Tactical Edition Seat Cover Preview - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Kexby
Status: Offline
Tony
L322
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 123
Tactical Edition Seat Cover Preview

Our new Tactical front seat covers are out of prototyping and the first set is installed. We've gone through a LOT of design work on these, and we're finally (very) happy with the end product. Molle on the front (behind your knees), on the inner shoulder and across the back with Velcro for morale patches on the back of the headrest. I'm running mine with a multi-tool sheath on the front on one side and flashlight on the other, iPhone holder on the shoulder (bluetooth works great and the phone is out of harms way), and first aid on the back. The kids will be getting drop pouches on the seat backs to store their treasures and I may well wind up running a hydration bladder on each seat. These expand the utility of the truck infinitely and keep your essentials close at hand.

These are a direct result of input from the defender community and we're very happy to be able to bring them to market.

More (and better) pictures are coming shortly but I wanted to show these off immediately. They'll be on our site shortly and will come in at $325 for the front set. As ever, happy to answer any questions via PM, email (sales@kexbylimited.com) or via our web site (www.kexbylimited.com).

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tactical back web.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	76898   Click image for larger version

Name:	tactical front web.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	76899  

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Bill Larson's Avatar
Bill Larson
Status: Offline
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AUS
Posts: 6,563
Very nice Tony
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
josh-man's Avatar
josh-man
Status: Offline
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: new england
Posts: 1,635
Registry
The integration of the molle system in to a seat cover is very nice.

I run these (below) on a number of work vehicles. I think the integration in to a seat cover is nice because you can have molle loops on the sides of the seats, not just the back panel. Consider a patch of Velcro on your design for tear-away pouches, such as a med kit.

The only advantage I see to a panel such as the below one is that when I'm solo in my truck, for example, I run the panel in reverse so all my gear is secure but in the front of the passenger seat so its easy to access. I'm I'm riding double, I just flip it around.

Nice adaptation of your product.
Josh

http://www.originalsoegear.com/seatbackpanel.html
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Baldewin's Avatar
Baldewin
Status: Offline
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Republican Sanctuary of CA
Posts: 877
Tony, are these going to be black, OD, tan?

Thx,
__________________
Chris
“Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes”
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan
Status: Offline
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Nevada City
Posts: 1,719
Registry
Make them in tan and for a Discovery 1 seat for 96-99.
__________________
Do not read the next sentence.

You little rebel, I like you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
mightymo's Avatar
mightymo
Status: Offline
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 287
Registry
Excited about more pics. These look/sound great! Planning on doing the 60/40 split rear seat for the 110/130 seats?
__________________
--------------------------
1995 Disco 300TDI
1991 D130 (SOLD)
1997 D90 NAS (SOLD)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,926
Chris: yes, all colors, the only thing we are finalizing is trying to get strapping that matches the fabric as closely as possible. The black is dead on.

Matthew: disco seats will be coming shortly, though we haven't had much demand for them. Consequently I've been hesitant to put in the investment prototyping them.

(Other) Matthew: we already are offering covers for the 60/40s. Check out the web site!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Chris: yes, all colors, the only thing we are finalizing is trying to get strapping that matches the fabric as closely as possible. The black is dead on.

Matthew: disco seats will be coming shortly, though we haven't had much demand for them. Consequently I've been hesitant to put in the investment prototyping them.

(Other) Matthew: we already are offering covers for the 60/40s. Check out the web site!
Call Tony at Excel sewing in Passaic NJ. He will have the mild spec strapping that matches. I would also recommend pricing out your Velcro and zippers through him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ray_G's Avatar
Ray_G
Status: Offline
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,636
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Matthew: disco seats will be coming shortly, though we haven't had much demand for them. Consequently I've been hesitant to put in the investment prototyping them.
Whatever!

Bring those things on and make my hauling that seat out of the PnP worth it!

For those that are interested in these covers writ large, as I alluded to in the RRC related thread, they're fantastic. Took a look at the ones on Tony's truck this am, def look very good and the MOLLE setup adds a lot of functionality.

Looking forward to the D1 version, perhaps the masses will awaken and the economy of scale you'll get from Disco production will help out.
r-
Ray
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,926
Design on these is complete and they're ready to order!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
crobinson
Status: Offline
Chris Robinson
97' D1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Whatever!

Bring those things on and make my hauling that seat out of the PnP worth it!

For those that are interested in these covers writ large, as I alluded to in the RRC related thread, they're fantastic. Took a look at the ones on Tony's truck this am, def look very good and the MOLLE setup adds a lot of functionality.

Looking forward to the D1 version, perhaps the masses will awaken and the economy of scale you'll get from Disco production will help out.
r-
Ray
I'm also interested in the D1 version.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
I am interested on d3 ones ;-)
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,926
D1 is going to be next!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,926
Pictures are online and they're set to order on our site for defender and RRC
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:34 PM
LostChord's Avatar
LostChord
Status: Offline
Brian
86 D110 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,313
Registry
Tony - any more of these available?

Many thanks - brian
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Greenbull's Avatar
Greenbull
Status: Offline
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,043
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kexby View Post
Our new Tactical front seat covers are out of prototyping and the first set is installed. We've gone through a LOT of design work on these, and we're finally (very) happy with the end product. Molle on the front (behind your knees), on the inner shoulder and across the back with Velcro for morale patches on the back of the headrest. I'm running mine with a multi-tool sheath on the front on one side and flashlight on the other, iPhone holder on the shoulder (bluetooth works great and the phone is out of harms way), and first aid on the back. The kids will be getting drop pouches on the seat backs to store their treasures and I may well wind up running a hydration bladder on each seat. These expand the utility of the truck infinitely and keep your essentials close at hand.

These are a direct result of input from the defender community and we're very happy to be able to bring them to market.

More (and better) pictures are coming shortly but I wanted to show these off immediately. They'll be on our site shortly and will come in at $325 for the front set. As ever, happy to answer any questions via PM, email (sales@kexbylimited.com) or via our web site (www.kexbylimited.com).

Tony
Tony,

These look awesome. I'm in for my defender. Waiting on the d3s as well!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Abrooks's Avatar
Abrooks
Status: Offline
Tony Brooks
.
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 4,926
Yup, I don't think we have any tacticals ready to ship (2 more went out last week), but we can easily put them in the queue. Best to place the order through the website, it goes right to the shop.

And thanks for the orders, the business is really appreciated!

Tony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:00 PM
ruggedalaskaman's Avatar
ruggedalaskaman
Status: Offline
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 176
Registry
Tony,

I was just on the site....are there photos of the tactical covers? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Baldewin's Avatar
Baldewin
Status: Offline
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Republican Sanctuary of CA
Posts: 877
If you remind me on Friday I will take pictures of the black ones I have.
__________________
Chris
“Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes”
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:38 PM
ruggedalaskaman's Avatar
ruggedalaskaman
Status: Offline
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 176
Registry
Thanks Chris! Reminder entered in
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ac, cover

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Seat Cover boshea Wanted 3 February 1st, 2006 11:01 PM
Disco Axle, Tire Cover, D-90 top, D-90 rear seat, Safari Gard Bumper m016324 For Sale - Parts 17 January 4th, 2006 09:20 AM
Need Ac Vent And Cover Seat Base Over Battery FREEDOM Wanted 2 May 29th, 2005 12:19 AM
FS: D-90 Parts (Bikini Top, front bumper, wagon seat back cover, shift lever bezel dzientek For Sale - Parts 5 March 16th, 2005 12:09 PM
Wanted: D-90 seat back trim cover/ driver's side side step dzientek Wanted 2 August 23rd, 2004 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Copyright