(1590) : eval()'d code on line 133

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Was in the dumb games section trying to open the golfing thread
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thanks Tyler & Ken.. it doesnt look like the host got to address it yet. Please keep posting back if you see it more and what you were doing so I can document it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old July 28th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12119 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/forumdisplay.php on line 246

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

when I clicked on the link for thr "For Sale - Parts " section, refreshed and all is ok.
Old July 28th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/showthread.php(1665) : eval()'d code on line 350

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/showthread.php(1590) : eval()'d code on line 76

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 737280 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/forumdisplay.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 332

Old July 29th, 2004, 04:06 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thanks Mike, keep posting back when you see that. It seems to be the same issue so just follow up with how many times you guys see it. Like I said, this is a configuration related issues on the hosts side that they need to make the change on. I want to document just how often it happens so I can show them it's not a random issue, they will be more motivated to make the change.

Quote:
[/size]
Old July 30th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/forumdisplay.php(246) : eval()'d code on line 91

Came up 2xs in a row

Follow-up Post:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9 bytes) in /home/virtual/site129/fst/var/www/html/forum/showthread.php(1665) : eval()'d code on line 397

Old July 30th, 2004, 04:34 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

OK.. just post when you get the message and not the message anymore. It definatly is the same issue, I just now need to really know how often its happening.

Thanks

Quote:
[/size]
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:02 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

got one!
Old August 4th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

GRRR, I just got 8 trying to get to this part of the forum, I tried posting 3 times and was rejected by the error message, and one before that I was trying to post about.
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:15 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ok.. let me send another email to the host. What basicly is happening, when you get the message of:
Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes...
the server's PHP settings are set too low for memory to accomidate this newer version of the software. They are still using an older setting of 8mb for PHP stuff when it should be bumped up to 16mb, which should stop the messages.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Okay, I just got that error message just now so I'm posting it here. I was trying to view the "o the humanity" thread. I hit the back button, tried again and it worked fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:36 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Update - Last night the host did make a change to memory configuration that should fix these error messages. Please be sure to post back if you continue to get them.

Thanks!

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:42 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Looks like the memory change has nipped this issue in the bud so I am removing the "Stickie" status of this thread for now. Should anyone see these messages start coming back, please let me know.

Thanks!

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions