RRC Canvas Seat Covers - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old May 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

The prototype will be for defender front seats, if there's interest we can expand to the other models.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

2 sets of RRC covers going out tomorrow -- anyone else want to get an order in while we're sitting with our supplier?

Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
What's the story on covers for manual RRC seats?

I'd really like some of these.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

If I understand correctly, the only difference between the electric and the manual seats would be that the manual seat covers wouldn't have the hole for the controller box on the side. If this is correct it's obviously not a problem to make them up.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I'm interested in your "New Tactical Series" and a Tactical cover for my Hi-Lift Jack Head...with the hidden pouch for the 30 rnd PMAG, please...thanks again!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Can do!

Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kexby View Post
If I understand correctly, the only difference between the electric and the manual seats would be that the manual seat covers wouldn't have the hole for the controller box on the side. If this is correct it's obviously not a problem to make them up.
The manual seats have a wheel to control seat recline instead of the control box.
I'll take a close look at them side by side this week.

Rent my
!
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Another set out the door, thanks for the continued interest!

Old June 12th, 2013, 11:17 PM
bigkel162
Kelvin Nodarse
1995 county lwb

Registry
Try to order my rear seat cover website only allow full set how do I go about.
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Kelvin, just shoot me an email to sales@kexbylimited.com with your color preference and ill get an invoice over to you.
Thanks!
Tony

Old June 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
REDrum
Niall Johnson
1970 Series IIA 88 - Sandstone

Registry
Just got a set for my RRC. The fit was excellent! Can't wait to get'm dirty.

'99 UZJ 100 - for glamping and grocery getting
'94 FZJ80 - our Costa Rican coffee mule
'96 FZJ80 - 3XL, racked, shaved and dipped in Raptor coat
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - a Costa Rican expat now with US citizenship!
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - for Central America surf & coffee exploration
'56 Petrol S1 86 - a whole new kind of land rover hell...
Old June 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM
bigkel162
Kelvin Nodarse
1995 county lwb

Registry
I'm totally satisfied and recommend these cover to everyone I easy to install and look great. Thank Anthony.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Thanks, Kelvin! Your order will be going out shortly. We appreciate the business very much!

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Love my new covers

Rent my
!
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
RRC rear 'tactical' MOLLE covers

Aside from the tire cover I got from Tony (Kexby) prior to VOT I wanted something to cover up the 60 section of the rear seat that remains. I also wanted to flexibility of using the space behind the seat to add in pouches so I worked (and prodded...and annoyed...) Tony to push on the tactical setup. Note that my loadspace has a minimal amount of unused space; the cover's MOLLE strapping along the bottom integrated perfectly with the cargo barrier in place already and allowed for the use of dead space extremely well.

The overall fit and finish of these covers is superb. Given the total absence of RRC covers on the market, they more than adequately fill the void-I'd say they surpass any reasonable expectation.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RRC MOLLE front.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	76636Click image for larger version

Name:	RRC MOLLE rear.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	76637

Much of VOT will likely see the 60 section consumed...these covers jumped into the fray already and I expect they'll do well. Looking forward to matching a set of D1 front seat covers eventually! Also believe we'll have a set of front RRC seats covered in them for the other teammate's vehicle.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shakedown rear seat_1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	76638Click image for larger version

Name:	Shakedown rear seat_2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	76639

Big kudos for a fantastic product.
r-
Ray
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

Email sent about a RRC black set with tan piping if possible - thanks!
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Question for these with these installed: Hows the fit once installed? Do they slip around much to speak of? One thing that drives me nuts about a lot of covers is the constant slip of the cover, you never feel secure in the seat. Do these slide and move when you jump in making you feel like you need to adjust them or that you're going to slip on the seat in off camber driving? Know what i mean?

I've considered having the center panels on my seats redone in suede for just this reason.
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM
REDrum
Niall Johnson
1970 Series IIA 88 - Sandstone

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roving Beetle View Post
Question for these with these installed: Hows the fit once installed? Know what i mean?
Having had a lot of seat covers in life I know what you mean. I've torn 3 sets out in fits of rage because they slide around so/too much. That said, these do move a bit, but no where near as much as others. Mine scoots a tad every time I get in, so every 5th time I get in I tug it back about .75" not too bad. But still, sort of the nature of a seat cover.

'99 UZJ 100 - for glamping and grocery getting
'94 FZJ80 - our Costa Rican coffee mule
'96 FZJ80 - 3XL, racked, shaved and dipped in Raptor coat
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - a Costa Rican expat now with US citizenship!
'70 Petrol SIIA 88 - for Central America surf & coffee exploration
'56 Petrol S1 86 - a whole new kind of land rover hell...
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thank you. I accept its a cover.... just trying to decide if I just get a back seat cover for the dogs etc and leave the fronts alone. Or maybe see if he can add a couple extra straps or something to mine.

Doug
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Thanks for all of the great input and questions! There are really two factors at work here: 1. We have to balance the tightness of the fit of the covers with the ease of installation. If you can't install them, no matter how tight they fit, they'll be useless. We feel that we've hit a good balance between the two. 2. Because most seats are designed with higher sides than the middle section, its a challenge getting the middle sections highly tensioned as you can't strap them Laterally without crushing the side bolsters. Again, we feel as though we've hit a good compromise here. At the end of the day these, by design, simply won't be the same solution a reupholstering your seats with new leather, but then they're not supposed to be!

Keep coming with the great discussion and suggestions for improvements and changes! We are staying very iterative with our various designs and the feedback is much appreciated!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
canvas