Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old February 1st, 2015, 01:32 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Series-Defender Outfitters 20% OFF SALE!

In anticipation of some of our new products coming out in March (many of which have been in development/prototyping for the past year!) - and in order to clear some inventory space - SDO is having a 20% OFF SALE for everything currently in stock. Sale will run from now until March 1st, 2015.

To receive the 20% discount, you may either use the direct PayPal links below to purchase the individual products OR you can input the coupon code “SDO-SALE” at checkout via the website www.SeriesDefender.com if making multiple product purchases (that way shipping charges will be combined):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(***ALL PRODUCTS ARE CNC MILLED FROM SOLID 6061 ALUMINUM, WITH BLACK POWERDERCOATED FINISH***)

Wingtop Vents (Standard Set)note: individual sides & “solid top” vents available for purchase direct on the web
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/wingt...ry-config.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=UW6WMFLYXSCME
Click image for larger version

Name:	wingtop vent-left.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	112496 Click image for larger version

Name:	wingtop vent-right.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	112497 Click image for larger version

Name:	wingtop vent-solid.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	112498

300Tdi/Td5/Puma Side Intake Vent
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/intak...d-300-td5.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=JXZP644GZ5YWQ

Name:	Side Intake Vent-300Tdi.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	112494

200 Tdi Side Intake Vent
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/intak...ndard-200.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=R8QMSTY29LUWJ

Name:	Side Intake Vent-200Tdi.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	112493

Soft Top Clips (rear window crossbar retaining clips)
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/clips...top-clips.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=YXVRRAK34E24Q

Name:	soft-top clips.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	112495

Center Dash Face Plates (various configurations below)

NAS Standard config
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/face/...panel-nas.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=UKGZ7TZMPY63U

Name:	dashplate-nas1.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	112487 Click image for larger version

Name:	dashplate-nas2.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	112488

NAS Carling-switch config
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/face/...l-nascarl.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=JETCSRJ5X9VYC

Name:	dashplate-nascarl1.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	112489 Click image for larger version

Name:	dashplate-nascarl2.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	112490

VDO / Round Gauges config
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/face/...panel-vdo.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=RZLBUVU6E3NKN

Name:	dashplate-vdo1.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	112491 Click image for larger version

Name:	dashplate-vdo2.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	112492

(6) Carling-switches config
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/face/...l-carling.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=AKUYAQBPKVPEC

Name:	dashplate-carling1.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	112485 Click image for larger version

Name:	dashplate-carling2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	112486

(2) 12V & (4) Carling-switches config
Website view: https://www.seriesdefender.com/face/...2vcarling.html
Paypal “direct purchase” button: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=CTP9CSJD3HAEU

Name:	dashplate-12Vcarling1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	112483 Click image for larger version

Name:	dashplate-12Vcarling2.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	112484

NEW PRODUCTS COMING SOON!
As mentioned above, we have a plethora of new products that *should* be hitting the market around the March timeframe (though some will be + or – as testing & fitment dictates for the current prototypes). Some products, such as the front grill & headlight surrounds, have been on the drawing board and prototyped for fitment over the past year and after some tweaks are just about ready to be rolled out for production:

Defender Front Grill: a stout 3/16” thick solid CNC milled aluminum, featuring 5/8” diameter octagonal vent holes for plenty of airflow (and in the octagonal design to complement the Wingtop Vent hole style), and the top 3” of the grill will be form-rolled to match the curvature of the Defender grill surround, and finally powdercoated black for a durable finish. As we all know the factory grill is extremely flimsy plastic, yet behind that grill is housed one of your most vulnerable components – your radiator, which if damaged can leave you stranded on the trail or on the road. With our 3/16” thick front grill this will withstand branches, sticks, rocks, swords (?!), etc...essentially "bullet proof". Heck – you could drive a golf ball into this grill at highway speeds and it would barely even dimple it . Renderings below, mockup has long since been completed and the prototype is making the rounds now for final test fitting. As a follow-up to this version of the grill, we will also most likely be offering custom / one-off versions of this for folks that want a “cutout” to fit a winch/winch-tray up front. Many people run into issues with the plastic factory grill, and either flex it in or cut the portion of the grill out to fit their winch configuration (I am one of those, to house my Warn 10K).

