Defender Source Forum banner

ROVERDRIVES FOR NAS DEFENDER 90s

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Tallergypsy 
#1 ·
Vancouver Canada based ROVERDRIVE GEAR CORPORATION has introduced a new overdrive model to fit NAS spec DEFENDER 90s. Unlike Defenders elsewhere most NAS Defenders have 28 tooth input gears wheras the international standard is a 26 tooth gear.

Now that the new input gear is available any five speed Defender in North America can fit a ROVERDRIVE overdrive offering a 28% higher '6th gear' for economical long distance highway use. Fuel consumption improvement of up to 15% is reported by users and the reduction of noise in the cab at cruising speeds is significant.

The Roverdrive actually offers a complete second range of gears as it can be used in any gear in high and low ranges.

The ROVERDRIVE is easily fitted to the Defender in about two hours and requires no maintenance as it is lubricated by oil from the transfer case. The actuating lever is placed in the cab beside the hi/lo range knob. No drilling or alteration of the vehicle bodywork is required.

See www.roverdrives.com for more information

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I just installed one of their transfercase cooler covers and it is tits. My case has always run hot and I thought it was a good idea.
I do not have a Roverdrive (I would love one though) but if the cooler is any indication of the quality of product they have I would not hesitate to drop the coin.

Very nice to deal with also. :toast

#11 ·
There are some pics on their site. If you really want one I can take one.

I can feel the heat coming through the floor, and the t case it always hot to the touch after freeway runs and especially when running in any loos dirt/sand for long periods. I often work the truck fully loaded.

I know there are hear sources everywhere and I'm most likely paranoid, but I like the idea.

#15 ·
What year of Defender did you install this on? I have the cover and i have yet to install it on my 97 D-90
The Y-Pipe looks like it will be in the way.... I have a 4.0 with a ZF.... I was told it should work but I dont see how.. The Y-Pipe is stock not a NRP or Any other clone exhaust

Thnaks

#12 ·
So now you feel less heat coming through the floor? My cover needs to be resealed and I am wondering if I should just install this when I get a new gasket. Granted I am running a 3.9 and not a tdi. My floor does get hot and I have never been able to figure out why. Did you buy direct?

#18 ·
Roverdrive stuff

Whats that about not being Mr Modern I'm generally pretty good about being on top of my E mail.

The transfer case sump cover will be too close to the exhaust on some D90s with gas engines.

We are packing our NAS 110 2.8 for the 1600 mile trip to Moab. Who else is going?

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.