Limited Time (Truck-lite) LED Light Special - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM
FlaD90's Avatar
FlaD90
Status: Offline
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 525
Smile Limited Time (Truck-lite) LED Light Special

Get your Defender ready for summer

Set includes the following items: (Truck-lite)
(2) Turn Signal Lights
(2) Stop / Tail Lights
(1) Reveres Light
(1) Variable load Flasher unit

These lights are plug & play meaning remove your old lights + Flasher and plug in the new lights and supplied flasher and you are set.
$395.00
All orders must be placed before cutoff deadline of March 31th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReverseFront.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	49124  
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ray Bone's Avatar
Ray Bone
Status: Offline
Ray Bone
defender.
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 247
Do they fit the euro model? If it does, I like to have a set please. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
RedD90's Avatar
RedD90
Status: Offline
JNH
'97 D90
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Great White North
Posts: 233
31th?
__________________
Hicktonite
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
97-D90-736
Status: Offline
Nick Vogel
1997 D-90 / 2012 LR4
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 508
I had there LED headlamps. If these things are anything like the headlamps, they will be an awesome upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
FlaD90's Avatar
FlaD90
Status: Offline
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 525
Guys,

I have posted a limited offer and our website: http://safaridust.com/NAS-LED-Lights_c8.htm

You can process the order anytime before the offer expires, but we will place a bulk order after the offer expires.
Turn around time is 2 weeks to your door.

These will fit Defenders with the mounting plinths, the LED connector end plugs into the stock OEM unit, completly sealed and have a stock look to them.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
maleger
Status: Offline
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 395
Registry
Is the LED flasher a 4 pin relay ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Rufus's Avatar
Rufus
Status: Offline
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Shore, MASS
Posts: 489
Registry
I like these Led lights a lot. Do these plug and play for stock 93/94 lights? How thick are the lights? is there a way to mount them flush on a 93/94 with out drilling large holes in the body to accomodate the rear end of the lights? i.e. Im wondering if I could mount them flush to the body with minimal drilling and feed the wires through the existing holes from the OME 93/94 lights. Thanks - great lights
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
I like these Led lights a lot. Do these plug and play for stock 93/94 lights? How thick are the lights? is there a way to mount them flush on a 93/94 with out drilling large holes in the body to accomodate the rear end of the lights? i.e. Im wondering if I could mount them flush to the body with minimal drilling and feed the wires through the existing holes from the OME 93/94 lights. Thanks - great lights
This should help. It's in mm's:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-310966407.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	49448  
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Neil McCauley's Avatar
Neil McCauley
Status: Offline
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,366
How come nobody makes the square lights?
__________________
A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"

Robert Deniro
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:47 AM
JimC's Avatar
JimC
Status: Offline
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 7,154
Registry
They do, but they're 24 volt.
__________________
Jim Cheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:48 AM
maleger
Status: Offline
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 395
Registry
I bought some 1994 square LED lights, but it's a lot more expensive than the lights proposed here.
It is discussed here:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...616#post297616
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hammertime's Avatar
Hammertime
Status: Offline
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chambersburg, Pa U.S.A.
Posts: 376
How much more would it cost to replace the front two turn signal lights also?
__________________
Due to the rising cost of ammo there will no longer be a warning shots!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
FlaD90's Avatar
FlaD90
Status: Offline
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleger View Post
Is the LED flasher a 4 pin relay ?
sorry for the late reply, relay is 3 pin model...

There is also a write up on changing over to these lights from the 94 square lights and what additional connectors you will need.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
In case there was any question on this, these are the same LED lights as you see on the ECR site that they show as NLA, and at Tom's price you're basically getting the relay for free and the reverse LED at the same price as the others, which is a significant discount over the regular price!

Tom, I'm curious if you'd also offer a kit price without the reverse LED, since that's by far the most expensive piece in the kit, and how much that would be? Just trying to be frugal for tax season, since the reverse is rarely used.

Tom may have more info on this, but I thought if you supply the proper 4 pin you retain the trailer light capability.

