No Limit Expeditions - Central America Scout Trip - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
JPBrown
James Brown
91 & 2000-110 -93 130 wagon, 88 d90

No Limit Expeditions - Central America Scout Trip

We are offering D90 viewers this opportunity to join our Scouting Trip. This is a great chance for real enthusiests to get out there and have these vehicles do what they do best!

C e n t r a l 
 A m e r i c a 
 S c o u t i n g 
 T r i p 

July

August
2010:

$3,200
inclusive

No Limit Expeditions is offering a rare opportunity for select individuals to join our preliminary scouting trip across the wilds of Central America. We will spend 14 days traversing jungle tracks through Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica & Panama.

This trip will be our chance to map the tracks and trails that will be used in our upcoming season. We will be taking our expedition Land Rover Defender 130 and Land Rover Defender 110s. We have plotted a route but it is unclear whether this route will be passable for the entire journey. Part of this experience will be the logistics of finding our way and piecing together a puzzle of various rainforest tracks that zigzag their way through remote sections of these countries.

It will be a lot of work and we want you to come along as part of our team. This is a rare opportunity to see what goes into the logistics and planning of a real overland expedition. You will be a hands-on participant involved in every aspect of getting these vehicles and ourselves from Belize to the Darien Gap in Panama. We will be bush camping most of the time in rooftop tents and lodges when available. There will be rain, water and lots of mud but most importantly this is a unique chance to see this breathtaking untouched part of the world.

Graham Jackson, Director of Overland Training, will join the team as a lead guide for this scouting expedition. We are long time friends of Graham and are very excited to have him on this expedition. Traveling overland with Graham will be a tremendous learning opportunity for everyone. His skills and credentials speak for themselves.

We will be documenting the entire trip through video and photos capturing all of our experiences. A video documentary of the expedition will be presented to you upon completion.

Participants will fly into Belize City and fly out of Panama City. When arriving in Belize City you will board a charter flight to the remote and beautiful Chan Chich Lodge. This will be our starting point for the expedition. Upon arrival we will have a cocktail meet and greet along with a gourmet dinner and orientation. The next day the adventure begins!

The price includes in-country charter flight, food & drink, three nights of luxury accommodation, all camping and park fees, shared use of the NLX Land Rover Defender 110s and Defender 130. You will also receive the photo & video documentary of the trip when it is complete. This opportunity is open to four adventurous individuals or couples. This trip is also open to people wanting to bring their own vehicles, please contact us for details and pricing.

For further details please contact:
James Brown, Director
No Limit Expeditions
www.NoLimitX.com
ajpbrown@NoLimitX.com
(720) 289-4906
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_landrover_mud2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	27829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chan Chicpic.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	27830  

Click image for larger version

Name:	D90River.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	27831   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_jaguar.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	27832  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
tommyd
Tom
LR3

sounds like a fun trip. I think I saw your matching 90 and 110 parked at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas in early April. Wanted to stop and talk but couldn't . . .
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:12 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Simply awesome. this is exactly the type of guided trip I am equipping my 110 for. I am just a few years out, otherwise I would jump on this.

Please keep us posted. If Graham is onboard with you, that is enough endorsement to sell me. In a few years, I'll be ready to join one of your trips in my 110 with my crew.

Looking forward to the video and log.

p.s. I'm sure Graham will consider this scouting trip for a feature article in Overland Journal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2010, 09:58 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

Tom, that was us you saw in Austin, we were actualy there with Chric VonC. We are planning on being in Austin again in June and would really like to meet some of the locals, maybe we can put something together.

Mark, thanks for the positive words....take the trip now using one of our 110's and it will give you great experience for planning your own trip!
Your truck looks looks pretty good as is.

I do believe this will end up in Overland Journal not official yet but thats the word.

Thanks guys
James
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Actually, the truck is about ready to go, but my daughters need to grow up a little more. Doing a guided expedition to central america has been on my gotta do list for sometime, so count on me and my 110 joining one of your trips in the near future. I have some buds also working towards the same goal.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:40 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

I look forward to it!
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:47 PM
tommyd
Tom
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBrown View Post
Tom, that was us you saw in Austin, we were actualy there with Chric VonC. We are planning on being in Austin again in June and would really like to meet some of the locals, maybe we can put something together.
James
Yeah, the trucks were hard to miss! They look fantastic. It was all I could do to not stop, but I didn't want to be late for my wedding.

When will you be back in Austin? I'll be there in late June and would love to meet up. What brings you to town?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
JPBrown
James Brown

Thanks...We are from Austin and still have some family there. Our new trucks are shipping into Houston so we will be in Texas for a bit..not exactly sure of the dates yet.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
tommyd
Tom
LR3

Great. Sent you a PM so as not to further derail your thread. Hope we can meet up in Austin in June.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

Great news - Overland Journal will be covering the trip!
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
slorocco
Dan Prasada-Rao
1963, 109 Station Wagon

You said this is a scouting trip, what are you scouting for? Is there a follow-on event that you are prepping for?
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:06 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

We are scouting different tracks for our upcoming trip itineraries. We will be running variouse trips through Central America from Nov - June. Expeditions range from 7 - 14 days. Itineraries will be posted very soon on our website.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Please include on your website coordinating details for those like myself that would prefer to bring their own vehicle along. Question on shipping details, shipping costs, Carnet's etc would be helpful. I'm sure most of these trips are planned by attendees well in advance.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:13 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

As you have probably seen on our consulting page we state that we can help coordinate trips with the use of your own vehicle. We don't get specific because we deal in multiple destinations and the costs associated are always changing, especially shipping.

We don't allow "tagalongs" on all itineraries so it is best to contact us with questions or infomation you need and we can give you the cost breakdown for the specific trip you have in mind.

Coming soon to the website:
FAQ page - this page will deal with frequent questions like this one and will give more info.

Mark - FYI in late 2011 we will be running in North Africa - Morocco - Mauritania etc...at the end of our season we may do a trip from Morocco to Ghana. My wife & I spent 4.5 years in North & West Africa and are excited about getting back and sharing it with others.

Please feel free to send me a PM or email to discuss the details of a possible trip with your 110. It is best to plan in advance.
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Sounds good, thanks.
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:22 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

Hello everyone.....Quick update we have sold some seats so only a couple left! We are offering a 10% discount to D90 members - we would love to have some of you abord!

We have also just heard Land Rover World magazine will be doing a story on the trip as well.

Thanks
James
No Limit Expeditions
www.NoLimitX.com
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
I would loooovvvveeeeeee to do this. Just don't think I have the money right now.
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

Keith we would loooove to have you...with 10% off it's only $2,880!

FYI - Two people from the SCARR event won $250 gift certificates...these are redeemable for this trip.

Thanks
James
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:49 PM
JPBrown
James Brown

Hello everyone, Ryan Donald from the North West Overland Society is very interested in doing this trip with his own vehicle.

He is wanting to drive down and meet us in Belize for the rest of the trip. He is looking for others who may be interested in traveling with him, even if just for the first half of the trip. If anyone has any interest please let me know or you can respond to him via his post on the NWOS.

http://northwestoverlandsociety.org/...c/Default.aspx

Thanks
James
No Limit Expeditions
www.NoLimitX.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
central america, defender, expedition, off road, trip