Headlight Surrounds: these are still being subjected to a few changes so may be on the longer end of the release-time, but will also be solid CNC milled aluminum and will complement the Front Grill above as well from a design standpoint. Currently these will be the ‘93/’94/’95 NAS and ROW vehicle configuration only (for the marker light & turn signal screw mounting holes)…the ’97 design (which has different mounting requirements for the lower turn signal lights) may be produced separately down the road.

Defrost Dash Vent Trim: these are the front dash windscreen demister/defrost vent trim pieces, which tend to warp/distort over time from heat & sun damage. Current design for the initial release is just for the 14.5” long #BTR912, but if demand is there may consider producing the smaller 10.5” #MTC6040 vent as well (for earlier 1983-(~)1986/1987 ROW trucks). Renderings below.

Interior Door Pull/Grab Handles: this is a replacement for the interior door pull / grab handle #YGA451L (all years) that will fit any Defender (SW, ST, etc). It will likewise be CNC milled from one-piece solid bar aluminum, and powdercoated black for a durable finish. A robust upgrade for the interior door panel, and certainly an aesthetic upgrade as well…the “flaps” feature (to cover the screw hole) will be removed and a through-hole mounting point used instead to avoid the inevitable broken/missing flap (which is both annoying and unpleasant).

NAS Rubbing Strip/Seat Bracket: these are the plastic strips that screw to the back of the seats in the NAS truck, but I believe in most other model year Defenders as well (original part #MWC6106PCB). It essentially keeps the seat back material from rubbing/tearing on the NAS cage or anything else behind when in the fully reclined position. This falls into the “more of an annoyance” category since these tend to break/crack at the screw-hole mounting points over time, so are likewise being replicated from one-piece solid bar aluminum and CNC milled / powdercoated black.

Dash Grab Handle: this is the right-hand grab handle (passenger side) for any LHD or NAS truck (original part #MTC6142). Currently in mockup, this will soon be prototyped to a CNC milled from one-piece solid bar aluminum piece to replace the plastic grab handle – finished product will likewise be powdercoated black. Depending on demand, may consider producing the same version for RHD trucks as well (original part #MTC6143).

Bonnet Hinges: doing away with the steel version of the bonnet hinges, and producing a CNC milled set from one-piece solid bar aluminum. These will remain bare/uncoated to allow them to be painted to match vehicle color.

NAS & ROW Lower Dash Switch Plates: these are the lower switch panels by the drivers’ knee, and on the ROW trucks house the interior & dash lights, hazard switch, etc (ROW original part #MTC2640). On the NAS trucks, this is where the infamous dash light 2-way switch is (which essentially means it can be set to “low” and “barely visible”….the switch is also better known as the “don’t EVER touch that!” switch). These switch plates will be custom made for both the NAS & ROW locations, slightly enlarging the switch plate (but still fitting to the space allotted) and configured to hold (3) Carling switches instead of the factory ROW & NAS switches. This upgrade may not be for everyone, but frankly after discovering the astronomical price of the ROW Hazard Switch and the shoddy construction of the interior & dash light switches – going Carling and never looking back has been a blessing and I’m sure others will benefit from this upgrade as well.

Retro “Land Rover” Tire Covers: simple, elegant, and will use the retro “Z” style logo.

Rear NAS Soft-Top Seatbelt Webbing/Strap Holder: this product is still in the design phase, but is spawned by the continually annoying rattling/flapping of the rear seatbelts in the NAS 90 when not in use. While I’ve used a cheap fix to just Velcro-wrap my belts to the cage when not in use, it becomes cumbersome to continually wrap/unwrap them. Permanent fix is being investigated, with the aim to have a bracket that will strap around the cage and allow the seatbelts to easily/quickly be tucked in when not in use.

Many more products in the “concept & design stage”: lot’s more in the pipeline…continue to stay tuned or contact us with anything you’d like to see us improve or bring to production!

Name:	625 octogon top view.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	112482 Click image for larger version

Name:	625 octogon angle view.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	112479 Click image for larger version

Name:	625 octogon detail2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	112480 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash vent top view.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	112499 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash vent angled view.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	112500 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash vent bottom angled view.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	112502 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash vent bottom angled view 2.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	112501 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash vent side view.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	112503
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:01 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Damn you Lav, damn you! PP sent for 4 switch/12V doodad.
Old February 1st, 2015, 02:29 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
Damn you Lav, damn you! PP sent for 4 switch/12V doodad.
Hate me now, but thank me later . Order received, it'll ship tomorrow and you'll receive tracking info automatically via email.

