Cannot UPLOAD PHOTOS: - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old October 6th, 2005, 09:43 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Cannot UPLOAD PHOTOS:

I'm trying to add a photo to Jimmy's Guinness post, and keep getting this error IN the popup screen:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There seems to have been a slight problem with the The D-90 Source database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2005, 09:54 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

And is the Tech section the proper place to be posting this in newbie?

What time waht this happening? The server was having a lot of trouble yesterday and looked like this morning.

BTW.. moving this to the correct section.

Follow-up Post:

test:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62_4.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	3979  

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:55 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Well, I had already asked your 'other' Moderator about it and nothing happened so I needed to grab your attention there Obi-One..

doh!

It happened the past 2 days, and just now. AND I tried to upload to this post with a size of 450x640 and still got it.

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

hmm.. seems ok for me.. what kind of pic are you trying to upload?

Follow-up Post:

try uploading it here in this thread, if it works here there may be a problem with that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:57 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

It's a .bmp that's 450x640

just tried it and got the same thing.

N

Old October 6th, 2005, 10:01 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hmm.. I got the error notification but when I try to open it, it crashed out my webmail. Try converting to a JPG and uploading it.

Looks like something strange is going on.

Quote:
[/size]
Old October 6th, 2005, 10:18 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Hmm.. That's strange, I opened it through Yahoo!, and the other 20 email servers I run and didn't have a problem... And it's also strange that even when I changed it to a .jpg it still happens. And I even had 3 graphics designers that I work with look at it and it looks fine.

I'll try this particular post too and see if it happens... If you see it it did, if you don't it didn't.

Nicholas

P.S. ... it didn't.
---
update:
I even cleared out my 'cache', restarted, registered as a 'new user', tried again, didn't work again...
I can help further but I doubt you want to give me access to the server, so something is up.

Old October 6th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

E-mail the pic over to me at telsa@rocketmail.com I'll try to post it here. And Yeah I was going to try and catch Chris on yahoo IM last night but he wasn't on when I was and I forgot to send it to him. Sorry!
Old October 6th, 2005, 10:33 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Oh no biggie... I know what it's like to deal with Tech Support calls/emails... trust me.

And it's just a funny pic, nothing that anyone 'needs' to fix the truck or anything pertinent.

Thanks Mike.

N

p.s. you guys could maybe try logging on as me... I can send you my password if it's greyed/asterisk'd out... I try that occassionally...

Old October 6th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Well the jpg did not come through when you e-maled it to me but the bmp did, tried to upload the bmp and the forum yelled at me. Windows didn't really think it was a BMP either so I changed it to a jpg and now it works. And I thought you were a computer guy Nic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heineken.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	3981  
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:03 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Hmm... Strange... Maybe it was the size as well.

Oh, and you know I'm a computer guy, but we don't write in FrontPage 98...

Thanks man...

N

Old October 6th, 2005, 03:31 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yeah something odd is going on.. I get an error email every time the upload bombs and I cant read the these particular error messages.

Quote:
[/size]
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I don't know Chris... But at least in my case 'Mike the Magical' helped me out as usual with 'the touch'.

We can chit chat offline about the server environment, platform etc... and maybe I can help. who knows...

I sent you that D90 RC information as you requested... and please put in a kind word for the notorious norros if you could.

OH, and our newest member 'jojodancer' was me... That was the user I created to 'test' for this particular post, you can delete at will if you'd like, I doubt I'll be bringing him to life.

Thank you,

Nicholas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions