Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM
ExmoorTrimUSA
Exmoor Trim USA
Premium Land Rover Accessories
D-90 Source Vendor

New Exmoor Trim USA Soft Tops for sale

I have 2 Exmoor Trim USA NAS Soft Tops that I can now pass on.

The master sample top consists of a heavier weight Stayfast material versus a lighter weight Mohair/Twillfast. We chose the material due its weight quality and the thickness of the central rubber layer being twice the standard thickness. Windows are .80 and are of the highest grade.

The thread gauge we use is a UK24 which is a heavier gauge, The threads we use are the highest spec and purchased from Jaguar supplier as these are used on all Bently, Jaguar & Rolls royes tops, The thread is the best we can get and UV resistant and also self expanding and reactive to the elements. Zippers are 9mm and are automotiive grade and not marine.

TOP ONE (Master Sample) $1200.00

The master sample top has only one very minor change needed that in no way affects the fit of the top (straps that secure the rolled up windows and back are too long).

This top is basiclly the third prototype and has the alpine windows installed which will be offered as an option on the basic tops that will be in stock middle of June. The top is designed to be used with the NAS header bar or ROW header bar, 5 snap bar and tailgate bar.

Retail on this top will be under $2000.00 and will be in stock at all times with options available within 30 days from order.

TOP TWO $600.00

Top two is the first protype top that does in fact fit but has a few fitment issues. The top was sent back and forth from England a few times and has been on 4 trucks so far.

The 2 main issues are it does not fit well around the tire carrier and more material needs to be added on the lower side of the roll cage where it passes under the B hoop. I can send images of the issues if requested.

With both tops we request honest feedback (good or bad) and images that we can use on the website.

Telephone service will be on next week but if you are interested please drop me an email at info@exmoortrimusa.com .

After the July kickoff we'll only be supplying Land Rover retail outlets in the US so we can concentrate on manufacturing the goods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Bryanfor311
Bryan
Former Owner - 1994 D90 #690

Please send pics. Does top two secure down or is just very tight around the tire carrier? Also, I can come to Orlando for any kind of fitment needed.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:03 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Morning Bryan

I have images but I have to shrink them a bit to post here. Shot me an email and I can send the larger files over. Basiclly the cutout around the tire carrier bracket leaves an overlap of material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanfor311 View Post
Please send pics. Does top two secure down or is just very tight around the tire carrier? Also, I can come to Orlando for any kind of fitment needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM
rogersta
Drew Rogers
1993 NAS D110 #51

Sent you an email. Interested in top one and would like some pictures. Snap or belt rail system?
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Their other thread had some pics of the final product
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Stephen, I'm guessing my emails that haven't been responded to regarding me wanting to purchase Top #2 on 5/24, 6/11, and 6/21 are an indicator of either this top is no longer available or you don't want my money ?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old June 25th, 2012, 05:54 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

We always want money but the top is long gone. I still have one left that I need to check out but I think the fit is not as good.

I'll have to recheck all emails as far as I know we have not missed one. Sorry about that.
Give me a day to check the other top and I'll send you a direct message about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Stephen, I'm guessing my emails that haven't been responded to regarding me wanting to purchase Top #2 on 5/24, 6/11, and 6/21 are an indicator of either this top is no longer available or you don't want my money ?

Old June 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariHP View Post
We always want money but the top is long gone. I still have one left that I need to check out but I think the fit is not as good.

I'll have to recheck all emails as far as I know we have not missed one. Sorry about that.
Give me a day to check the other top and I'll send you a direct message about that one.
Thanks Stephen...keep me posted once you have a chance to scope out the other possibility. It's for my trail rig, so doesn't have to be *perfect*.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:14 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Stephen:

Emailed you a few weeks go about that 3rd top but haven't heard back. Did you have a chance to look for it? If so please email me when you get a second.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

You can have it for $200.00. It is new but the sides are slightly to long so the fit is not tight.

Retail is correct would be close to 2k.

Seems like there were some minor adjustments that were needed that did not effect the real fitment just nice to change items.

Sold as is but we will stand behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Stephen:

Emailed you a few weeks go about that 3rd top but haven't heard back. Did you have a chance to look for it? If so please email me when you get a second.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
You can have it for $200.00. It is new but the sides are slightly to long so the fit is not tight.

Retail is correct would be close to 2k.

Seems like there were some minor adjustments that were needed that did not effect the real fitment just nice to change items.

Sold as is but we will stand behind it.
Stephen:

Done deal. PayPal or should I call the shop?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Stephen:

PayPal sent (to your info@safarihp.com email...same that I've used before) per our phone call this morning - thanks again!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Got it! I'll email info over shortly.

Scott

Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Got it! I'll email info over shortly.

Scott
Got it...thanks Scott!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
exmoor, soft top