ECR Now Installing our Rubber Window Channel Kits! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old July 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
proulx70
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor

ECR Now Installing our Rubber Window Channel Kits!

We're happy to announce that East Coast Rover ECR is now installing our Replacement Rubber Window Channel Kits!

Contact ECR and eliminate that window rattle once-and-for-all!

http://www.eastcoastrover.com

ECR
13 Merrill Drive
Rockland, ME 04841 USA
Phone: 207-594-8086
Fax: 207-594-8120

Phone hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm Eastern
Friday 8:00am to 2:30pm Eastern
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 2.30.21 PM.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	76657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 1.05.54 PM.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	76658  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 1.45.50 PM.png
Views:	202
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	76659  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Cool...

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

That's great Paul!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Darby
Darby Richards
1992 Defender 110 200TDI

Great to hear - I have the rear sliding ones installed on my D110 - works great!
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Arcadeus
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE

Registry
Does this replace the felt in the rears?
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
proulx70
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
Does this replace the felt in the rears?
Yes, this replaces the factory felts that wear out and degrade causing the rattle. Our rubber extrusion not only eliminates the rattle, but customers are noting less wind noise from the rear of the vehicle when traveling at highway speeds due to the improved seal.

You can see product details on our website http://www.garrisonoutfitters.com

Best regards,
Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Paul, just received the side window kit and I'm blown away by it, great work! I pulled one window tonight and in addition to the rivets there was double sided foam tape holding it in place. I don't know if someone had these out previously from the truck (maybe when the exo cage went in), but is this needed or necessary for reassembly or are the rivets sufficient?
Many thanks!
Tony

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:03 PM
proulx70
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the kind words! That foam tape is a weather seal. You need to keep that. You'll see in the instructions that you just just slice it at either end of the window frame to get the two sections apart.

Good luck and keep me posted. You can also email us directly at support@garrisonoutfitters.com

Best regards,
Paul

Old August 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Sorry, should have been more specific: mine has foam double sided tape (and it looks like dum dum) that was adhering the frame to the body work, I.e. in addition to the rivets holding the frame to the truck, there was tape. Any point in putting new on after I clean the old stuff up?

Old August 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM
NealK
Neal
97 AA Yellow ST, #1905

Registry
So, I would like to get this kit to install for my front windows but it would be first time tinkering on my truck and want to know if I have the right tools. I am not the most handy of people but would like to be able to do a lot of the non mecahnical stuff on my truck. So what tools do you need for this project? thanks
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealK View Post
So, I would like to get this kit to install for my front windows but it would be first time tinkering on my truck and want to know if I have the right tools. I am not the most handy of people but would like to be able to do a lot of the non mecahnical stuff on my truck. So what tools do you need for this project? thanks
If you search Garrison Outfitters I think we have most of the instructions on this forum.
Old August 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

The youtube they posted for the side windows was extremely helpful (and really well produced). I'm sure the video for the door tops will get you most of the way there. I really can't speak highly enough about this product, I just finished the first of the side windows and it took very little time and worked very well. Money very well spent.

Old August 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
proulx70
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Sorry, should have been more specific: mine has foam double sided tape (and it looks like dum dum) that was adhering the frame to the body work, I.e. in addition to the rivets holding the frame to the truck, there was tape. Any point in putting new on after I clean the old stuff up?
Sorry for the delayed reply,

I would get rid of all that double-sided tape as its not needed. Just be sure that it didn't damage they gray foam weather seal as you don't want to get water leaks.

Best,
Paul

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
proulx70
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealK View Post
Hi Neal,

You will need the following;

Power drill, 1/8" metal drill bit, POP rivet gun (handheld manual is fine), needle-nose pliers, flathead screwdriver, metal file (not required for all installations), eye protection, paper towels or rags, soap and water solution, household cleaner/degreaser, hammer, nail punch.

I think you'll find the videos helpful. http://www.youtube.com/garrisonoutfitters

Best,
Paul

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
NealK
Neal
97 AA Yellow ST, #1905

Registry
Awesome, thanks Paul

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
channel, ecr, kit, rubber, window