Defender Source Forum banner

Kahn Design Parts

Tags
part parts
6K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  don 
#1 ·
Yeah, yeah. I know. I've seen enough of a demand from customers that I saw it fit to become a dealer, so I can offer a pretty solid discount on their advertised prices.

I'll be placing a large order with them in the next couple of days if anyone wants to get in on it.

-Ash

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Agreed. Permanent damage to the body panels so a restoration/removal would require all new skin, save the bonnet and tailgate. That doesn't change.

That poor Porsche! Vanilla Ice anyone??? They did use 944 tail light lenses atleast!
Actually I don't think it is permanent. I think they are glued on.

#17 ·
I had a long conversation with Oliver about the side panels, as he's recently outfit a truck with them; I have a set here which we'll be installing on a 90, so I wanted his take on the install before I made my purchase.

There's no provided fastening mechanisms provided with the kit, so you're kind of left to your own creativity when installing. The recommended means of attachment is with an automotive-grade adhesive which, admittedly, is some pretty permanent stuff. We'll be hanging them with both the adhesive and a series of rivnuts as a fail safe. I've only seen one truck in person with the kit attached and it was a pretty shoddy job, so I'm hoping to have a much better final product with the above method.

I do have to say that even though their designs and styling aren't for most of us, the quality of everything I have received from them has been very high.

-Ash

#31 ·
Bolt heads don't go anywhere. All for effect. Personally I wouldn't rivet it on. The glue should suffice and if it doesn't at least there aren't holes left behind.
The one I saw had pretty standard looking bolts. I would have thought some sort of stainless or dzus style fastening would look better.

Glueing them in place seems like a good option. While they have some appeal today I'm sure in a few years they'll devalue a truck.

#32 ·
I just started a build on a 1966 109 for my 16 year old daughter just started it this week she fell in love with the kahn grill would definitely be interested in one of those and the whole wide body kit if the price is right I also need a line on all the window gaskets and door gaskets and door hinges if anyone has any suggestions thinking about putting it on a Toyota 4 runner chassis with a all aluminum v8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.