Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:38 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Slickrock Defender 90 Sliders

Hi everyone,

We are getting ready to release our Defender 90 Rock sliders in the coming months and I need a few Defender owners that want a great deal on a set of rock sliders for providing feedback.

Pictures of prototype sliders can be seen here (new version will have some minor changes)
http://www.slickrockfabrication.com/90sliders.htm

Currently I am looking for owners of different years and models that are willing to install the sliders and provide us with photos and feedback including but not limited to fit, finish, install, over all design and even how the packaging arrived from the shipper.

Ideally I would like to be able to select one truck from each of the following but this is subject to change.

1994 NAS D90
1995 NAS D90
1997 NAS D90
Non NAS D90

The pictures may potentially be used on our website so we would prefer that the owner be willing to allow the use of the photos and feedback.

If you are interested please send the following information along with 1 picture (or link to pictures) to the email address in my profile

Defender information
Year
Color
Model SW or ST
Major or minor accidents
Are Rock Sliders currently installed? If so what brand?

Personal information
Level of mechanical ability
Number of days you use your Defender off road per year
Digital or Film camera?

For you effort/ time you will receive the sliders at a severely reduced price

Additionally I am looking for a Defender 90 that I can do a final test fit of our rock sliders on here in Colorado. Currently I have the prototype sliders installed on a few Defenders but I have made a few minor changes and would like to verify the fit of the sliders prior to welding the first batch.

Thanks,

Dave Lucas
www.slickrockfabrication.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:43 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Look for an email from me Dave for your '94 tester. You know I have been waiting on these babies.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old September 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Dave,

You have mail. 97 SW tester. They look sweet. Any plans on adding jacking points for a hi-lift similar to the Mantec?

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2004, 10:38 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Dave,

Oh man... Let me do it!! I've been saying to folks for the last few months.. .'You know, I need better sliders.. These home made jobs just aren't cutting it'. I'll put these through anything you want... we've got lots of rocks up here you know... and I'm heading to Raush Creek in October... That should test 'em!

95 SW.

Please, please, please!!!! (you have mail)
Old September 27th, 2004, 01:25 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Dave -

If you need or want two NAS 94 testers, let me know..

Keith
Old October 13th, 2004, 01:40 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Everyone that sent me an email should have a reply.

Thank you all for the over whelming response, I really appreciate your willingness to provide feedback about the sliders.
Old January 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
When will these be released??
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:38 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Will I be able to buy the D90 sliders on EE too ? Can I pay more ??

I had to.

booooooo yah.

I'll probably take a set once you figure out the price. Or if you need a 95 D90 SW tester.

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 27th, 2005, 12:55 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Keith,

I had a few delays that have pushed things back a little. I have several sets sitting here but the person that was allowing me to test fit the sliders on his Defender sold it a few weeks back. One set is being sent out this week so a board member can test fit them and make sure everything is good to go. After that I will be sending them out to the people that agreed to provide feedback and once the feedback is returned they will go into full production.

Nicholas,

I believe you will be able to get them from EE when they are available but it is up to John and Ho if they want to carry them or not (price will be the same from me or EE)

As far as the price increase goes it had very little to do with EE carrying my products. I adjusted the prices approximately a month ago in order to keep up with the rising costs of supplies.

I have tried to hold off increasing my prices over the last year when others were increasing prices due to the rising cost of steel, shipping, fuel and pretty much everything else. I had hoped that the prices would come back down but unfortunately they continue to rise and I have to adapt.

Additionally I do not want to simply disappear like many of the other business that manufacture/ sell parts specifically for Land Rovers. I am in this for the long haul and plan to keep developing new products and grow the business. Hopefully customers will understand that the small increase is necessary to sustain the business and provide them with excellent products / service.

Needless to say I am very excited about Expedition Exchange offering my products. I have no doubt that John and Ho will take good care of my customers and provide them with excellent service.

Dave
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:17 AM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Hey don't sweat it Dave, it sounds like smart business to me. Opening distribution channels outside your own website is the best thing you can do. EE get's some crap on this board and others, but I still know a lot of guys who buy from them. I've always gotten great service when I order, and I use their website all the time for research/advice on all kinds of parts. I may not always agree with their opinions, (Hella vs. Pia or Lightforce, etc) but I appreciate them. They're good guys, running a good Rover business that's supportive of Rover clubs (I know this first hand). And if that allows you to focus more on building us killing parts at good prices, even better
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
NashvilleRedD90
Will Peters
'97 NAS D90 ST #1704 -4.6

If you are still looking for anyone with a red 97 soft top that hits the trails every few days to test them out let me know.

Will Peters
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Are these for sale yet?
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:47 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I made a batch of them but the current design was cost prohibitive and did not sell well. I may try to simplify the design in the future but not at the moment.

Sorry,
Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

I'm your non-NAS D90 tester for future prototypes....
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:51 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

I have a black 97' ST, I'm in nashville and I'm looking for something a little more beefed up than my SG's
Old November 28th, 2010, 04:45 PM
PMKColorado
Paul Koentges
'95 White D-90, #2625

sliders

sent PM

'95 ST
Golden, CO

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
90, defender 90, slide