Thanks!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:53 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
There's about five things here that I need. Must sell some crap ASAP to buy. Naow.
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:10 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Hate me now, but thank me later . Order received, it'll ship tomorrow and you'll receive tracking info automatically via email. Thanks!
The problem is that I had to put an order into Mud as well, AND you tempt us with more goodies. Sign me up for the drivers side 3 switch panel and some of that other garbage you're dremeling in your garage. Also very interested to see your design for the bonnet hinge and dash grab bar.

In all seriousness, this stuff is absolutely awesome. Great work and thanks!
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:38 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Jason - just put an order in for the VDO center.

Also interested in the new items. Lots of great stuff! Any idea when the Defrost Dash Vent Trim and Dash Grab Handle will be available? And price range? I am working on putting my dash together and those would be 2 nice pieces to add with the center VDO panel.
Old February 1st, 2015, 04:08 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Jason - just put an order in for the VDO center.

Also interested in the new items. Lots of great stuff! Any idea when the Defrost Dash Vent Trim and Dash Grab Handle will be available? And price range? I am working on putting my dash together and those would be 2 nice pieces to add with the center VDO panel.
Order received - and will ship tomorrow with everyone else's orders received so far. Tracking info will come via email automatically to the email on your PayPal account.

The Defrost Dash Vent Trim is pretty much "there", and for that I'd say probably March should be spot-on (though possibly slightly before). The Dash Grab Handle is in rough/mock-up mode, so may be a little further off (admittedly).

Prices are still TBD, mainly from the perspective of trying to pin-point materials costs based on quantity for the production run for each product. Tooling/mill time is nailed down for the Dash Vent Trim, it's the Dash Grab Handle that I'm trying to get a "handle" on from a time standpoint (pun intended). But, the goal is not to price this stuff out of the stratosphere - they are parts we all need and can benefit from, and will increase the functionality and longevity of these rigs.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 1st, 2015, 04:20 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
The problem is that I had to put an order into Mud as well, AND you tempt us with more goodies. Sign me up for the drivers side 3 switch panel and some of that other garbage you're dremeling in your garage. Also very interested to see your design for the bonnet hinge and dash grab bar.

In all seriousness, this stuff is absolutely awesome. Great work and thanks!
Definitely the the Hazard Switch and whatnot from MUD...you'll wonder why you ever went without it (and how you lived with the NAS hazard)!

For the driver-side 3-switch panel, the ROW one is done and tested...but I still need to do the same with the NAS version (it's a slightly different size area I'm dealing with). Don't see any major obstacles, and I for one will be happy to get rid of the intermittent and temperamental "dash light" 2-position switch. Will keep you posted on this, as well as the hinges & grab handle.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 1st, 2015, 08:01 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Yep, got the Carling Dual USB, On/Off, Red Hazard, and some other junk I just "had" to have. .
Old February 1st, 2015, 09:38 PM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

This is awesome! Can't wait for the new products. Will we see door hinges from you at some point? If someone could do something similar to the Cryotech ones for a better price I bet you wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders. The door handles will be great too. It would be nice to see all the other door bits like Icon does available to the public as well
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:13 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Great price! My wing vents are eff'n nice. I was at Cars & Coffee couple weeks back and this Ferrari guy comes over. The first thing he noticed was the vent on the DS. He said that's impressive, usually that would be a cheap plastic part.

I just smiled.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:17 AM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Nathan -

Aluminum bonnet hinges - that's a total head slap / why didn't Rover think of that! I hate how Rover mix-matched steel and aluminum together in so many places.

Plus - on almost every old truck I have seen - the steel hinges age / weather poorly compared to the aluminum bonnet.
Sterling, VA
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:52 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
This is awesome! Can't wait for the new products. Will we see door hinges from you at some point? If someone could do something similar to the Cryotech ones for a better price I bet you wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders. The door handles will be great too. It would be nice to see all the other door bits like Icon does available to the public as well
I've seen the Britpart hinges, I assume they're similar? I kicked around this idea awhile back but then it sort of went by the wayside. There is quite a bit of engineering involved, and at the time it was looking too cost prohibitive. But maybe I'll revisit it as well, since yes I know many of us could benefit from alloy hinges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Great price! My wing vents are eff'n nice. I was at Cars & Coffee couple weeks back and this Ferrari guy comes over. The first thing he noticed was the vent on the DS. He said that's impressive, usually that would be a cheap plastic part.