And to Dana's point, I'm not sure the LEDs up front and in back have been perfected yet. In the front you'll likely need to put in some resistors right after the connections, and with that, some luck as well - it's worked on a few trucks, and not on others.

And the 1994 question - there are a few options for LEDs, but I think in most cases you need to shave down the bezels a little bit on the LED kits of the square 1994 style, and always confirm you're getting the 12V version.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
FlaD90's Avatar
FlaD90
Status: Offline
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
In case there was any question on this, these are the same LED lights as you see on the ECR site that they show as NLA, and at Tom's price you're basically getting the relay for free and the reverse LED at the same price as the others, which is a significant discount over the regular price!

Tom, I'm curious if you'd also offer a kit price without the reverse LED, since that's by far the most expensive piece in the kit, and how much that would be? Just trying to be frugal for tax season, since the reverse is rarely used.

Tom may have more info on this, but I thought if you supply the proper 4 pin you retain the trailer light capability.

And to Dana's point, I'm not sure the LEDs up front and in back have been perfected yet. In the front you'll likely need to put in some resistors right after the connections, and with that, some luck as well - it's worked on a few trucks, and not on others.

And the 1994 question - there are a few options for LEDs, but I think in most cases you need to shave down the bezels a little bit on the LED kits of the square 1994 style, and always confirm you're getting the 12V version.

You are correct, 4 pin is needed for trailer light...not sure on availability and are pricey...but I can check.

We can also put together a kit without the reverse light..
Price would be $285.00 with the standard 3 pin flasher included

New Kit Price will be up on the site, so you can choose kit price "A" or "B" according to your needs.


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
keiphers's Avatar
keiphers
Status: Offline
Keith
1997 D90 ST #647
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 57
Registry
Ordered, thanks! Now y'all need to offer a replacement kit for the front...
__________________
'11 RRS Supercharged
'97 Defender 90
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Rufus's Avatar
Rufus
Status: Offline
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Shore, MASS
Posts: 489
Registry
Josh thanks for posting the pics with the measurements - that is helpful. I will re-read the 94 install post again for these lights -but i don't remember if my question is covered in that post. I am wondering if you install these with the OEM plinths, if you can mount them relatively flush to the body w/o having to drill large holes to accommodate the back end of the lights. With a 94 I am trying to see if I can install these with minimal drilling. Again these are awesome lights. Will you offer this deal again in the future? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:02 AM
FlaD90's Avatar
FlaD90
Status: Offline
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Josh thanks for posting the pics with the measurements - that is helpful. I will re-read the 94 install post again for these lights -but i don't remember if my question is covered in that post. I am wondering if you install these with the OEM plinths, if you can mount them relatively flush to the body w/o having to drill large holes to accommodate the back end of the lights. With a 94 I am trying to see if I can install these with minimal drilling. Again these are awesome lights. Will you offer this deal again in the future? Thanks
I feel your concern, you would use the OEM plinths to install these lights. absolutely minimal drilling required, the hole only needs to be large enough for the connector plug to fit thru. On the 94 if I remember correctly theres only one hole which the wires run thru. The plinths line up correctly and the look and feel is a clean factory look...the spacing is correct and the single hole with the 94 line up but is little offset but well within the plinth center hole for the wires to run thru and still cover the factory hole.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	49625  
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM
rich3890's Avatar
rich3890
Status: Offline
Richard Nesbett
95 D90 ST
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: rocky river, oh , usa
Posts: 34
Just ordered a set. Thanks for the deal and I can't wait to get them in a few weeks.
rich
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
I ended up just going with the full kit. Let us know what you find on the 4 pin flasher relay.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ht

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reverse led light part # needed FlaD90 Defender Technical Discussions 5 July 16th, 2010 08:35 PM
First trip in the truck rijosho Misc. Chit-Chat 28 May 9th, 2010 09:12 PM
A Great Read... CDN90 Misc. Chit-Chat 6 December 16th, 2009 12:25 PM
how many forum members does it take to change a light bulb? brn24whl Misc. Chit-Chat 14 December 4th, 2009 09:07 AM
Light Weight needs a good home Kevin For Sale - Vehicles 2 February 6th, 2005 01:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Copyright