Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old December 17th, 2010, 12:17 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

ECR name change

East Coast Rover Co is changing its name to ECR. We've been known by ECR for most of the time anyway, and with Land Rover's legal teams going after everyone with Rover in their name we are making the change early in order to make the change easier for us and web site visitors. We know its just a matter of time before LRNA comes calling about it.
Our web site domain name will be changing as well and we will have a few different versions that we will put up on the web site so that your bookmarks can be updated, and we will maintain eastcoastrover.com as long as possible.

Thanks for your time. Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!

ECR

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Wise move, Mike. LRNA is on the warpath. Britrover will also be going through a name/domain change soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
all the cool kids are doing it

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
dont worry i wont be changing my domain for land rover. www.keithhumphreys.com is a-ok with me. =)
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:09 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Do they have legal rights on the name rover? I will update all of you guys on my bookmarks.
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Guess I need to change the name of my dog then . . . . Rover.
Old December 17th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilder View Post
Do they have legal rights on the name rover? I will update all of you guys on my bookmarks.
Yes they have a patent on "Rover" see the letter from LRNA I posted in my "finally happened" thread. Any business with "rover" in their business name or website domain name is being forced to change their company name as LRNA says "confusion" is being created in the market place for their customers.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I totally fell for Doug's false advertising. I mean when I wanted a new Range Rover I ended up going to Doug totally by mistake. In the end it worked out as he gave a better service warranty that my local dealer but I blame the whole experience on his blatant misrepresentation. I am glad someone is putting a stop to it.
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:52 PM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.
1995 D90 SW #314, 59 SII 88 HT

Can they really force you to stop using a domain name that you own the rights to?
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespierce View Post
Can they really force you to stop using a domain name that you own the rights to?
Yeah they can. Think about buying landrover1.com or charlizetheron1.com you are basically using someone elses brand to sell something.

not that i own either of them.
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
WTF? Seriously? When did we move to Russia? I think LRNA should just change their name to Little-Stalin-Regime-NorthAmerica. That would allow more beneficial businesses to remain operating under the status quo.

On an interesting side note, the local "Land Rover" dealer (I use that term loosely) had no idea what my 110 was when I stopped by there. One guy asked me if it was from the 60's, another said 'I think they made a few hundred of these back in 1987'. Of which I smiled and nodded. Of course, we all know they made 500 NAS in 1993. Which my truck of course is not even part of. But hey, they're the experts!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 18th, 2010, 08:54 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
WTF? Seriously? When did we move to Russia? I think LRNA should just change their name to Little-Stalin-Regime-NorthAmerica. That would allow more beneficial businesses to remain operating under the status quo.

On an interesting side note, the local "Land Rover" dealer (I use that term loosely) had no idea what my 110 was when I stopped by there.
I think that's the same "dealer" that told me they stopped "supporting" the Defender back in 1995. They also told me that they don't offer OEM D90 keys anymore.
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
We'll...the key part is 1/4 true. Some 1994/95(?) they can't cut the key from the vin as the info is no longer in their system...
Old December 18th, 2010, 01:35 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Yes they have a patent on "Rover" see the letter from LRNA I posted in my "finally happened" thread. Any business with "rover" in their business name or website domain name is being forced to change their company name as LRNA says "confusion" is being created in the market place for their customers.
Doug - I've searched and can't seem to find the "finally happened" thread. Can you shoot me a link?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
On an interesting side note, the local "Land Rover" dealer (I use that term loosely) had no idea what my 110 was when I stopped by there. One guy asked me if it was from the 60's, another said 'I think they made a few hundred of these back in 1987'. Of which I smiled and nodded. Of course, we all know they made 500 NAS in 1993. Which my truck of course is not even part of. But hey, they're the experts!
LOL........

while working at one of the local dealerships, I had customer with a d90, many techs though it was my personal "jeep" until a couple of them heard me asking for parts at the counter.
the same techs did not know lr had diesel models... and when they saw me pull a timing light out of my box they questioned what it was and what purpose it served.
then they called me "old school"....
I pulled my 87 range for an oil change and same techs could not believe that a p38 oil filter fits an "older"engine.
by now many of the older techs have moved on to greener pastures due to the b/s to which we are subjected at said places, so the fresh out of school guys come in with a chip on their shoulders.. these are the guys whom have never seen a carburator or a distribuitor... ignition points wtf is that?.
lol....
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman View Post
Guess I need to change the name of my dog then . . . . Rover.
You'll get a letter too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Doug - I've searched and can't seem to find the "finally happened" thread. Can you shoot me a link?
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&postcount=12
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:16 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
I think that's the same "dealer" that told me they stopped "supporting" the Defender back in 1995. They also told me that they don't offer OEM D90 keys anymore.
They are kinda right. The stock NAS 90/110 key blank has been NLA for some time.
What you get now is a huge D2 key.

------ Follow up post added December 18th, 2010 05:18 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSLongLake View Post
We'll...the key part is 1/4 true. Some 1994/95(?) they can't cut the key from the vin as the info is no longer in their system...
???
Did a key for a customer with a 1993 NAS 110 who lost his key last week. Dealer cut me a key just off the VIN.
I think it depends if the dealer wants to look for the data or not.

------ Follow up post added December 18th, 2010 05:20 PM ------

Take your pic to get to the ECR site.

http://www.newecr.com
http://www.ecrrox.com
http://www.ecr4x4.com

I wonder what LRNA would do if the first page of a "Rover" web site was a disclaimer that stated the company was not in bed with LRNA and that you can't buy a new Range Rover there, etc etc (all said in the correct legalize). Then you click a button to enter the site.
Wouldn't that kinda ends the "confusion" debate?

In one of the letters I saw from LRNA it listed "confusion" and also not wanting to "dilute the brand"... please.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
In one of the letters I saw from LRNA it listed "confusion" and also not wanting to "dilute the brand"... please.

They must have no idea what you do for their "Brand". I would take a 110 from ECR over a Range Rover Supercharged Autobiography anyday!
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Start a poll
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I would contact the people at www.ecr.net and see if they would sell you www.ecr.com, since they are not using it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ecr