I just smiled.
The Brits do love their cheap plastic parts on these rigs...nice that someone from a "high brow" car noticed the upgraded piece of kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanshort View Post
Nathan -

Aluminum bonnet hinges - that's a total head slap / why didn't Rover think of that! I hate how Rover mix-matched steel and aluminum together in so many places.

Plus - on almost every old truck I have seen - the steel hinges age / weather poorly compared to the aluminum bonnet.
Bingo. Anything to avoid the galvanic corrosion, coupled with the fact that I've always just felt the bonnet hinges look "unsightly".
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Stupid question and no, I didn't have time to read the whole thread: will the "bare" bonnet hinge color be black? Cause black works nice with arles. At least for me.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post
Stupid question and no, I didn't have time to read the whole thread: will the "bare" bonnet hinge color be black? Cause black works nice with arles. At least for me.
So actually the "bare" bonnet hinges will be the standard/unfinished aluminum color....however, after I typed the above I sort of thought that it may not be a bad idea to keep some black powdercoated bonnet hinges on hand and include that as an "option" for folks (i.e. "bare" or "black powdercoat"). I, like you, thought the same thing that a black hinge may go well against certain colors and may actually be a preference for some folks.

NOTE: of course, this is all once they are "DONE" from a production standpoint - keep in mind this is for the new release of products in the ~March timeframe.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:24 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Awesome. I would happily pay moar cash dollars for that option. My pending door swap will have black hinges, so it could theoretically match nicely.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Everyone that ordered yesterday/today - your orders have shipped. You should have received an automated email with shipping & tracking info. If you did not for any reason, please pm me.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
man, this is incredible stuff!
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:57 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post

NEW PRODUCTS COMING SOON!
As mentioned above, we have a plethora of new products that *should* be hitting the market around the March timeframe (though some will be + or – as testing & fitment dictates for the current prototypes). Some products, such as the front grill & headlight surrounds, have been on the drawing board and prototyped for fitment over the past year and after some tweaks are just about ready to be rolled out for production:

Defender Front Grill: a stout 3/16” thick solid CNC milled aluminum, featuring 5/8” diameter octagonal vent holes for plenty of airflow (and in the octagonal design to complement the Wingtop Vent hole style), and the top 3” of the grill will be form-rolled to match the curvature of the Defender grill surround, and finally powdercoated black for a durable finish. As we all know the factory grill is extremely flimsy plastic, yet behind that grill is housed one of your most vulnerable components – your radiator, which if damaged can leave you stranded on the trail or on the road. With our 3/16” thick front grill this will withstand branches, sticks, rocks, swords (?!), etc...essentially "bullet proof". Heck – you could drive a golf ball into this grill at highway speeds and it would barely even dimple it . Renderings below, mockup has long since been completed and the prototype is making the rounds now for final test fitting. As a follow-up to this version of the grill, we will also most likely be offering custom / one-off versions of this for folks that want a “cutout” to fit a winch/winch-tray up front. Many people run into issues with the plastic factory grill, and either flex it in or cut the portion of the grill out to fit their winch configuration (I am one of those, to house my Warn 10K).
Behold! Excaliber! Forged when the world was young, and bird and beast and flower were one with man, and death was but a dream!

After a couple different mockups/prototypes over the past year, and a couple tweaks this past week, this is the one that should essentially be the exact same as the "production model". This weekend, the plan is to roll/bump form the top section (3" or so) of the grill to exactly follow the curve of the grill surround / grill housing. Once that is done, will be re-test fitting to make sure everything fits like a glove - looking like should be right on schedule for early-March release!

Should be able to get some pics up of the other parts over the weekend or early next week as well...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7608.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	112916   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7607.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	112917  

Name:	IMG_7610.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	112918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7611.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	112919  

Name:	IMG_7613.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	112920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7614.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	112921  

Name:	IMG_7615.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	112922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7617.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	112923  

Name:	IMG_7618.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	112924  
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old February 6th, 2015, 10:05 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Name:	image-2364904773.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	479.0 KB
ID:	112966

Got the panel and the shipment from Mud. Piece looks great as expected Lav, thanks!

I went with a dual USB, Hazard, Compressor, Lockers, and 12V.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
defender, series