A new off topic section - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions

Old March 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

A new off topic section

I initially came across the D-90 Source when looking for technical info regarding my own truck. I have found this site to be an invaluable source of LR related info & related topics.

I have sold & purchased many LR parts here and made a few friends along the way.

This Forum has grown & become a community with countless straight shooting members etc......

Every time i log on i see a large # of lurkers but few posts in proportion!

Worth a try but it may be a good idea to have an (off topic) section, were within reason such as NWS anything goes to spice things up a bit & for the members who are not looking for technical answers etc... to congregate & shoot the breeze!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2009, 09:45 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thats kind of what the Misc Chit Chat section is for already. Although I'm kind of split on totally letting it be "anything goes".

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Dredd
Harlan Boone

No Way!

I thought that's what discoweb was for.
Seriously, this is such a great resource I'd hate to see it turn into every other forum out there. The technical on-topic discussion is what makes this site great...for me at least.
HB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Seriously, this is such a great resource I'd hate to see it turn into every other forum out there. The technical on-topic discussion is what makes this site great...for me at least.
HB
I'm with you.
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I think most off-topic stuff here is still related somehow - I know a bunch of guys here that like BMW's, so we're sharing some OTR (other than Rover) BMW love in a separate thread. Everyone appreciates a fun artillery challenge or other dumb game from time to time, but I think very few want to sort through a deluge of way-off-topic material.

The issue demands some statement of submission/editorial policy, but I think the best policy is still "use your judgment" - and on those things where administrator/moderator judgment differs from the user, well, admin wins. I'm comfortable with this partly because this is generally such a well-behaved group that its almost never necessary to do anything at all, even though such a policy invites periodic abuse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
HB
The D-90 source is not & never will be like any other forum out there! This forum is above all related others by a long shot!

The technical, on-topic discussion is just one of the elements that makes this site great.

I am sure that any non LR related posts or threads in the MSC section will not take away from your overall D-90 Source experience!
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

I personally love this board the way it is... the useless crap and banter really does degrade the quality of a forum... we had that problem at landroversonly, but it did slow down thankfully. It's a pain clicking on "New Posts" and having 75% of them not Land Rover related at all... I personally visit these forums for 100% Land Rover related stuff... if I want funny stuff, I'll go google for "funny crap forums".
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

I agree with chrisvonc "Thats kind of what the Misc Chit Chat section is for already".

Also IMHO I feel there is no need to "spice things up" doing so will only degrade the membership.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Support & Suggestions