Take Off Tithonus Soft Top Complete Kit - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:11 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Take Off Tithonus Soft Top Complete Kit

We have a take off PVC soft top kit for a Tithonus 110. Complete with tailgate, all hardware and header bar. Rear window only as pictured.

Normal wear and tear but overall in decent shape.

$2000.00 Plus Shipping

Located in Orlando Florida

We are very busy please call the shop if interested 407.517.4983
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3188.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	148271   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3189.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	148272  

Name:	DSCN3190.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	148273   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3191.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	148274  

Name:	DSCN3193.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	148275   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3233.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	148276  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:16 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Smoking Deal... I know someone who wants this.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old April 28th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
Smoking Deal... I know someone who wants this.
But doesn't have any money :-(
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:49 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
But doesn't have any money :-(
He just bought everything and just needs the canvas, so he is passing.

When we spoke, he was in Uganda still trying to make it from Nairobi to Tanzania.
I have to stop giving directions after drinking the high gravity... he's misaligned because of my geographical misrepresentation.
Need to practice falling down in the parking lot to be ready the next time I meet up with this guy.
I need to keep a map handy, paper is probably best because we spend so much time off road where a handheld is useless unless it's satellite.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old May 9th, 2016, 02:00 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 9th, 2016, 02:08 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Smoking deal? I love Safari HP but a brand new PVC top is about $1000 + shipping.

/
/
/
/
Old May 9th, 2016, 02:19 PM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Try and get some of the over door panels ... not seen many for sale and the cheapest I saw advertised is 200 GBP a piece....

EMAIlL :

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old May 9th, 2016, 03:23 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I just used the standard galvanized over-door piece and galvanized B-pillar hoop and it seemed to fit just fine. I don't recall any issues.

/
/
/
/
Old May 9th, 2016, 06:24 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

The proper over the door parts are NLA and or very expensive. For a take off kit including the tailgate seemed like a fair price to me.

Buyer was happy to get the kit.

Old May 9th, 2016, 06:45 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I just used the standard galvanized over-door piece and galvanized B-pillar hoop and it seemed to fit just fine. I don't recall any issues.
Chris there is no doubt you have come up with a great solution, but the proper parts have been NLA for sometime now. Although it is expensive I ,knowing what I know about availability, didn't think it was high.
Old May 10th, 2016, 12:11 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
Chris there is no doubt you have come up with a great solution, but the proper parts have been NLA for sometime now. Although it is expensive I ,knowing what I know about availability, didn't think it was high.
No worries. I agree that the price was fair for the deal including NLA parts.

/
/
/
/
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:38 PM
WBSurfer
Chris
1995 RRC

Registry
With all the skills that guys have these days fabricating things, I can't imagine these few bits would be a huge challenge for guys like Brewie and some others.
Considering some of the highly technical cage builds, etc that have been done I'm sure the NLA Tithonus ST parts can be made.
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:07 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBSurfer View Post
With all the skills that guys have these days fabricating things, I can't imagine these few bits would be a huge challenge for guys like Brewie and some others. Considering some of the highly technical cage builds, etc that have been done I'm sure the NLA Tithonus ST parts can be made.
One would think that. The problem is they are extruded and handed.
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:45 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
For educational purposes, can somebody explain how these function any differently from the standard LR galvanized soft top over-door and B-pillar setup? I'm using that standard setup and it has gutters that the top slides neatly into. The only tiny difference is that the curve of the over-door piece is matched to the angle of a standard ST truck, not the more steep Tithonus curve.

/
/
/
/
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:17 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
For educational purposes, can somebody explain how these function any differently from the standard LR galvanized soft top over-door and B-pillar setup? I'm using that standard setup and it has gutters that the top slides neatly into. The only tiny difference is that the curve of the over-door piece is matched to the angle of a standard ST truck, not the more steep Tithonus curve.
As I have said before, you have a great solution. I guess it could be compared to the difference of series tailgate chains and defender tailgate cables.
I will post some pics and you can decide for yourself.
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:25 AM
WBSurfer
Chris
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Hey Abe....what do you mean by "extruded and handed"?

I'm thinking with the amount of Tithonus trucks that are out there and the amount of people that would like to be able to go from HT to ST depending on season, someone out there in the fab world can do these somewhat more easily than the other technical stuff being built.

If anyone with fab skills out there has some words to chime in I'd be interested to hear what your response is to making the bits for ST conversion.
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:32 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Both the horizontal and vertical pieces are extruded stock, both of those pieces are different stock so it took 2 dies to make them. Also they are handed , meaning they are cut different for each side of the truck.
Old May 11th, 2016, 01:04 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBSurfer View Post
If anyone with fab skills out there has some words to chime in I'd be interested to hear what your response is to making the bits for ST conversion.
Again, you don't need this NLA part to run a ST on a Tithonus. The standard LR ST bits fit just fine and seem to be perfectly compatible with the PVC Wolf tops.

But, there may be an advantage to running a kit like Safari HP is selling. It's tough to say without seeing it and I am genuinely curious. Perhaps it's a better fit. The standard galvanized bits need adjustment and you're still left with the drafty soft top like you'd have on a NAS truck. I really want to see some pics of what this NLA parts kit looks like installed.

/
/
/
/
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:36 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sorry guys I worked late and couldn't get pics.
Old May 20th, 2016, 06:34 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

We removed a Titonus soft top today for a project and took some pictures of the proper Wolf Style soft top seals around the door frame. While I do think that the standard soft top door parts will work with a Tithonus this is the fitment of the proper Wolf Cage Parts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN3409.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	149940   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3410.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	149941  

Name:	DSCN3411.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	149942   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3412.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	149943  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
kit, soft top, tithonus, top