Tactical Edition Seat Cover Preview - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Tactical Edition Seat Cover Preview

Our new Tactical front seat covers are out of prototyping and the first set is installed. We've gone through a LOT of design work on these, and we're finally (very) happy with the end product. Molle on the front (behind your knees), on the inner shoulder and across the back with Velcro for morale patches on the back of the headrest. I'm running mine with a multi-tool sheath on the front on one side and flashlight on the other, iPhone holder on the shoulder (bluetooth works great and the phone is out of harms way), and first aid on the back. The kids will be getting drop pouches on the seat backs to store their treasures and I may well wind up running a hydration bladder on each seat. These expand the utility of the truck infinitely and keep your essentials close at hand.

These are a direct result of input from the defender community and we're very happy to be able to bring them to market.

More (and better) pictures are coming shortly but I wanted to show these off immediately. They'll be on our site shortly and will come in at $325 for the front set. As ever, happy to answer any questions via PM, email (sales@kexbylimited.com) or via our web site (www.kexbylimited.com).

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tactical back web.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	76898   Click image for larger version

Name:	tactical front web.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	76899  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Very nice Tony
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
The integration of the molle system in to a seat cover is very nice.

I run these (below) on a number of work vehicles. I think the integration in to a seat cover is nice because you can have molle loops on the sides of the seats, not just the back panel. Consider a patch of Velcro on your design for tear-away pouches, such as a med kit.

The only advantage I see to a panel such as the below one is that when I'm solo in my truck, for example, I run the panel in reverse so all my gear is secure but in the front of the passenger seat so its easy to access. I'm I'm riding double, I just flip it around.

Nice adaptation of your product.
Josh

http://www.originalsoegear.com/seatbackpanel.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Tony, are these going to be black, OD, tan?

Thx,
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Make them in tan and for a Discovery 1 seat for 96-99.

You little rebel, I like you.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
Excited about more pics. These look/sound great! Planning on doing the 60/40 split rear seat for the 110/130 seats?
1997 D90 NAS (SOLD)
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Chris: yes, all colors, the only thing we are finalizing is trying to get strapping that matches the fabric as closely as possible. The black is dead on.

Matthew: disco seats will be coming shortly, though we haven't had much demand for them. Consequently I've been hesitant to put in the investment prototyping them.

(Other) Matthew: we already are offering covers for the 60/40s. Check out the web site!

Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Chris: yes, all colors, the only thing we are finalizing is trying to get strapping that matches the fabric as closely as possible. The black is dead on.

Matthew: disco seats will be coming shortly, though we haven't had much demand for them. Consequently I've been hesitant to put in the investment prototyping them.

(Other) Matthew: we already are offering covers for the 60/40s. Check out the web site!
Call Tony at Excel sewing in Passaic NJ. He will have the mild spec strapping that matches. I would also recommend pricing out your Velcro and zippers through him.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Whatever!

Bring those things on and make my hauling that seat out of the PnP worth it!

For those that are interested in these covers writ large, as I alluded to in the RRC related thread, they're fantastic. Took a look at the ones on Tony's truck this am, def look very good and the MOLLE setup adds a lot of functionality.

Looking forward to the D1 version, perhaps the masses will awaken and the economy of scale you'll get from Disco production will help out.
r-
Ray
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Design on these is complete and they're ready to order!

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
crobinson
Chris Robinson
97' D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Whatever!

Bring those things on and make my hauling that seat out of the PnP worth it!

For those that are interested in these covers writ large, as I alluded to in the RRC related thread, they're fantastic. Took a look at the ones on Tony's truck this am, def look very good and the MOLLE setup adds a lot of functionality.

Looking forward to the D1 version, perhaps the masses will awaken and the economy of scale you'll get from Disco production will help out.
r-
Ray
I'm also interested in the D1 version.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I am interested on d3 ones ;-)
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

D1 is going to be next!

Old August 29th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Pictures are online and they're set to order on our site for defender and RRC

Old February 8th, 2015, 09:34 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Tony - any more of these available?

Many thanks - brian
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kexby View Post
Our new Tactical front seat covers are out of prototyping and the first set is installed. We've gone through a LOT of design work on these, and we're finally (very) happy with the end product. Molle on the front (behind your knees), on the inner shoulder and across the back with Velcro for morale patches on the back of the headrest. I'm running mine with a multi-tool sheath on the front on one side and flashlight on the other, iPhone holder on the shoulder (bluetooth works great and the phone is out of harms way), and first aid on the back. The kids will be getting drop pouches on the seat backs to store their treasures and I may well wind up running a hydration bladder on each seat. These expand the utility of the truck infinitely and keep your essentials close at hand.

These are a direct result of input from the defender community and we're very happy to be able to bring them to market.

More (and better) pictures are coming shortly but I wanted to show these off immediately. They'll be on our site shortly and will come in at $325 for the front set. As ever, happy to answer any questions via PM, email (sales@kexbylimited.com) or via our web site (www.kexbylimited.com).

Tony
Tony,

These look awesome. I'm in for my defender. Waiting on the d3s as well!
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Yup, I don't think we have any tacticals ready to ship (2 more went out last week), but we can easily put them in the queue. Best to place the order through the website, it goes right to the shop.

And thanks for the orders, the business is really appreciated!

Tony

Old February 8th, 2015, 10:00 PM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
Tony,

I was just on the site....are there photos of the tactical covers? Thanks
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

If you remind me on Friday I will take pictures of the black ones I have.
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:38 PM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
Thanks Chris! Reminder entered in

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ac, cover